Referral Contests by Siropu

Referral Contests by Siropu [Paid] 1.1.7

No permission to buy (€29.99)
It'd be nice if we could disable the referral link in the user dropdown menu when there isn't an active contest.
I will see what I can do about that.
It seems there's no real way to disable the invite portion of the add-on. If we set invite permissions to 0 the page is still there, the box is just missing.
Will be fixed.
It's not updating the referral stats on the members page. What do I need to do to fix it?
You don't have to do anything. Are there any users that signed up using a referral link?

Another suggestion, it'd be helpful if we could use HTML or at least BBCODE in the contest description field ;)

When you click on that user, can you see if there are any refs on the user card? It looks like user count hasn't been updated for some reason. I will look to see if there anything wrong with the code.

When you click on that user, can you see if there are any refs on the user card? It looks like user count hasn't been updated for some reason. I will look to see if there anything wrong with the code.

Yep, they're listed.

2017-03-19 16_43_22.webp

@Siropu
This is a cool add-on. I was just thinking about this and saw you build it. Do you have an example of this somewhere?

How do others like it so far?

When creating a contest, you can set the minimum posts required for a referral to be considered valid. :)

that's a good start, but I don't think its as beneficial as counting all the posts referrals made. I'll take 1 new member who makes 200 posts in a month over 5 members who make 5 posts each.

My suggestion ---

# of referrals is a good contest except it doesn't account for referred GOOD (posting) members. I would rather have 1 good member who posts 3 times a day, then 20 members who never post.

So, I would suggest that part of the contest be not only how many referred members, but the total posts those referred members make during the X period of time.

Like I said, there is already an option in contests that requires referrals to have x many posts before the end of contest in order to be considered valid.

You can test the user options here: https://www.siropu.com/forums/

I went to your forum but saw nothing that showed me the referral. I didn't register though.

1. If for any reason can I uninstall this add-on restoring my forum 100% back to where it is now?
  2. If I was to start contests... Can all members or visitors see who is "winning" the most referrals?
  3. Can referrals be set for a specific contest per-say?

More questions:

1. Is there any chance this could screw up and I would have a thousand members freaking out because I lost all their numbers to a contest?
  2. Could the referral numbers be send out like message notifications as well? Example: Like a subscription to a post or thread? Is there any options to keep subscribed referrals notified of whats happening, independent from the other board functions?
Thoughts?

If for any reason can I uninstall this add-on restoring my forum 100% back to where it is now?
What do you mean? It won't delete the members that were referred. If you uninstall, and you had some contests and referrers got trophy points for wining or for referring, points will remain but I can add an option to remove points.
If I was to start contests... Can all members or visitors see who is "winning" the most referrals?
Each contest shows top 3 referrers and on members page, you can see most referrals page.
Can referrals be set for a specific contest per-say?
No. It's based on contest start date.
Is there any chance this could screw up and I would have a thousand members freaking out because I lost all their numbers to a contest?
What do you mean by "I lost all their numbers to a contest"?
Could the referral numbers be send out like message notifications as well? Example: Like a subscription to a post or thread? Is there any options to keep subscribed referrals notified of whats happening, independent from the other board functions?
Notifications (alerts) are sent to referrers when they refer new members and when they win a contest.

What do you mean? It won't delete the members that were referred. If you uninstall, and you had some contests and referrers got trophy points for wining or for referring, points will remain but I can add an option to remove points.

Got it. I'm guessing this is using the trophy system. You've simply improved upon it?
So the referral values are the same as a trophy? I was simply trying to understand where the values go if I was to remove your referral add-on, what is remaining and how that would look as user stats when there was no referral add-on.

What do you mean by "I lost all their numbers to a contest"?
Its PTSD fear I have with add-ons. :barefoot: Bugs that can create stats to go bye bye... I'm not saying this would happen with your coding but it has happened with other add-ons where stats are part of the reason to use it. When I am involving advertising dollars and members winning, there is no room for errors.
I'm just being careful.

Top Bottom