Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

BTW, I think I see where the "create a group forum" option is, and its checked by default anyway. *refer to screenshot*

And like I said, when I go check my nodes structures in the admin panel, I see all the test forum ive made and they are all forums, so I think the addon do is job to create them, but I just can't see the forum inside the group at all.

Attachments

• ss5.webp
    ss5.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 5
There is one other possibility and that is that you don't have the option set to take you to the group forum when a group is selected.

Check to be sure that BOTH 'Show Navigation Tab' and 'Use Both Navtab and Node List' are checked in the Admin->Home->Options->Social Groups for XenForo
Gotcha!
'Use Both Navtab and Node List' was the problem.

Thank you kind sir for your time.

Hi @Snog! If you're still taking feature suggestions, I'd like to suggest a "my groups" hub be added.

It would be helpful to have all of the groups that a member is a part of listed in one place. Maybe with the option to use either a banner-style hub, or where it lists all their group forums (so that people can see when there's something new in their own list of groups).

There's no quick way to do it. When viewing a 'Group Forum' you're actually in XenForo itself so it's controlling the navigation tabs and breadcrumbs. To change that behavior I would have to extend the navigation system and rewrite the breadcrumbs, etc. to stay in the Group menu system.
Hi Snog, I have found a way. I already have the addon "Nodes As Tabs" installed and found that if I enter "socialgroups" as the Tab ID for the top category of the Groups Forums, the Groups tab remains selected...just in case this helps anyone else

Hi @Snog! If you're still taking feature suggestions, I'd like to suggest a "my groups" hub be added.

It would be helpful to have all of the groups that a member is a part of listed in one place. Maybe with the option to use either a banner-style hub, or where it lists all their group forums (so that people can see when there's something new in their own list of groups).
I'll put it on the wish list. It will not be in the next release as that is already being tested and prepped for release.

Hi Snog, I have found a way. I already have the addon "Nodes As Tabs" installed and found that if I enter "socialgroups" as the Tab ID for the top category of the Groups Forums, the Groups tab remains selected...just in case this helps anyone else
Does that do anything with the breadcrumb?

I was wondering, it is possible to know the stats for each group? Like in the sidebar, to enable a mode that point out which group is the most active. That would be a great addition to this plugin. If you know another addon that can do this, if you can point it me out it would be great!

Thanks

I was wondering, it is possible to know the stats for each group? Like in the sidebar, to enable a mode that point out which group is the most active. That would be a great addition to this plugin. If you know another addon that can do this, if you can point it me out it would be great!

Thanks
No, that's not possible at this time.

There may be another add-on that monitors forum threads for activity. But you would have to be very careful using something like that because it may bypass the permissions for the group and monitor hidden/private groups too.

When I create a group I get this error. Even though the group does get created.

mkdir(): Permission denied
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 902
  3. Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionSaveGroup() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.co.uk/httpdocs/forum/index.php at line 13

When I create a group I get this error. Even though the group does get created.

mkdir(): Permission denied
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 902
  3. Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionSaveGroup() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.co.uk/httpdocs/forum/index.php at line 13
You did not set the data folders as writable..

From the README.txt file...

1) Upload all of the files contained in the 'upload' folder to your forum directory.
Change the permissions for these folders to world writeable (777)..

data/snogsocialgroups
data/snogsocialgroups/CategoryIcons
data/snogsocialgroups/GroupAvatars
data/snogsocialgroups/GroupBanners
data/snogsocialgroups/Photos

Sorry Snog, you're right, I had not set the permissions. :oops: However, My group banners are not showing up, they are uploading to the directory but don't show up on the page.

Sorry Snog, you're right, I had not set the permissions. :oops: However, My group banners are not showing up, they are uploading to the directory but don't show up on the page.
Are the groups themselves showing in the group list?

If you can, send me a user name and password to your site by PC so I can take a look at what's happening. Admin access would help too.

Moderators

My forum does not use moderators. Can we remove moderator permissions from group owners?
Not allowing group owners to moderate their groups leaves you open for illegal activity on your site.

Group owners inherently become the administrator of the group which grants them moderation permissions to control the group and enforce whatever rules the group owner decides to put in place. They are also allowed to assign moderators for their group for the same purpose.

If you want to change this, you would need to edit library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php and library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Forum.php. Change the $_nodeAdminPermissions values to either 'reset' or 'unset' as needed for your situation.

You would also need to edit the snog_socialgroups_owner_tools template and remove the Add/Delete Moderators link.

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.1.4

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - User group limit for number of groups created
  • Add - Option to include number of groups created in number of groups joined
  • Add - Group membership list to member profile page/information tab
  • Add - Restrict group creation in a category by user group
  • Fix - Upload category banners/icons window not showing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks. I'll give those edits a go. I run a busy forum and the last thing I need is a load of moderators doing their own thing, moving deleting, evicting etc a recipe for disaster. Cheers

Are the group discussions based on the xF conversations? If so, I want to add a 'like' feature to these social group discussions. If I add this mod will the 'likes appear in the social group discussions? Thanks

Are the group discussions based on the xF conversations? If so, I want to add a 'like' feature to these social group discussions. If I add this mod will the 'likes appear in the social group discussions? Thanks
No they are not. They are similar to, but not based on and do not use the built in XF conversation system.

No they are not. They are similar to, but not based on and do not use the built in XF conversation system.

Thanks Snog, do you have plans to add likes to the group discussions? My members are loving the Social groups, but the lack of likes has been mentioned a dozen times today. I thought that addon might help but as your groups dont use the conversation feature it won't.

Top Bottom