s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
@Ernest L. Defoe That's because this URL points to an article, and those can't be embedded. On my test board, the "Add Media" button rejects the URL altogether. What you need to do is click on the video player, click the "Share" button at the bottom and click "Copy link" in the middle. It will give you this URL: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18442036, which you can use to embed the video in your forums.

@Ernest L. Defoe That's because this URL points to an article, and those can't be embedded. On my test board, the "Add Media" button rejects the URL altogether. What you need to do is click on the video player, click the "Share" button at the bottom and click "Copy link" in the middle. It will give you this URL: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18442036, which you can use to embed the video in your forums.

That's what I did I was linking you to the article with the video. It pulls in a "thumbnail" when I add it to my site but no video at all. I clicked the share button on the video and clicked copy link.

Make sure you have the latest version of the extension installed then try again by posting only the video link. If it doesn't work, edit the post to copy its content and post it verbatim in a code block here. (look for "Insert..." in the editor)

@JoshyPHP I'm suddenly getting a "Whoops! There was a problem playing this video." With embedded Google Drive videos. If you open the video in full screen, it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

Make sure you have the latest version of the extension installed then try again by posting only the video link. If it doesn't work, edit the post to copy its content and post it verbatim in a code block here. (look for "Insert..." in the editor)

I am on the newest version atleast last time I checked and I clicked the insert button and copied the URL that was given to me by the media player under copy link on ESPN. If I look at the BBCode it still makes reference to espn.go.com in the one area with a bunch of other symbols and stuff.

@JoshyPHP I'm suddenly getting a "Whoops! There was a problem playing this video." With embedded Google Drive videos. If you open the video in full screen, it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

I'd need the original URL you copy/pasted in the editor.

I am on the newest version atleast last time I checked and I clicked the insert button and copied the URL that was given to me by the media player under copy link on ESPN. If I look at the BBCode it still makes reference to espn.go.com in the one area with a bunch of other symbols and stuff.

Ok, can you please copy the content of the post and copy it verbatim here in a code block?

Code:
[MEDIA=espn]18442036[/MEDIA]

What happens when you score four touchdowns in two national championship games against Alabama?

Naturally, you get a day all to yourself.

The town of Surfside Beach, South Carolina, declared Tuesday Hunter Renfrow Day, honoring the Clemson receiver for being a "scholastic leader and extraordinary athlete." Renfrow attended Socastee High in neighboring Myrtle Beach, and walked on at Clemson in 2014, turning down a scholarship offer to Appalachian State. With four- and five-star receivers around him, Renfrow emerged to become a go-to receiver for quarterback Deshaun Watson and eventually earned a scholarship.

The trust between Renfrow and Watson was evident in both games against Alabama. In this season's national title game, Renfrow had 10 receptions -- including the game-winning 2-yard touchdown catch with 1 second remaining to beat the Crimson Tide 35-31. In two games against Alabama, Renfrow has 17 catches for 180 yards and four touchdowns.

That's not it for Renfrow, though. He's still got two seasons left with the Tigers and will be a vital part of the receiver group with Mike Williams and Artavis Scott gone to the NFL.

I want you to make a new post, copy/paste only the video link, see whether it works then edit it and post the verbatim version of the post here in a code block.

It works for me. My best guess is that you have an adblocker, a privacy blocker extension thing, some sort of third-party software that promises to improve your browsing experience but really messes up with your browser. Try disabling all of your extensions or try a new browser profile to find out which extensions prevent that video from working.

Actually it might just be that ESPN doesn't work over HTTPS. It works fine on my test board but the video on your site doesn't work.

I've just checked it out and indeed, ESPN doesn't support HTTPS. They won't work on an HTTPS site. I guess you could send them an email telling them that it sucks for you but in my experience those websites don't really care about that.

Sorry, there's nothing either of us can do I'm afraid.

Well ain't that something. You'd think a site like ESPN and the company could spring for a SSL certificate. Oh well thanks for looking into this.

Actually they have a certificate but they use a bunch of stylesheets/scripts that are hardcoded to use HTTP, which don't get loaded/executed on HTTPS and that's why you get basically no content.

I'd need the original URL you copy/pasted in the editor.
Sure! Here it is, and I just tested it again. The thumbnail appears, but when I try to play the video it produces the error. Thanks!

Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1BcB5Xe0PscMDBEZDViTF9hUnM/view?usp=sharing

not sure if this has been discussed already... youtube mobile app now has a new sharing method which creates a new kind of link.

example:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=_OouqtitfX4

the actual video link is
Code:
https://youtu.be/qvW2nxnj9Tw

i can see that social platforms like twitter can decipher these properly and show actual video shared. not sure if it would be possible for s9e to do the same. i am guessing the actual video link is available from the meta tags.

I did not find, if this was topic here already: In Germany there is a court decision since March 2016, that embedding social media content (Facebook page- or like-plugin as well as content like videos) from social (and other foreign) websites may be panalized heavily, because the site gets personal data from the visitors without their agreement. Totally crazy, yes.

Of course I simply could trash this great plugin, but that would be really, really, really a pitty.

Would it be possible for you to implement an option (like the "two-click-solution" for Facebook Like-Buttons existing here), to be set by the admin in ACP?
When viewing a message with embedded content it would not immediatly call / send data to the foreign website, but the visitor would just see a local "blank include" (best would be with the logo of the foreign website) and has to click on it to load the embedded content (not only a hiding, it has to be a loaded afterwards). That way he would "agree" to send data to the foreign website and load the content. I am willing to fund such a function.

Top Bottom