Resource icon

Extra Portal 1.2.4

No permission to download
I've a question about that old post where you said you managed to find a solution to use the portable at the root of the server, in otherwords outside the XenForo directory. You seem to have post it in the FAQ just after this message but I've read the FAQ and the 13 pages and found nothing. I suppose they must have been changes with XenForo 1.2. I just would like to know if it's still possible without any problem. If no, never mind, I'll make without it but I just want to be sure before going further. Thanks.

I've a question about that old post where you said you managed to find a solution to use the portable at the root of the server, in otherwords outside the XenForo directory. You seem to have post it in the FAQ just after this message but I've read the FAQ and the 13 pages and found nothing. I suppose they must have been changes with XenForo 1.2. I just would like to know if it's still possible without any problem. If no, never mind, I'll make without it but I just want to be sure before going further. Thanks.
Unfortunately, not without problems. And until we are 100% sure that it is working without issue, we will be holding of releasing it.
Sorry for this, but it wouldn't be fair to release something broken, which would cause you probably trouble with google, because of duplicate content.

Extra Portal + widgets. I'm joying how easy this was to setup, without any conflicts, and uses virtually no resources.

Loving it.

Screenshot from 2013-10-05 12:03:54.webp

Reactions: Dan
Unfortunately, not without problems. And until we are 100% sure that it is working without issue, we will be holding of releasing it.
Sorry for this, but it wouldn't be fair to release something broken, which would cause you probably trouble with google, because of duplicate content.
No problem, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for your answer.

A small bug in the template simpleportal_create_new
Search
Code:
{$forum.description}<br />

Replace with
Code:
{xen:raw $forum.description}
xen:raw, because nodes descriptions support html
no <br />, because it causes not very pretty extra white spaces but it need to be confirmed with other users.

Here a first feedback about phrases (I haven't checked them all)

1) Missing text I think in the text (added/edited/removed)
Code:
  <phrase title="moderator_log_thread_portal_add" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="1010032" version_string="1.1.0 Beta2"><![CDATA[Thread Promoted]]></phrase>
   <phrase title="moderator_log_thread_portal_edit" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="1010032" version_string="1.1.0 Beta2"><![CDATA[Thread Promotion edited]]></phrase>
   <phrase title="moderator_log_thread_portal_remove" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="1010032" version_string="1.1.0 Beta2"><![CDATA[Thread Promoted]]></phrase>

2) Typo (rebuild)
Code:
<phrase title="option_cacherebuild" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="40" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Cacherebuold]]></phrase>

3) A question about:
Code:
if the portalpreview bbcode wasn't used in the text
What do you mean exactly, that the max caracters include also Bb Codes ?

I've finished to read & translate them (except the one I'm not sure above).

Just a minor thing, the following phrases are still using the old addon name:
Code:
  <phrase title="permission_group_simple_portal" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="1010034" version_string="1.1.0 Beta4"><![CDATA[Simple Portail]]></phrase>
  <phrase title="style_property_group_Portal_master" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="44" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Simple Portal]]></phrase>
  <phrase title="style_property_group_Portal_master_desc" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="0" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Simple Portal Settings]]></phrase>

The translation will be posted once I'm sure about one of the phrase.

Here a first feedback about phrases (I haven't checked them all)

1) Missing text I think in the text (added/edited/removed)
Code:
  <phrase title="moderator_log_thread_portal_add" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="1010032" version_string="1.1.0 Beta2"><![CDATA[Thread Promoted]]></phrase>
   <phrase title="moderator_log_thread_portal_edit" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="1010032" version_string="1.1.0 Beta2"><![CDATA[Thread Promotion edited]]></phrase>
   <phrase title="moderator_log_thread_portal_remove" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="1010032" version_string="1.1.0 Beta2"><![CDATA[Thread Promoted]]></phrase>

2) Typo (rebuild)
Code:
<phrase title="option_cacherebuild" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="40" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Cacherebuold]]></phrase>

3) A question about:
Code:
if the portalpreview bbcode wasn't used in the text
What do you mean exactly, that the max caracters include also Bb Codes ?

1) This are the moderation log phrases (btw, just noticed that moderator_log_thread_portal_remove is wrong^^)
2) thx, also fixed
3) With bbcode we mean the new bbcodes which can be used to create a teaser / preview text[portalpreview] & [portalpreview=exclusive]

1) This are the moderation log phrases (btw, just noticed that moderator_log_thread_portal_remove is wrong^^)
2) thx, also fixed
3) With bbcode we mean the new bbcodes which can be used to create a teaser / preview text[portalpreview] & [portalpreview=exclusive]
I wasn't aware of the special Bb Codes sorry.

Here's the translation.

I'm trying to make easier the integration of some functions of the BbCodes & Buttons Manager (BBM) with this portal (and actualy all addons who would be interested). The purpose is to try to get access to the item data to check who is the poster, when it has been posted, etc. I've almost finished but I'm just having a problem with a tiny part of your code:

PHP:
  if (strpos($item['messageHtml'], '<!-- end -->')){
  $item['messageHtml'] = strstr($item['messageHtml'], '<!-- end -->', true);
  }

If I get rid of this, it's working. I can't explain why but even if the strpos returns false (I will come back on this later) it seems the content is parsed twice where the parser seems to be only called once. This makes the tags map from the BBM inaccurate.

About the strpos now, well first of all I'm really not sure of what I'm going to say, but the variable $item['messageHtml'] is the result of:
HTML:
XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($item['data'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);

But if I dump the result and check the XenForo method explanations, the result will be always the object of BbCode Text Wrapper class. So to test the html content with strpos, I think it should be done like this:

PHP:
  $objTextWrapper = XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($item['data'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);
  $item['messageHtml'] = $objTextWrapper->__toString();

if (strpos($item['messageHtml'], '<!-- end -->')){
  $item['messageHtml'] = strstr($item['messageHtml'], '<!-- end -->', true);
  }

Now the question is, is your function still working after this ? If yes and if you accept, the way to integrate with your code the BBM functions quoted above would be as simple as this (requires the version I'm currently working on and that I will soon release on Github(released, only 1 file modified) - the below parameters will be commented in its code):
PHP:
  public function renderHtml()
  {
   $this->_params['bbm_config'] = array(
     'viewParamsMainKey' => 'items',
       'viewParamsTargetedKey' => 'data',
       'idKey' => 'portalItem_id', //only needed for debug
       'messageKey' => 'message', //not needed - message is set as default
       'extraKeys' => array(),  //not needed I think - to be confirmed
       'recursiveMode' => false,  //  possible solution to avoid to set extraKeys
       'moreInfoParamsKey' => false //not needed
   );

if ($this->_params['items']) {
  $bbCodeParser = $this->getParser();
  $bbCodeOptions = $this->getDefaultBbCodeOptions();

$this->_params['items'] = SimplePortal_Helper_Item::getTemplates($this, $this->_params['items'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);
  }
  }

Attachments

• purpose.webp
    purpose.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
thx

now it's probably worth to release a bugfix release before we're able to release 1.2
Can you already communicate on which willl be the changes of this version? I'm just curious.

By the way, I really like the easy interface for users to to promote content.

So I'm unsure if this is a widget issue, portal issue, or blog issue since this depends on all 3.

I'm using

hook:extraportal_item

To display a widget for my blogs. One of them is a spam post so we deleted it. It's still showing up on the portal though.

So I'm unsure if this is a widget issue, portal issue, or blog issue since this depends on all 3.

I'm using

To display a widget for my blogs. One of them is a spam post so we deleted it. It's still showing up on the portal though.

How long has it been deleted for? It's not just in the cache is it?

I'm using

How long has it been deleted for? It's not just in the cache is it?
SOLVED

I finally got it to go away, but I had to hard delete it (usually as policy no one has permissions to hard delete). Once I finished hard deleting it, I used the rebuild tools (thread / forum) and that finally made it go away. I had tried it before, but only when it was soft deleted.

As a point of reference....

The spam tools only soft delete any ways. So this may need addressing as you're still going to have to track it down and hard delete it.

Got the following error today:

1ceqUkh.png

Not sure if you're aware of it, but it was when trying to attach an image to the thread and see if it showed up on the portal page.

Top Bottom