1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gift Upgrades 1.3.5

Allow users to gift user upgrades to each other.

1. NixFifty
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Updates Duration:
    Yearly Renewal
    Visible Branding:
    Yes, but removable with payment
    Gift Upgrades allows your members to easily and quickly purchase upgrades for other members.

• Integrates in to the default XenForo User Upgrade system allowing upgrades and downgrades to be handled by XF itself.
    • Integrates with XenForo's statistics system giving you a daily, weekly and monthly breakdown of gifts purchased.
    • Integrates with XenForo's criteria system allowing you to award trophies to users based on the amount of gifts they have given or received.
    • Administrators can track upgrades that were gifted through the Active / Expired User Upgrades area.
    • Alert users when they receive a gift.
    • These alerts can indicate who sent the gift or optionally, the gifter can choose to remain anonymous.
    • Support for [bd] Paygates. Accept payments from processors other than PayPal, such as Stripe. Paygates is an optional extra and if it isn't installed, Gift Upgrades will fall back gracefully on stock PayPal. The attached screenshots show what the user will see with and without the Paygates add-on.
    1. Extract the contents of the .zip file provided upon successful purchase.
    2. Upload the contents of the 'UPLOAD' folder to your root XenForo directory.
    3. Install the provided .xml file through the XenForo Admin Control Panel.
    4. By default, all current user upgrades will be marked as giftable. This can be edited through the User Upgrades area.
    This add-on has been in use at Se7enSins.com since the beginning of the year and replaced a previous iteration. Since this was installed, upgrade purchases have increased by three folds. If you would like to demo this add-on, you may do so there.

Big thanks to AzzidReign. :love:
    Related Resources:
    [bd] Paygates

1. rMJF5Hx.png
    2. jI9NCYj.png
    3. 7gLrBu9.png
    4. MR6TBYg.png
    5. 2014-11-02_17-51-23.png
    6. 2014-11-02_17-56-33.png
    7. 2014-11-02_18-00-10.png
    worrorfight, THLove, eva2000 and 2 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Version 1.3.5
  2. Version 1.3.4
  3. Version 1.3.3

Recent Reviews

1. Joeychgo
    Version: 1.3.5
    Works well and my members like it. Thanks you Nix! It has done a great job at increasing memberships
  2. sross
    Version: 1.3.1
    Installed on 1.5.5.x and runs great. This is exactly what I needed. Only thing I will add is a "Gift a subscription to -username-" links on the member card and profile pages. Thanks!
  3. JMPRockFm
    Version: 1.3.0
    Fanatic add-on, allowing users to gift other users I been looking for a good add-on to have on my forums, and this one is just fanatic.
  4. Zynektic
    Version: 1.3.0
    With the latest 1.3.0 release and being able to add trophies, this add-on has been a tremendous improvement to the forum when gifting user upgrades. It easily integrates into the XenForo software and works perfectly.
    1. NixFifty
      Author's Response
      Thank you!
  5. kontrabass
    Version: 1.1.1
    Excellent add-on - gifting has always been a big headache for me to do manually, ever since the early days of VB. This add-on makes it insanely easy. Love the option to be anonymous or not, and the integration with alerts.

Too soon to say what effect this has on revenue, but I'll update the review when we have data :)
  6. Anthony Parsons
    Anthony Parsons
    Version: Version 1.1.1
    The best of its kind for gifting upgrades I've used to date. Fully XF integrated, which hasn't been done here before. Extremely impressed with this add ons integration and ease of use for my members. Thank you.
    1. NixFifty
      Author's Response
      Thank you for your kind words. Glad to hear you're satisfied with my work.
  7. BamaStangGuy
    Version: Version 1.1.1
    Excellent add-on and much needed as part of the core. Works seamlessly and allows members to easily gift user upgrades to others. Well worth the price, even with branding free added.
    1. NixFifty
      Author's Response
      Thank you kindly. :)
  8. AzzidReign
    Version: 1.0.0
    When it comes to paid subscriptions, some people can't buy it themselves. If they are a helpful member in our community, we have other members who make it a point to thank that member by purchasing a membership for them. This boosts morale within the community, creating a better environment for your users. You recoup costs quickly with this one.
    1. NixFifty
      Author's Response
      Thanks Azzid! Couldn't have released this without you. ;)