Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
S

Syndol

Syndol submitted a new resource:

Moderator Essentials (version 1.0.0) - Tools and Features that Improve Moderator Productivity.

About:
Moderator Essentials provides your moderators with valuable tools and features that help make their daily tasks much easier.
Main feature is a front end Moderator Log that allows your moderators to see what actions other moderators are taking around the forum.

This add-on is currently installed on only one live forum....

Read more about this resource...

This feature is all I need: Move posts to an existing thread. No longer will you need to move posts to a new thread first and then merge that thread with another.

Please add the ability for the moderators to ban users permenantly, not only for a limited time!

Another wish would be, that the moderatores get all new postings and all new threads sent by email. Really all. Similar function avaliable in vb 3.8x.

Maybe optional filtered by forums and/or categories, if the moderators want to split the work among them.

That is what this needs... bringing the ability for mods to ban temporarily using the ban system, instead of having to do it via points using the warning system. As you said, mods can already ban permanently using the spam system.

Syndol, can you please confirm whether this is clashing with your other add-on, user essentials, with the last edited reason message.

That feature is no longer working since installing this mod. Edits done, reason entered, and the reason isn't being shown.

It has removed the ability for user essentials with post edit logging... it seems is the issue.

Syndol, can you please confirm whether this is clashing with your other add-on, user essentials, with the last edited reason message.

That feature is no longer working since installing this mod. Edits done, reason entered, and the reason isn't being shown.

It has removed the ability for user essentials with post edit logging... it seems is the issue.
Anthony, I have no such issue. The edit log and reason show up and the compare feature works as usual.
Perhaps your settings were changed? Minimum characters or post edit history not on?

That is what this needs... bringing the ability for mods to ban temporarily using the ban system, instead of having to do it via points using the warning system. As you said, mods can already ban permanently using the spam system.
Not saying I will include this, but how do you see this working? As part of the Warning system with an extra tab for temp banning only?
The current XenForo banning system is mainly done via the ACP. I assume there is a reason for that?!

That is what this needs... bringing the ability for mods to ban temporarily using the ban system, instead of having to do it via points using the warning system.

Why would you do this? Allow a mod to bypass the warning system and give an instant and unrecognised ban? If that's the case, surely make them a Super Mod and give them access to the ACP directly?

I would like to see moderation tools for thread attachments that can help to automate creation of thumnail banners and image galleries

Syndol updated Moderator Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2

What's new:
  • When viewing the forum using Tapatalk, the deleted threads/posts placeholder permission is no longer used. The reason for this is that Tapatalk overwrites most XenForo functions and so the placeholders were actually showing the whole deleted post. As of now this feature/permission will only work when viewing the forum normally. Please note that if you are using other add-ons similar to Tapatalk, then you may want to ensure that the placeholders show up as designed while...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You fixed it for Tapatalk. Does your fix also work on Forumrunner App and the mobile style from Responsive Design? If you don't know, i will test it for you on my forum at weekend.

and the mobile style from Responsive Design?
Developers could not adjust their add-ons on a 'per style' basis. Forumrunner and Tapatalk are apps, the responsive design is not. It is a style. To remove something on a style at a given width, you do so via a media query class.

You fixed it for Tapatalk. Does your fix also work on Forumrunner App and the mobile style from Responsive Design? If you don't know, i will test it for you on my forum at weekend.
I should be able to do the same as Tapatalk and disable the placeholders feature when viewing the forum via Forumrunner.
I will however need someone to test it for me as I do not have that add-on installed (I'm not a registered user of theirs).

Top Bottom