[XenCustomize] Limit Resource Downloads

[XenCustomize] Limit Resource Downloads [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Also, it would be really great if you could make the features of this add-on (although the name would not be very appropriate) in the same way for forum thread files. The biggest shortcoming of XenForo is unfortunately that it doesn't set such limits :(
This add-on has been specifically designed for the resource manager. Therefore, implementing similar features for forum thread files wouldn't be feasible. It's quite complex, and if we ever decide to create something similar for threads, it would be a separate add-on, for sure.

It will be useful to force the user to stay on the site (increase the time navigation for google). But most users may swear for this :) this detail should not be overlooked.

I think it would be a good option to add it as an option.

the final decision is yours.
This has been implemented in the latest v1.1.1

Veer updated [XenCustomize] Limit Resource Downloads with a new update entry:

1.1.2 - Native JavaScript code

Limit Resource Downloads v1.1.2 Has Released 📢

In this update, we've rewritten the JavaScript code to make it native, meaning it no longer relies on jQuery. This change prepares us for the removal of jQuery in XenForo 2.3.

📜 Changelog​

• JavaScript has been rewritten to make it native, (no longer relies on jQuery) in preparation for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I get this error when i try to install the addon

Exception: MySQL query error [1366]: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x91\x8D) ...' for column 'phrase_text' at row 1

1.1.2.1 - Minor adjustment

In this update, we removed an emoji (👍) from a couple of phrases. This emoji caused an error (reported by @olgert zerbaska) during add-on installation if your config.php was missing the line $config['fullUnicode'] = true;. Here's what's changed:

📜 Changelog:​

• We took out the emoji from these phrases:
    • xcu_lrdl_reaction_limit_overview
    • xcu_lrdl_reaction_limit_not_applied
If you've already installed the add-on, there's no need to upgrade to this version. It's a minor adjustment. 👍

Last edited:
I'm looking for something like this, but just wanted to check if it does what I need.
Member downloads resource A. Before they can download resource B they must leave a review for resource A etc etc

I'm looking for something like this, but just wanted to check if it does what I need.
Member downloads resource A. Before they can download resource B they must leave a review for resource A etc etc
It check reactions, not reviews.

maybe someone here can help me while i await for a response through their ticket system. i've set everything up the way i wanted, but when i login to my regular test account, after i click LIKE, i get another page that says i need to react with a positive reaction. LIKE is already a positive reaction, i dont know why im getting that second page. in the LRD options menu, when i enter a reaction ID, either 1 or 1 AND 2 (2 ROWS), when i click LIKE and go to dl, i get hit with server error. dont know why thats happening. all the permissions are set correctly. ALSO, if i disable the reaction limit and bypass reaction limit and try to dl , i get hit with server error also. can someone help me? an important note , im using external links. dont know if that makes any difference, but my admin account i have no problems, but then again, i have no restrictions (lol). thanks in advanced for any type of help.

1.1.4 - External Download URL

Limit Resource Downloads v1.1.4 Released 📢

In this update, we've made further enhancements related to "External Download URL" type resources and expanded support for certain limits while making overall improvements.

• Resources with the "External Download URL" type now support:
    • Download limit
    • Countdown timer
    • Positive reaction limit (v1.1.3)
    • Message count limit (v1.1.3)...

1.1.5 - Countdown Timer Time Permission Fix

Limit Resource Downloads v1.1.5 Released 📢

In this update, we've resolved an issue where the User group permission "Countdown timer time" was not being applied on the front-end.

• Resolved an issue where the User group permission "Countdown timer time" was not being applied on the front-end.
We recommend all users running a previous version of 1.1.x to upgrade to this version for enhanced stability.

Top Bottom