mattwservices.co.uk - Server Configuration / Hosting / Support

From 26th March, I'll be starting a new job, still at the same company, however, I'll no longer be working shifts (moving to a 9-5:30 Monday to Friday), so overnight work will need to be carefully scheduled in with me if required.

The new job is very specific to the work I'm offering here as well, as I'm now a Linux Systems Engineer Level 3 (y)

From 26th March, I'll be starting a new job, still at the same company, however, I'll no longer be working shifts (moving to a 9-5:30 Monday to Friday), so overnight work will need to be carefully scheduled in with me if required.

The new job is very specific to the work I'm offering here as well, as I'm now a Linux Systems Engineer Level 3 (y)

Congrats Matt!

Congratulations Matt! (y)
Also thank you for all you have done for us so far, in the 3 years we've been with you. :)

If anyone is having issues getting to my site, this is a mail I sent to members and customers last week.

On the 22nd April 2018, the current SSL certificate on https://mattwservices.co.uk will expire. I've got a new certificate already configured and ready to go.
However, due to an oversite on my part, I have Public-Key-Pins enabled, which sets a 2592000 second (1 month) header in the browser. If I replace the SSL certificate while the Public-Key-Pins header is still set, you will get a security warning while attempting to access the site.

You can manually clear the header in your browser.

Chrome (Desktop and Mobile Version):
https://linux-audit.com/delete-a-hsts-key-pin-in-chrome/
Firefox:
https://linux-audit.com/deleting-outdated-hpkp-key-pins-in-firefox/

Safari and Edge, you should just need to clear the cache for the site.

Chrome is currently planning on depreciating PKP in May 2018:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!msg/blink-dev/he9tr7p3rZ8/eNMwKPmUBAAJ

https://scotthelme.co.uk/im-giving-up-on-hpkp/

However, as the header has been previously set, until this is either removed from your browser manually, or the header value expires and is removed from the browser when it attempts to fetch it again (and find's it's no longer there), there will be errors accessing the site from the 22nd April. I'll delay swapping the certificate until the very last minute.

This won't affect the billing subdomain, as the certificate doesn't expire until August 2019, and I only had a 900 seconds max-age value set on there, so you will still be able to access the billing part of the site.

Apologies in advance for this, and hopefully it won't cause any issues after the 22nd once the certificate is replaced if you have cleared the browser cache per the previosuly mentioned methods.

Regards,
Matt

Just want to chime in once again.

Just hired Matt for another year. Can't be any happier. One thing that makes his services great is his flexibility. I offered a payment method that he doesn't usually accept but he went out of his pay to be able to cater to our needs. Just phenomenal service!

Have you guys been to sites about hosting companies equipped with a responsive staff team and then you fire up their live chat hoping to get a quick response? Yeah, those sites take about 5 minutes to get an actual human to talk to you.

My work time is very very random. And this is the 3rd time that Matt has replied to me in less than 2 minutes after I press the Send button on my email. And also the 3rd time I emailed him on a much different time frame. I once emailed him at 8:30 AM in my time. Another one during 7 in the evening. And today, 4:35 AM. Not one of my emails became unanswered in more than 8-10 minutes.

I believe he's a one-man show but his customer service beats companies who spend a lot of money on hiring customer service representatives. Money well spent on this guy!

@MattW is BRILLIANT!

I've been working closely with him for about a year and a half. He's saved my ass a TON of times and taken a HUGE site conversion and saved me from multiple situations that would have otherwise been heart-attack-inducing nightmares.

Not only is he one of the smartest / most-skilled admin's out there, he's also genuinely a really great guy.

This is one of those rare situations that I'm almost reluctant to recommend him just so he doesn't get too busy... but I like him so much as a person that I can't help but tell everyone how amazing he is at what he does!

@MattW is BRILLIANT!

I've been working closely with him for about a year and a half. He's saved my ass a TON of times and taken a HUGE site conversion and saved me from multiple situations that would have otherwise been heart-attack-inducing nightmares.

Not only is he one of the smartest / most-skilled admin's out there, he's also genuinely a really great guy.

This is one of those rare situations that I'm almost reluctant to recommend him just so he doesn't get too busy... but I like him so much as a person that I can't help but tell everyone how amazing he is at what he does!

Agreed. I've used Matt for about 5 years now. He's always been there as a terrific safety net, knowledge resource and general "I got your back" kind of guy when it comes to making sure your forum and DB is working properly. I recently used him to set up a test database for a V2 upgrade and he is always a pleasure to work with.

Yee Haw! Matt has done it once again.

This guy, once again, provided customer support past midnight. Even though my issue wasn't critical, don't you love the idea that your server administrator is available at times when you expect him not to be? Imagine you're up 1 in the morning, trying to 'tweak' your forum, and suddenly all hell breaks loose. Google can't even understand the problems you're facing. Then you send this guy a hail mary email just to calm your angry members. Minutes later, the forum is functional again. The cheapest server administration/management you can find on the internet today. We're staying here indefinitely. There's just no reason for us to transfer.

What Matt has given us:
  • Peace of mind.
  • Stress-free server management.
  • Great deals!
  • 24/7/365 uptime.
  • Customer support during times you never expect him to be awake.
  • Email replies not longer than 24 hours.

There's so much more. If you're still on the fence, just acquire his services as it is already to good to be true. There's a reason why you can only read nothing but great comments in this thread.

I highly recommend MattW and his A++ services. I wouldn't normally trust anyone with my hosting credentials but MattW is highly experienced in what he does from all the positive reviews I found on his website and on the XenForo community website. I took a liking in his job advert and hired him to do some cPanel tuning and optimization on my site. I have noticed a remarkable performance increase on my site, it loads much faster now! I can't recommend him enough, thank you MattW for your excellent customer service. Any questions I had, he answered and explained what he was going to do and what he had done. He also replies very swiftly and delivered the job fast. If there is any work you need doing on your hosting; MattW is the man.

Man! To say Matt has excellent customer service is just an understatement. You may get tired of reading my posts in this thread. I'm a busy man. I only take the time to do things if they're worth it. And this guy's service blows me away. I have never felt this prioritized in my entire digital life. He is in the position to give me delayed responses, yet he never did it. To have someone like Matt on your team is just a blessing.

While I'm not a client of @MattW we recently worked together to move a long time hosting client of mine to his servers.

With a little pre-move preparation, the site was moved in a matter of about an hour and everything came up running without a hitch. Communication was flawless during the whole process. The move was completely seamless and the feedback from the members on that site is excellent.

I would highly recommend @MattW and his services. :D

Top Bottom