Resource icon

Extra Portal 1.2.4

No permission to download
Got the following error today:

1ceqUkh.png

Not sure if you're aware of it, but it was when trying to attach an image to the thread and see if it showed up on the portal page.
Hi Oman,
This exact error was reported previously and upon our investigation, we were unable to duplicate this. Having said that, we have rewritten most of the code that could have possibly produced this error in the next version anyway.
Sorry that you are experiencing the error, hopefully the next version will solve this problem.

Hi Oman,
This exact error was reported previously and upon our investigation, we were unable to duplicate this. Having said that, we have rewritten most of the code that could have possibly produced this error in the next version anyway.
Sorry that you are experiencing the error, hopefully the next version will solve this problem.

That's fine. I'm only testing with it on my localhost, as I may possibly change to it from Xenporta. :)

Reactions: Dan
I've finally got around to installing this on my dev site to see if I can use it as a replacement to XenPorta.

A few things:
  1. I would like to display attachments in their correct position on the post on the portal page, just as I can do with XenPorta. However I can't seem to do that, the only options appear to be to display as a smaller version at the top left/right of the post or not at all. Is there any way I can achieve what I am after?

No.. please let that Attachment on the place as it is right now. It is much more better as in the original Text. The user see the attachment much more faster and the text don't takes to much places. That is much more better as in xenporta.

And you must shorten the text. it is better for SEO and the User must Click on the Link to the forum.. better for affilli ;) Xenporta makes double content. That is terrible for SEO...

Hi Volks,

how i change the index to the "extra Portal" add-on?
If User use my url, that the startpage is the Portalside from "extra Portal" and not the forum.
Thank's

ahh. i make the / wrong Thank's and very nice addon :)

Clearly, small and works top with framework widget

@ExtraLicense - in the newer version, will be you adding thumbnails for article images? there's a delay in loading as it's resizing 700px images (full size) to 230px. We'd like to get around that.

When creating a category is there any way of assigning an image to it. When promoting a post and assigning a category the portal will show the category image instead of an attachment from the post.

When creating a category is there any way of assigning an image to it. When promoting a post and assigning a category the portal will show the category image instead of an attachment from the post.
No, that's not possible ATM and won't be possible with ExtraPortal 1.2 (which is already feature freaze and being tested) but i like the idea and i've posted it in our internal tracker.

1.2.0 RC1 Available:)
This is Unsupported Software for people who want to help us with testing!
If you choose to run unsupported software, it is your responsibility to ensure that you make a backup of your data. We recommend you do this before attempting an upgrade.

Changehistory will follow with the gold version release!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll help you test it, but it would be nice to know what new features there is before I install :p

Trying a fresh install.

Uploaded files correctly, double checked locations.

"The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again."

Trying a fresh install.

Uploaded files correctly, double checked locations.

"The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again."
I can't reproduce this:(

Not sure if this would be classified as-designed or a bug, but on a new forum of ours we were testing things out, pushed a thread to the front page, then later we moved the thread from a public view to a staff only area. The news post still kept. Guests can see the news post on the portal but of course clicking it gets a you must sign in to view this.

Not a big deal, we're deleting the article anyways, just wanted to let you know/ask.

Not sure if this would be classified as-designed or a bug, but on a new forum of ours we were testing things out, pushed a thread to the front page, then later we moved the thread from a public view to a staff only area. The news post still kept. Guests can see the news post on the portal but of course clicking it gets a you must sign in to view this.

Not a big deal, we're deleting the article anyways, just wanted to let you know/ask.
That's "as designed".
We haven't included any permissioncheck yet.

Top Bottom