BookieByte - Place wagers on real world events

BookieByte - Place wagers on real world events 1000170

No permission to download

asprin

asprin submitted a new resource:

BookieByte - Place wagers on real world events - Allow your visitors and members to place bets and win virtual points/cash/credits

Engage your site users by creating virtual events for any real world event (sports, politics, movies etc) and allow your users to place bets on them and win virtual cash/points.

The addon allows you to use your own credit system (if you're already using one) or use Bookie Byte's own credit system to award winners.

Upon installation:
  • 6 new tables will be added to the schema
  • 3 new columns on the xf_user table
  • Use the permission group to decide who can create new events
  • A...

Read more about this resource...

I am using this system "[DBTech] DragonByte Credits"

So what will I fill in this space?

NOTE: If choosing "Other", the column MUST be part of the xf_user table.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-13 194148.webp
    Screenshot 2023-08-13 194148.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 27
I am using this system "[DBTech] DragonByte Credits"

So what will I fill in this space?
Sorry, I don't know which column that addon uses. Perhaps someone who has that installed can shed light on it.

Or if possible, if you have acess to database, try to look for a column in the xf_user table that has a name like cash, credit or money something along that lines.

Sorry, I don't know which column that addon uses. Perhaps someone who has that installed can shed light on it.

Or if possible, if you have acess to database, try to look for a column in the xf_user table that has a name like cash, credit or money something along that lines.

What additional information do you need to be able to assist?

Screenshot 2023-08-13 215344.webp

What additional information do you need to be able to assist?

View attachment 289877
It's a paid addon. So unfortunately I can't install and check it myself. But looking at the screenshots of that addon, what do you have listed under the following section?
1691987666094.webp

It looks like something that may be of interest.

Another way of finding out would be to check your balance on your site, then head over to the database and filter the xf_user table with your user_id and try to see which column is reflecting that value.

I'm having 2 issues with the plugin.

1. I can't translate user notifications into Turkish (I couldn't find it in the language template)
2. No description field for bets. I need the description field to further explain the bet. It would be great if a description field could be added for each bet. The title alone is not enough.

I'm having 2 issues with the plugin.

1. I can't translate user notifications into Turkish (I couldn't find it in the language template)
2. No description field for bets. I need the description field to further explain the bet. It would be great if a description field could be added for each bet. The title alone is not enough.
1. These are the alert templates used by the BookieByte addon
1692663548457.webp

2. Will add the description field in the next update.

I have recently installed this on my forum - it's still a WIP site but have run it, settled a couple things and everything is going well so far.
Considering everything you have done extremely well.

My only feedback - and it could just be me working on the site; I cannot add a FA Icon to the Bet link on the Navigation bar but I am looking into it.

@hello2029 - I don't know if you are still interested in testing it but to get it to work with @DragonByte Tech's Credit system you would enter:
dbtech_credits_credits
In that field.

Looks like you tried to copy @Bob

You did it poorly.
Is it at all possible... and hear me out just for one second. That possibly not everyone wants ALL the options that Bobs offers? Some just want a basic system.

Bob did not invent the betting addon either - it was over on vb that I'm pretty sure bob did one of the ports off before moving to xF and taking it to a whole new level. Just some sites don't want all the features and so this is a quick, simple, basic alternative?

My only feedback - and it could just be me working on the site; I cannot add a FA Icon to the Bet link on the Navigation bar but I am looking into it.
For anyone else looking in the future - I use the Pixel Exit theme Edge. There is documentation on the PE website about how to add a FA Icon to the navigation bar.

This 'feedback' I gave is a moot point as I have now solved it.

Is it at all possible... and hear me out just for one second. That possibly not everyone wants ALL the options that Bobs offers? Some just want a basic system.

Bob did not invent the betting addon either - it was over on vb that I'm pretty sure bob did one of the ports off before moving to xF and taking it to a whole new level. Just some sites don't want all the features and so this is a quick, simple, basic alternative?
Do you look back at vB and shake your head?

I found his app on vB. Best customer support I've had on apps sans Brogan

Everyone looks back and shake their head. Most of us jumped to xF early.
All I meant was that Bob does not have an exclusive I came up with this idea so I am the only one ever to be able to do it.

Even I did one of the early ports for vbookie to be on vb4.
This is a great plugin with plenty of potential for those who would like an alternative, or don’t need as much functionality.

Suggestion:
1. Bet winners: It is very difficult to view the bet winners. Who won the bet can be automatically announced in the topic.
2. Correct option: It will be useful to mark the correct answer after the bet is over.
3. Bet description area: I cannot add a link to the bet description field. We can improve this area.
4. Deleting a bet: I cannot delete some closed bets

Last edited:
Top Bottom