Referral Contests by Siropu

Referral Contests by Siropu [Paid] 1.1.7

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Suggestion:
It would be ideal if the sidebar description could be a summary instead of the entire description.

Suggestion:

Could each referral contest have its own URL for improved SEO ? Example: mydomain/referral-contests/taylor-guitar-contest

Once I have created a contest, given permissions to the user group, that group can now (personalize their referral link) copy the url it creates for them to post it on examples: (blog, website etc), correct?
Correct.
When a person clicks onto that link, what happens next?
Referrals will get a cookie set in their browser so when they decide to register, they will be assigned as referrals to the persons who referred them. The contest will just count referrals based on your "minimum posts" condition.

The sidebar title layout could be improved: The Contest Title is crammed together with Referral Contest:

What is the sidebar "Referral Contest" was a heading like it is on the dedicated description page?
Or the Contest is in Bold in the block instead?

Attachments

• sidebar-title.webp
    sidebar-title.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
There should be one important option:
We need links to threads or posts or whatever plus &referer=userID; then a cookie and a hidden field while registering plus counted after x posts.

Can i do this with your addon, please?

As a user, you have the option to convert any URL into a referral link.
As for "counted after x posts", it is an option when creating contests.

A members tutorial explaining what this is all about would be a great selling feature here. I feel its missing directions and better user help.

I haven't taken this live because its too confusing for me to explain to my members, what a referral is and how to look for it when they likely never even look at their profile page after they register.

A weakness of mine has always been explaining how something works (add-ons) to a new user that doesn't understand much more than a post button, especially for those just walking in off the street. A referral... whats this?

You can add in the contest the condition of switching to a group? required by referrals in order to be considered valid.

Siropu updated Referral Contests by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements

Logging the changes made to the Referral Contests's user fields, in user log, have been disabled.
Added option to display referral link in forum list sidebar.
Added option to display current page referral link in footer.
Added option to display navigation tab only if there are active contests.
Added support for [TH] Credits, as a separate add-on,

Read the rest of this update entry...

After the update yesterday:

ErrorException: Undefined index: items - library/Siropu/ReferralContests/Listener.php:119
Generiert durch: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto, Vor einem Moment
Stapelverfolgung

#0 /homepages/forum/library/Siropu/ReferralContests/Listener.php(119): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/homepages/45/d...', 119, Array)
#1 /homepages/forum/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): Siropu_ReferralContests_Listener::criteria_user('siropu_referral...', Array, Array, false)
#2 /homepages/forum/library/XenForo/Helper/Criteria.php(413): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('criteria_user', Array)
#3 /homepages/forum/library/Apantic/UserProfileProgress/Model/UserProfileProgress.php(90): XenForo_Helper_Criteria::userMatchesCriteria(Array, false, Array)
#4 /homepages/forum/library/Apantic/UserProfileProgress/CronEntry/ProgressTaskUpdater.php(38): Apantic_UserProfileProgress_Model_UserProfileProgress->updateProfileProgressForUser(Array, Array)
#5 /homepages/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): Apantic_UserProfileProgress_CronEntry_ProgressTaskUpdater::runProgressTaskUpdate(Array)
#6 /homepages/forum/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#7 /homepages/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#8 /homepages/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#9 /homepages/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#10 /homepages/forum/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#11 {main}

Benötigter Status

array(3) {
["url"] => string(47) "/forum/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/forum/admin.php?add-ons/install"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

I've noticed this error today but it's not related to the last update. It's a bug with Promotions option "User has at least x referrals". I will release a bug fix today.

We are talking about the same error i mentioned yesterday? Because i have correct it in the xml.
So there is a second place to correct anything?

It's related to the same feature but this is in the actual code in Listener.php
Replace:
Code:
$data['items']
With:
Code:
$data['referrals']

I will release a bug fix today so you don't have to make any code changes yourself. You won't get any errors.

Top Bottom