Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.0.8

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - Option to turn off group header in group forums.
  • Add - Option to use XF alerts to send an alert to group owner/moderators when a user joins a public group.
  • Add - Option to use XF alerts to send an alert to site administrators when a user creates a new group.
  • Fix - When a user is deleted in XenForo, the user is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I got this error:
Code:
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_User::getUsers() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/html/community/library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 920 and defined
[LIST=1]
[*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 310
[*]XenForo_Model_User->getUsers() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 920
[*]Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionSaveGroup() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/community/index.php at line 13
[/LIST]
Also delete group forum does not actually work, they still exist in the Node Tree.
Also got this error:
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'END WHERE node_id IN ()' at line 3
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Snog/SocialGroups/Model/Groups.php at line 333
Snog_SocialGroups_Model_Groups->nodeSort() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 910
Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionSaveGroup() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/community/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
I got this error:
Code:
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_User::getUsers() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/html/community/library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 920 and defined
[LIST=1]
[*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 310
[*]XenForo_Model_User->getUsers() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 920
[*]Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionSaveGroup() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/community/index.php at line 13
[/LIST]

I'll release an update today to fix this error.

Also delete group forum does not actually work, they still exist in the Node Tree.

This is intentional to prevent malicious deletion of a group forum. If a group owner deletes a group, the forum remains in the node tree for an admin to decide if the forum and it's posts should be deleted.

Also got this error:
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'END WHERE node_id IN ()' at line 3
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Snog/SocialGroups/Model/Groups.php at line 333
Snog_SocialGroups_Model_Groups->nodeSort() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 910
Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionSaveGroup() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347

It looks like you haven't selected a category for the group forums in the add-on options.

I
It looks like you haven't selected a category for the group forums in the add-on options.
Also got this error:
Code:

I'm getting the same error, and i have selected a number of categories from the list in the options.
Also could a setting be added to control the image size of category and group images?

Ok, I think I'm going to have to do a fresh install of this add-on into a fresh XF install to see if I can duplicate this.

I'll try to have an answer by tomorrow.

I've done a fresh install in a fresh XF install and can't duplicate the problem.

Could someone post screenshots of your settings for the add-on? This way I can use those exact settings.

And also, post a screenshot of the screen where you create a new group with everything filled in as it is when you get the error?

Other information that would be helpful, your XF version, PHP version and MySQL version.

Alright I think I found the problem.

It looks like you might have 'Create Group Forum' checked in the add-on options BUT the user creating the group does not have permission to create a group forum.

Go to ADMIN->USERS->USERGROUP PERMISSIONS. Select your user group and set the option 'Can Create Group Forum'.

permissions.webp

Does this tie in Xenforo's alert system?
So for example, a member gets a notification of any activity from the group/s they are a member of.

Just purchased.. This is a sweet plugin.. just what was needed.. Cant wait to see how users adopt groups..

Hi folks, tried searching for something on this but came up empty.

There's a dropdown box in the Create Group screen but there's nothing there. When I go to the control panel for the addon it lets me deselect the feature but then it's still there when I try to create a group again.

I'm not against creating categories for our groups but I can't figure out how to do it. Can they only be selected from the sub-forum titles or can they be manually entered like prefixes or other stuff?

Additionally, just found the social groups options in usergroup permissions, which are typically allowed for registered users if you want to keep a few in reserve for a premium membership option?

Thanks very much!
Bart

Hi folks, tried searching for something on this but came up empty.

There's a dropdown box in the Create Group screen but there's nothing there. When I go to the control panel for the addon it lets me deselect the feature but then it's still there when I try to create a group again.

I'm not against creating categories for our groups but I can't figure out how to do it. Can they only be selected from the sub-forum titles or can they be manually entered like prefixes or other stuff?

You need to create one or more forum categories to hold your groups.

From the README.txt file..
Code:
If you intend to allow users to create a forum for their groups, you should
create categories in the XenForo node list to hold the forums.

At the very least you should create one main category to hold other group
categories. IE:

Social Groups (main category)
    - Math (sub-category)
    - Science (sub-category)
    - History (sub-category)

This is done in Admin->Applications->Create New Category

Once they are created, you select them in Admin->Home->Options->Social Groups for XenForo->Categories for Group Forums

Additionally, just found the social groups options in usergroup permissions, which are typically allowed for registered users if you want to keep a few in reserve for a premium membership option?

Thanks very much!
Bart

It's up to you how you want to set up your user groups. If you want members to be able to create groups, you give them permissions to do it there.

Snog, I created a category and two sub-categories but only the category can be selected in the admin screen and only the category shows in the drop down box of the create-group screen. is that correct? i tried using the category to create a group and got a string of error messages.
i assume i'm missing something?
thanks,
bart

Snog, I created a category and two sub-categories but only the category can be selected in the admin screen and only the category shows in the drop down box of the create-group screen. is that correct? i tried using the category to create a group and got a string of error messages.
i assume i'm missing something?
thanks,
bart
If you created a category and two sub-categories, only select the sub-categories in the add-on's options.

When you create a group, you will then have to select one of those two categories for the new group.

No errors should happen when you do that. If there are errors I would have to see them to find out what the problem is.

ok, i know what i did. i made the Category and then made Forums under it instead of Sub-Categories.
Let me fix that and try again. Thanks for the quick replies!

Top Bottom