Gift Upgrades

Gift Upgrades [Paid] 1.6.2

No permission to buy ($20.00)
The gift isn't anonymous. The giftee gets an alert saying "<user> has gifted you an account upgrade"
I'll see if I can reproduce this shortly.
On a different note, have you see this add on before? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/goodfornothing-gift-user.3731/

Originally posted a day after yours, and appears to only get updated with new things after they were in yours
Must be doing something right for people to imitate. :)

Hey @NixFifty,

@ScarletCox recently discovered that this add-on doesn't work well with a feature of User Essentials. It's due to the fact that in your ControllerAdmin/UserUpgrade.php file you aren't calling parent::actionSave(); at all. To fix it, you should be able to either add parent::actionSave(); to the top of your function which will result in the data being saved twice, or due to how you're working things in your add-on you could just change the execution order of your code event listener to 0 which should make yours run and mine extend yours rather than it being done in random order like it is at the moment.

Hey @NixFifty,

@ScarletCox recently discovered that this add-on doesn't work well with a feature of User Essentials. It's due to the fact that in your ControllerAdmin/UserUpgrade.php file you aren't calling parent::actionSave(); at all. To fix it, you should be able to either add parent::actionSave(); to the top of your function which will result in the data being saved twice, or due to how you're working things in your add-on you could just change the execution order of your code event listener to 0 which should make yours run and mine extend yours rather than it being done in random order like it is at the moment.
I'll get that pushed out soon, thanks Daniel. :)

Does this addon have an option to set permissions so only X usergroup can gift a user upgrade. I'm asking before purchase because I need a system like so where I can assign it to a usergroup for example "authorized resellers" and only they can gift upgrades to other users.

Could you please make this addon compatible with @XCentral Multisites? Paypal needs to have all requests coming from the same domain. Otherwise PayPal will assume that there is something malicious going on and freeze the account. i.e. PayPal will take our money and cut off our income stream until its resolved. Which can take years.
In XenCentral Multisites we can set the domain for payments.

With this add-on active, my account/upgrades page content is empty and contains no upgrades.
With this add-on disabled, the account/upgrades page content is showing as expected.
Any thoughts?

With this add-on active, my account/upgrades page content is empty and contains no upgrades.
With this add-on disabled, the account/upgrades page content is showing as expected.
Any thoughts?
How many upgrades do you have? What kind of upgrades are they (i.e. recurring or not?)? Any other add-ons that focus on user upgrades?

If you want, you can shoot me a PM with an Admin CP login and I can see what's up for you. :)

How many upgrades do you have? What kind of upgrades are they (i.e. recurring or not?)? Any other add-ons that focus on user upgrades?
2 upgrades. One is non-recurring for 1 year, the other is recurring for 12 months. Both add the user to a secondary user group.

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 08.13.14.webp

If you want, you can shoot me a PM with an Admin CP login and I can see what's up for you. :)

2 upgrades. One is non-recurring for 1 year, the other is recurring for 12 months. Both add the user to a secondary user group.

View attachment 131068

@NixFifty

We just purchased this and we're having the same issue.

Let's say someone already has a year's upgrade with 6months left to run and someone gifts them another. Will the year's 'gift' subscription extend the 'original' to 18 months?

How does a user gift an upgrade, of one they've already purchased for them self? There's no option/button to gift it ....
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 01.39.15.webp

There seems to be a bug in the callback to demote a user if the payment is disputed/ unauthorized claim. I had a user who gifted an account upgrade and the person who gifted filed a claim but the user was never demoted.

How does a user gift an upgrade, of one they've already purchased for them self? There's no option/button to gift it ....
View attachment 132906
I'll check this out, they're meant to appear separately.
There seems to be a bug in the callback to demote a user if the payment is disputed/ unauthorized claim. I had a user who gifted an account upgrade and the person who gifted filed a claim but the user was never demoted.
I shall look but I don't recall having an issue with this and we've had a couple of disputes recently.

Top Bottom