s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.0

No permission to download
Hey @JoshyPHP for some reason Facebook GROUP posts aren't embedding properly any more. Facebook PAGE posts are fine still.

I have checked the privacy settings of my group and they are ok.

For example, when I try to post this FB post that contains a picture:

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cardiffcityforum/posts/891173545141933/?__cft__[0]=AZWFAo96tJ5BneG50SZP1k4JYmsULxvqSMVrtGYWLG53H_g__keL_pcfc1gVZZ_jLe8I_4Tk8vh7HmAt8uVMKt2QkjBW6OvU1b2aV4AGOZtPHHpkqIS3dLJOkRRVRMp2qE98cVl3fXE9YinLppvKBpPLgKdVCXKvRqdCvq_UN0FkRRsnJJILS4XNLOZ8Y7GbtireXuYwOJOeyunoCn_iMKRK&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

This is how it looks in preview:

screenshot-682.jpg

Groups in Facebook, if I am not mistaken, are now private by default, following a recent change by Facebook. To read and quote them, you need to be a member of that group. Thus, they cannot be embedded.

Hi ,

If i disabled “Do not auto-embed links from this site” for amazon, it will “include” refferal id ?

The problem i have if actívate it is this :

606D0F8A-D22A-4CFF-84A6-15C4C1DA7CFE.jpeg

Or only show the favicon .

Thanks .

amazon embed code is blocked by ad blocking services. best is to enable leaving the source url option provided by xenforo. here in india, amazon embed code does not even work for majority of amazon category pages. you end up with a generic box pointing to homepage. for best result, it's best to let xenforo handle amazon urls. they just do not work well.

If i disabled “Do not auto-embed links from this site” for amazon, it will “include” refferal id ?

It means it will not do anything if someone posts a link "as-is". It's like the add-on isn't even installed, so no affiliate tag or anything. It still allows embedding via the "Add Media" button in the editor.

As Chromaniac mentioned, most adblockers will prevent the Amazon product from being displayed. Some adblockers even remove links.

It means it will not do anything if someone posts a link "as-is". It's like the add-on isn't even installed, so no affiliate tag or anything. It still allows embedding via the "Add Media" button in the editor.

As Chromaniac mentioned, most adblockers will prevent the Amazon product from being displayed. Some adblockers even remove links.
So , the solution of this are disabled the amazon media auto embed ? Thanks

yeah. the thing is that even if it works at your end, there is no guarantee that it would work for your visitors. amazon embeds are essentially treated as ads by ad blocking services. so a basic link maybe unfurled is the safest option!

So, the best we can hope for is just posting a link? I would rather it embeds an image of the ad like it does with Twitter and Instagram.

If you post the canonical link to this TikTok, it will be replaced with TikTok's embedded player. If you don't want TikTok links to be automatically replaced with their embedded player, you can go to your XenForo's admin panel, type tiktok in the search box in the top right to edit the TikTok media site, then check the Do not auto-embed links from this site option and it will be treated like any other link. If you have enabled XenForo's link unfurling, it may be replaced with some sort of info box if that's what you prefer.

Top Bottom