s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
@Slind I don't think GitHub offers a ready-made way to embed those, do they? I think that's something that needs to be developed using their API.

Only for someone who wants to spend a couple of days doing it. That's not something that I would support as part of this extension.

@Slind Not for this add-on I'm afraid. The only way I'd support embedding issues is if GitHub themselves provided a way to embed them.

Looking at the embed.ly code, I believe you should be able to create a media site for your own forums if you really need to embed issues. If that's more convenient for you, I would consider making a custom add-on for it if you want to pay for its development. You can send me a pm if you want.

@Gene I looked into the too-wide-Instagram thing but I have nothing to report. I haven't had time to look into the issue with whitespace at the bottom.

Until this is resolved I recommend that you edit your EXTRA.css template and limit the Instagram embed's width with a media query such as this one:
Code:
@media (max-width: 450px)
{
    [data-s9e-mediaembed="instagram"]
    {
        max-width: 400px !important;
    }
}

@tommydamic68 No, it's just that Veoh only works with Flash installed. I assume that this browser doesn't have Flash installed, or an incompatible version.

For what it's worth, it works for me with Flash 24.0.0.194.

@JoshyPHP For 20170104; got a php 7.1 compatibility issue:

ErrorException: A non-numeric value encountered - library/s9e/MediaBBCodes.php:1413
bbcode which appears to have triggered it:
Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]id=6GMOTrIjVao;m=1;s=[/MEDIA]

Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]id=6GMOTrIjVao;m=1;s=[/MEDIA]

Do you still have the original URL that produced that BBCode? I'm interested to find why the s= value is empty. If you want a quick fix, you can replace it with "s=0" I think.

Do you still have the original URL that produced that BBCode? I'm interested to find why the s= value is empty. If you want a quick fix, you can replace it with "s=0" I think.
It was part of a quoted section of the post, so I don't have the original content for that.

Embeds use protocol-relative URLs where available. Some content providers don't support HTTPS and are limited to HTTP.

@Gene I looked into the too-wide-Instagram thing but I have nothing to report. I haven't had time to look into the issue with whitespace at the bottom.

Until this is resolved I recommend that you edit your EXTRA.css template and limit the Instagram embed's width with a media query such as this one:
Code:
@media (max-width: 450px)
{
    [data-s9e-mediaembed="instagram"]
    {
        max-width: 400px !important;
    }
}
Sadly - and confusingly - this does not fix the issue on iOS. :(

Ah! I figured it out! I had one user whose IG posts were constantly causing this problem. Spent all morning looking super closely at the differences between his posts and others, and found that he likes to use lots of hashtags, and separates them with commas instead of spaces. That was it! Long strings of text seem to be the culprit. I took an old IG post and embedded it - no issue. Then, I added a ridiculously long string of hashtags - separated by commas, not spaces - and voila, it broke the container.

Still haven't figured out how to force the iframe down to size, though. Changing EmbedCaption to display:flex fixes it, but unfortunately that div is all the way inside the IG-hosted iframe.

Last edited:
@Gene Oh that's quite interesting. Maybe if you send an email to the Instagram dev they'll want to limit the width of their EmbedCaption to avoid it?

Top Bottom