Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Pardon if this has been requested.. Not even so much a request as a suggestion.. But possibly you might consider spicing up the group pages by adding cover photo capabilities definable by the group owner....

Pardon if this has been requested.. Not even so much a request as a suggestion.. But possibly you might consider spicing up the group pages by adding cover photo capabilities definable by the group owner....
I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Could you give an example?

Finally updated this one and glad to see the issue with deleted members remaining in the group member list is fixed. But is there a way to clean out people who were deleted before that issue was fixed?

Finally updated this one and glad to see the issue with deleted members remaining in the group member list is fixed. But is there a way to clean out people who were deleted before that issue was fixed?
The fix for deleted members was actually found by someone else that deleted some members from XenForo itself before deleting them from the groups and because I was able to access his database directly I cleaned them out manually. I didn't think it would be a widespread problem because nobody else reported it.

I'll need to write a utility to compare the group member table to the XF user table in order to delete any non-existent group members.

Last edited:
Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.1.2

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - Error trap for missing PC Sender name
  • Add - Routine to delete group members that were deleted in XenForo itself
  • Improved group creation performance
NOTE: If you have group members where you deleted them in XenForo itself and they are still appearing in your group member list, just click remove for one of those...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @Snog
I'm interested in buying this addon but I have two questions about that. My forum is a hockey based forum and some people create leagues. In my example, league are groups.

For my 1st question, inside a league, there can be some forums like Trade section, League Talk, etc. I wonder if I can have forums inside a group and not only threads?
For my second question, I would like to know if the group leader can add/remove forums inside his group and/or members when he isnt an admin on my website? I wonder this, because I could easily create a private category, give the link to a member, but by doing so, he will need to pass by me everytime to create forums and adding people, this is why your addon look interesting.

Thank you sir.

Question 1.. Yes

Question 2.. Yes. But you don't need to create a private category for that. Group owners have full control of the forums. The only difference is when a forum is deleted by a group owner, it is hidden. An administrator must remove the forum in the Admin area for it to be completely deleted. This is to prevent loss of important information in the event there is some malicious intent involved.

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.1.3

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - User group limit for number of joined groups
NOTE: After installing this update, be sure to set 'Maximum Joined Groups' for the registered user group permissions on your site or your members will not be able to join a group.

Read the rest of this update entry...

License Number? Where do i find this?
It was in the original email sent to you when your purchased the add-on and it said to keep the number on file for updates.

If you don't have it, you need to send me a PC on my site with the PayPal email address used to purchase the add-on.

Top Bottom