s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
Ok, I'm going to look into it. Do your users actually share those 3 kinds of links though? I'm interested in real-world usage because I can only find a single link shared on Reddit and I don't understand how Pinterest gets such a high Alexa rank and have no presence on Reddit.

Pinterest is a self serving enclosed community.

People spend hours pinning stuff for weddings, birthdays , houses, etc.

If you find someone who pins they rarely leave Pinterest.

The point of having it, is if you get 2 or 3 pinners on a forum it will just go nuts.

You can probably chop the profile link. Boards and pins is where it's at.

Hi @JoshyPHP - we are having issues with some media embeds (Instagram in particular) not resizing for mobile. Some Instagram posts work fine, while others do not. Please see this thread for some examples.

Running the latest version of XF and the latest version of the add-on. We just switched to all-SSL/HTTPS about a week ago and turned on the image proxy, but I'm not certain whether this issue was occurring before we made that switch. Doesn't seem to me like it should be related, but who knows?

I am able to get the issue to manifest in Safari and Chrome on iOS, but it does not happen when resizing desktop browsers down to small widths.

Thanks as always for a great add-on! I think I'm overdue for another donation to the project. :)

Last edited:
We just switched to all-SSL/HTTPS about a week ago and turned on the image proxy, but I'm not certain whether this issue was occurring before we made that switch. Doesn't seem to me like it should be related, but who knows?

Yeah, it shouldn't make a difference. The embed is set to 100% of the container's width, which means it shouldn't be able to break out of it. Do you use the default stylesheet that comes with XenForo?

I am able to get the issue to manifest in Safari and Chrome on iOS, but it does not happen when resizing desktop browsers down to small widths.

What iOS version is that? I'll see if I can get a hold of a virtual machine that matches it.

Do you use the default stylesheet that comes with XenForo?
Yes.
What iOS version is that? I'll see if I can get a hold of a virtual machine that matches it.
Latest (10.2). I tested it on a few different virtual devices with the iOS simulator in Xcode this morning and the issue manifested every time.

Here's the iframe for a broken one, then a working one. For whatever reason, it decided to set the height differently for these two embeds. 657px for the broken one, 435px for the working one. That appears to be the issue.

HTML:
Square, broken:<br>
<iframe data-s9e-mediaembed="instagram" allowfullscreen="" onload="var a=Math.random();window.addEventListener('message',function(b){if(b.data.id==a)style.height=b.data.height+'px'});contentWindow.postMessage('s9e:'+a,'https://s9e.github.io')" scrolling="no" src="https://s9e.github.io/iframe/instagram.min.html#BPMR2cRjvt-" style="border: 0px; height: 657px; max-width: 640px; width: 100%;"></iframe>
HTML:
Square, not broken:<br>
<iframe data-s9e-mediaembed="instagram" allowfullscreen="" onload="var a=Math.random();window.addEventListener('message',function(b){if(b.data.id==a)style.height=b.data.height+'px'});contentWindow.postMessage('s9e:'+a,'https://s9e.github.io')" scrolling="no" src="https://s9e.github.io/iframe/instagram.min.html#BOD80qLDduM" style="border: 0px; height: 435px; max-width: 640px; width: 100%;"></iframe>

@Gene So as it turns out, using Safari's web inspector on a remote VM is extremely inefficient... Doubly so for people like me who never use Macs. I'm trying to find out the actual dimensions for the iframe hosted on s9e.github.io, to figure out why it's breaking out of its container.

Either way, while on desktop it doesn't break out of the container, it leaves a lot of whitespace below the picture. I'm going to look into it asap and there's a decent chance that removing this whitespace will also fix the width issue.

I don't think there's a way to do that in CSS. I can limit the height of an embed using max-height but it will not adjust its width.

Top Bottom