s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.0

No permission to download

JoshyPHP

JoshyPHP submitted a new resource:

s9e Media Sites - Comprehensive collection of responsive media sites

This is a live development version unsuitable for production. Do not install this add-on on a live site. This beta version should only be used on a test server to evaluate its fitness for purpose or to prepare to upgrade from XenForo 1.5 to XenForo 2.0.

This add-on is the XenForo 2.0 update to the s9e Media BBCodes pack. It is based on the same media site definitions and supports the same set of sites...

Read more about this resource...

Used this heavily in XF1, and glad to see you updating it for XF2.

Can you briefly explain how/why this is needed with XF2's oEmbed feature?

oAGPUUe.png

sort of confused 🤡

@JoshyPHP Any chance you could set legacy_addon_id to s9e so the old XF1 version of the addon will be cleaned up when installing this version? It is reasonably simple to grab the existing options and then restore them to the XF2 options in a stepped upgrade.

sort of confused 🤡

Me too, and I can't find where the files are so I removed the update and reuploaded it. The only difference between the archives are the missing LICENSE file.

@JoshyPHP Any chance you could set legacy_addon_id to s9e so the old XF1 version of the addon will be cleaned up when installing this version? It is reasonably simple to grab the existing options and then restore them to the XF2 options in a stepped upgrade.

I'd need to read about it. I'll add the legacy_addon_id if it helps uninstalling the previous add-on but the only options in this version are the Amazon associate tags so I don't know whether it's worth adding an upgrade step for it.

I'd need to read about it. I'll add the legacy_addon_id if it helps uninstalling the previous add-on but the only options in this version are the Amazon associate tags so I don't know whether it's worth adding an upgrade step for it.
It does, setting it automatically causes the legacy add-on to be rewritten as the new XF2 add-on. Rather than manually uninstalling the legacy add-on.

The options I want to keep are the various opt-outs, without needing to record them before the upgrade vs after.

The options I want to keep are the various opt-outs, without needing to record them before the upgrade vs after.

The way media sites are toggled in XF2 is completely different. I'm not sure it's possible to do that. If it is, it would have to be completely redone.

just curious. are reddit embeds working? reddit comments seem to embed just fine. happening randomly so probably a temporary issue.

I think an update I published earlier today caused Reddit to work unreliably. Something related to trailing slashes in URLs. If that's the issue, it will work reliably now. (maybe clear your browser's cache if you want to be sure)

I like this addon , Please can you make it visible in editor, its behind three dots and many users do not see it. Can you make the icon visible ?

Top Bottom