Gift Upgrades

Gift Upgrades [Paid] 1.6.2

No permission to buy ($20.00)
Thanks for this fix! Question: If a user already has an active upgrade A, and his friend gifts him upgrade A, are the subscription terms stacked?

PS - I don't seem to have gotten the latest upgrade in my inbox yet. ;)
Yeah, they'll stack. And sorry about that, got a couple messages about it. I got sidetracked with baby sitting. :cry: Doing it now.

Feature suggestion: An admincp log of who purchased a gift upgrade, and for whom (and their choice of anonymous or not).

:D

NixFifty updated Gift Upgrades with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0

New Features:
  • In the Account Upgrades area, users will now be able to see who purchased the gift for them. If the paying user chose to be anonymous, their identity will not be revealed.
  • Previously gift upgrades would display like user upgrades in the ACP and you wouldn't be able to see who gifted the actual upgrade. This has been changed and you can now see who gifted the user the upgrade with an appropriate link to their profile. In addition to this, an asterisk indicates...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Since I am not getting enough time for my add-on I am closing that one. One request that was made on my thread was to allow users with certain permission can 'bypass' the payment processor and gift the user instantly...
Hope you'll add that :)

EDIT: Retook the project and quite a few members wanted mine.

Last edited:
Since I am not getting enough time for my add-on I am closing that one. One request that was made on my thread was to allow users with certain permission can 'bypass' the payment processor and gift the user instantly...
Hope you'll add that :)
Sorry to hear you're discontinuing your add-on. I will look in to getting that implemented for the next version. :)

Would also love to see the ability to gift from each post
Whilst unsure whether this is the best way or not... I absolutely concur that developers need to get these features onto post content / user message block info, so it's in front of members face. If they don't see it in their face, they forget about it, thus don't use it.

If the member is already a member of x group, nothing is shown on theirs... if not, something is shown to inspire others to maybe purchase an upgrade for them.

Bug report: With this addon enabled, I cannot view active upgrades or expired user upgrades in the admincp.

Code:
rror InfoErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot use string offset as an array - library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code:76
Generated By: me, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(55) "https://mysite.com/admin.php?user-upgrades/active"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["user-upgrades/active"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

When I disable this addon, the error goes away and I can view the active/expired upgrade lists.

Bug report: With this addon enabled, I cannot view active upgrades or expired user upgrades in the admincp.

Code:
rror InfoErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot use string offset as an array - library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code:76
Generated By: me, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(55) "https://mysite.com/admin.php?user-upgrades/active"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["user-upgrades/active"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

When I disable this addon, the error goes away and I can view the active/expired upgrade lists.
Strange, didn't encounter that in my testing. I'll take a look tonight when I get home.

Were you able to duplicate? Just curious...
Sorry, been a busy couple of weeks. I was not able to reproduce it but I think I'm pretty certain what's causing it. If possible, could you send me a ACP and FTP login so I can test my fix and carry out further debugging if need be? Thanks.

One more issue I've found: When I have bd paygates and bd stripe installed, all of the user upgrades have a gift button (even those where they're not checked to allow gifting). Once I uninstall the paygates stuff, the gift/no gift options behave.

I don't now what addon I have that is causing this to not work...but in the meantime, I discovered a bug:

When I try to change the select box for "Can be purchased multiple times" and save the subscription, it will NOT save with this addon active. Deactivate the addon, perform the change, reactive and it's fine.

Now to find time to determine which of my addons is causing this to not show at all on my Account Upgrades page...

I don't now what addon I have that is causing this to not work...but in the meantime, I discovered a bug:

When I try to change the select box for "Can be purchased multiple times" and save the subscription, it will NOT save with this addon active. Deactivate the addon, perform the change, reactive and it's fine.

Now to find time to determine which of my addons is causing this to not show at all on my Account Upgrades page...
I don't remember a checkbox like that being default in User Upgrades. Been meaning to release an update with a couple of changes and fixes but haven't really found the time. I'll aim for sometime this week, fingers crossed.

Hi NixFifty,

I was wondering if you could allow trophies to be awarded when users donate, I might be blind but not sure this has been asked. I think se7ensins has something like that unless those are manually done. If possible I'd purchase this, thanks!

Hi NixFifty,

I was wondering if you could allow trophies to be awarded when users donate, I might be blind but not sure this has been asked. I think se7ensins has something like that unless those are manually done. If possible I'd purchase this, thanks!
That are integrated into a custom addon, though I'm not sure if he added hooks in for the stock trophies system.

That are integrated into a custom addon, though I'm not sure if he added hooks in for the stock trophies system.

We have the medal and upgrade system for the medal add-on also, although from the looks of it you possibly use the usergroup one too if this is what you mean with some tweaks?

I would be very interested in getting something similar if we have to pay extra too, thanks!

Top Bottom