s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
sorry for sounding stupid but i just downloaded and uploaded and it states
Error
The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

I have uploaded the files about 90 times and I am slowly losing my mind :D
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@JoshyPHP

Feedback
Re: Lazyload

I'm getting occasional instances of not loading. It appears to be specific to iPhone 7 iOS10 Safari. It appears to be only video (youtube, vimeo)

It also seems to be only media that should load above the fold on page load at a very specific pixel depth - but I can't pinpoint it exactly.

Here are examples;

I suspect it has something to do with your lazyload calculations & scroll - something does not trigger.

@SonicRC I've taken a cursory look and translating the original URL to the embed URL may be too complicated and be better served by their script thing. I'll take another look at it after New Year to confirm.

EDIT2: Seems this is a XenForo bug: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/facebook-video-browser-crash-bug.125004/

Hi @JoshyPHP,

I was just browsing my forum and noticed Firefox 50.1.0 kept crashing.

After spending 10 minutes messing with settings I noticed it was facebook videos, it came down to this plugin even with the latest version installed.

I tried Chrome/Vivaldi and both load fine. It might be the FB video in question so this is the link: EDIT: CRAP it crashes xenforo.com too LOL. is it a XenForo bug?

It's a black and white horror movie clip I think didn't watch it all but giving a heads up as I heard screaming when it loaded in the background haha.

Apparently a few other XenForo forums have disabled facebook videos not sure if it's related. I disabled all browser plugins etc so pretty sure it's a facebook side issue but it affects your plugin. When I disable it in XenForo also the browser stops crashing.

Would it be possible to try and work out this bug?

Last edited:
pinterest?

I don't suppose you're purposely trying to be rude but I've got to say it's not a very motivating way to request a feature.

@JoshyPHP ive run into a few sites using this new gifs.com, which seems to be a giphy competitor. Thoughts on adding it in?

I looked into it but I'm going to have to think about it. The size of the embed is variable so it has to be retrieved from the site, which usually makes my life a bit worse.

Would it be possible to try and work out this bug?

Normally a website should never be able to crash a browser. If that happens, that's a browser bug. The only way to get it fixed is by reporting it to Mozilla. There's a pretty good chance someone already have, though.

I don't suppose you're purposely trying to be rude but I've got to say it's not a very motivating way to request a feature.

I looked into it but I'm going to have to think about it. The size of the embed is variable so it has to be retrieved from the site, which usually makes my life a bit worse.

Normally a website should never be able to crash a browser. If that happens, that's a browser bug. The only way to get it fixed is by reporting it to Mozilla. There's a pretty good chance someone already have, though.
I wasn't :( I even donated $20 a few days ago before even making this request. And I love the mod.

I'm so sorry.

Pierce

@Pierce, this might help - it's from the Overview tab for this add-on:

How to request a media site

If there is a media site that you would want to see in this pack, you can request it in this thread and it will be considered for inclusion. Selection may depend on the site's popularity, Alexa rank and activity on social sites. Please post a few links as examples of the kind of links that should be supported. You do not need to post the embed code, only links to the content you want to embed.

@Pierce That's okay, not hard feelings and thanks for the donation. Until recently, Pinterest didn't provide anything useful to embed but now it seems they provide a way to embed some things. What is it you want to embed from Pinterest and what URLs would you copy/paste in XenForo to do it?

There are 3 elements.

A pin:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/340444053067283362/

A board:

https://www.pinterest.com/felipeandresdp/men-watches/

And a user(or profile)

https://www.pinterest.com/felipeandresdp/

The embed code is for an individual topic is:

Code:
<a data-pin-do="embedPin" href="------link goes here-----"></a>

The embed code is(for a board and a user):

Code:
<a data-pin-do="embedBoard" data-pin-board-width="400" data-pin-scale-height="240" data-pin-scale-width="80" href="------link goes here-------"></a>

The required JS is:

<script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

(which specifies before </body> in the documentation)

Thank you

Top Bottom