Referral Contests by Siropu

Referral Contests by Siropu [Paid] 1.1.7

No permission to buy (€29.99)
So the referral values are the same as a trophy?
Trophy points are given to referrers as prizes if you enable this option in the contest and/or for each referred user if the option is enable in admin options. Basically, only trophy points are affected by this add-on and the changes are individual, not in batches so it can't affect the whole user table if something goes wrong.

could this be more visible, example on the sidebar ?
It has 3 display modes: Above Forum List, Sidebar Top and Embed which uses a callback that you can place in any template you want contests to show up. It also has its own page where all contests are visible.

Bought it, however, its not the easiest to understand.
Create New Invitations. What does this do and why can I not delete it after I create it?

Create New Invitations. What does this do and why can I not delete it after I create it?
If you set the option to "Invitation only", you can create some invitations yourself if you want to give them away.

Can you made the Contest Description responsive? Images inside this are are not responsive.
Add this in EXTRA.css:
Code:
.referralContestsDescription img {
    display: block;
    max-width: 100%;
}
Do Trophy's need to be enabled?
It's up to you if you want to give trophy points as prizes or per referral. Add-on doesn't require trophy points to work.

Try this instead:
Code:
.referralContestsDescription img {
    display: block;
width: 100%;
    max-width: 100%;
}

PS, I am embedding a banner from the the Ad Manager in there.
It doesn't work because of the iframe. If you want to display ads above/below contests description using Ads Manager, I can show you how to do that without using an iframe.

I have most of this understood now but could you please clarify how the referral part works again.

Once I have created a contest, given permissions to the user group, that group can now (personalize their referral link) copy the url it creates for them to post it on examples: (blog, website etc), correct?

When a person clicks onto that link, what happens next?
Are they taken to my website, prompted to register, hopefully posts something after registration and "only until they meet the (Referral Minimum Posts) is marked as a referral for that member?

am I correct?

Last edited:
Also: If the referral post is bad and I delete it or them, does the deletion remove the contest members referral value count as well?

If you could write out the steps for members to understand how this works (for them), this would be extremely beneficial (win win) for us all.

How Referrals Work ?
( explanation help link included in the description)

NOTE, I read your Overview a few times but it's still confusing to me. Especially when I am an Admin new to understanding enough of the process to explain it in a way the most clueless member can understand.

Last edited:
Suggestion:
It would be ideal if the Admin could "edit" the description box like forums. Possibly if the editor was there as well.

Top Bottom