Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
@truonglv Just purchased!

Is it possible to change the name "Groups" in the main navigation menu? In "Options / Public navigation" the name appears not to be editable.

Thanks!

Okay, so I renewed this add on to give it a look through again... and I am wondering about this timer on the events... it doesn't make much sense as it constantly flip flops as you leave and enter the event -- and is not displaying correct information.

How can this be disabled?? It is not getting time that well...as it shouldn't be counting the time between event start and event end before the event has even started and perhaps can we add "days" "hours" "minutes" "seconds" about the numbers so that people can quickly grasp what's going on?.... @truonglv can you help?

socialgroups-challenge.png

Okay, so I renewed this add on to give it a look through again... and I am wondering about this timer on the events... it doesn't make much sense as it constantly flip flops as you leave and enter the event -- and is not displaying correct information.

How can this be disabled?? It is not getting time that well...as it shouldn't be counting the time between event start and event end before the event has even started and perhaps can we add "days" "hours" "minutes" "seconds" about the numbers so that people can quickly grasp what's going on?.... @truonglv can you help?

View attachment 276267
Now you can complete disable that block.

@truonglv is it correct that this add-on does not have an importer available to import vBulletin social groups into it?

What are the barriers for this? How are other customers managing after moving from vBulletin (or IPS) to XF?

@truonglv is it correct that this add-on does not have an importer available to import vBulletin social groups into it?

What are the barriers for this? How are other customers managing after moving from vBulletin (or IPS) to XF?
I've removed importer for vB3 in recently version. By now, I only offer to import from XF to XF.

Little more work needs to go into the setup of a group so it doesn't look like this for those that aren't "familair" with how to "work the pole".

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 6.50.32 AM.webp

Sorry but what is your suggestion o_O
Errr.. maybe configure it in an n optional overlay for the group name over the profile banner as an option? And maybe also figuring out how to get it to show the entire group name instead of cutting it 1/2 way off as was shown in the initial image that was attached (when not using an image). Kinda "short" sighted to cut off at least 1/2 of the group name if it's "too long", would you not agree? I'm sure there is a programatic way to have it either wrap or reduce in text size.
And how about allowing the upload of an image for the background, and then use the FULL NAME of the group overlayed?
Yes, I am fully capable of doing a graphic that would work... but how many normal members creating a group would be able to do so?

A simple example... this SHOULD (since it's a simple cover photo) still be able to have the text displayed on top if it just like an XF profile can, or several other add-ons that use "profile" covers".

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 9.23.21 AM.png

Last edited:
Ouch.. this is rather ugly. I realize it's style specific for the PixelExit since I have it defined to use large avatars in forums... but it does work fine there.
Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 12.59.48 AM.png

Is there a way that the add-on can automatically resize those avatars if the admin has selected to use Large in the PixelExit style settiings?
Or should this be addressed by @Russ?

Additionally... should not nodes created under the "Group Nodes" be shown there and not in the main system nodes list?
If so, then my add-on that I have is not working correctly for some reason as when I create a node under the Group Nodes tab (like a category) they go into the system nodes list and do NOT show up in the Groups tab.

Go to the nodes in ACP

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.54.15 AM.png

Click on Group nodes

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.54.24 AM.png

Create new Category Node under the Groups tab

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.54.33 AM.png

Create the category and save it

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.55.35 AM.png

And this is what is shown under the "Groups node" list

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.55.47 AM.png

But it DOES shown up under the System nodes

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 2.00.09 AM.png

Unlike your example here
screen-shot-2022-11-18-at-20-28-34-png.276696

Even with ALL other add-ons being disabled and this the only one enabled, the same thing occurs.

Now, once I create a group, and then look create a discussion area, it shows up

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.00.30 AM.png

But I still can't create a category for that area to place them under.

Am I misunderstanding what you mean by "archive"? To me, an archive is a storage area for data that is no longer being used, but available for retrieval. It's NOT a live area. It would be somewhere that would store the node data for a group that may have been deleted.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 4.56.19 AM.png

Do you actually mean "ADD" the forums to a node when you prompt here?

EDIT: for others that may wonder.. yep, that appears EXACTLY what it means.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.55.55 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.55.55 AM.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
may be.. but not helpful in what he asked about.
It seems that this is STILL an issue 2 years later? When I created a new discussion group for a club I set up.. guess what popped up at the bottom of my main nodelist?

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 4.09.47 AM.png

I'm still reading through the 30 pages of discussion here (on page 11) to see if there is a fix to this or something that I missed in my setup.
I detailed in another post why that may be happening, since I cannot create a category from the "group nodes" that doesn't end back up in the main system nodes.

Jeezus H. Christ... this add-on is a hot mess.

I go and edit the discussion node above to NOT display in the nodelist... and now the damned thing is gone from the group discussion area. This is what shows up when I click on Discussions.. and yes, it showed up there BEFORE I made the edit to not display in the nodelist.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 4.33.02 AM.png

And yes, it ALSO shows up under the Nodes_Groups location

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 4.35.10 AM.png

The ONLY way I've found so far to "get it back" is to delete the group, recreate the group, set up the discussion area and it goes right back to being listed in the main forum node.... so when you edit it to not be visible.... it goes adios as far as being able to click on it from the group screen. I have a pretty good idea what the issue is... but I'm going to leave that to you to fix since I paid for this add-on and don't feel it's my job to tell you how to fix its issues.

EDIT: ok..it WAS whatI thought it was... please, don't use "archive" in the manner you do in the add-on. Archival storage is just that... for OLD data that is no longer live. So yes, I did give you the answer that affected me.

BTW, where exactly is the support forum for this add-on at your site? The one for Social Groups for 2.x.x is closed for replies.
And I really don't want to talk bad... but even your site for support is a hot mess. It's EXTREMELY difficult to easily find the correct location to receive support for the add-ons from.
Suggestion... create a category for EVERY paid add-on that you have, create nodes under that for stuff like support, suggestions and whatnot.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 4.42.28 AM.png
This is where your link here directs a user to... kinda hard to get support in an area that's "Not open for further replies".

And I'm not even going to TOUCH but once upon the fact that the add-on you link to for support here is listed at $29 on your site, but $50 here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom