Resource icon

Extra Portal 1.2.4

No permission to download
thank you for that.
i have a problem. no attachments are shown in portal. i searched and tryed a lot of settings but i never get the attachment-chooser or something to see.
what could be the problem?

i got it. i had to select it new and than promote it again. because it was automatic promoted from forum after import.

Last edited:
i would like to change the thread_view template while showing an item promoted to portal. is there a variable in template that i can use to know if its portal-item?

Shame its no longer being maintained

o.k., this addon was for free, but if you really need this kind of thing, I highly recommend the addon Xenporta made by @Jaxel. I use it on 4 different sites and it is really good and stable.

It has all the features of this addon here plus many more. It is only one-time costs (40 USD), but no renewal fee. Lifetime updates. It is looking from the design also good, so you can probably use it as a replacement for Wordpress (although Wordpress has other advantages regarding Google rankings).

For XF 1.5x version, you can look at it here.

For XF 2.x version, you can look at it here.

If you do not want to use Worpress or you only need the same template for your front page as in the forum with some front page articles, there is no better addon currently availailabe (as of 01/2019)

If you want to have Wordpress, but with the same theme as your forum , the only addon available for this is a WP-bridge, which is kind of expensive in my view.

It is calles "XPress" from themehouse. This is 80 USD and 50 USD yearly renewal fee. But as I said, if you do not need the features of Wordpress and you look only for the integration of the template with some articles, Xenporta is a lot cheaper ;)

XPress exist only for XF2.x, Xenporta for both, XF1.5x and XF2.x.

Please are aware, that bridges are always more difficult than normal addons. If there is a new update of Wordpress (WP has very often updates), you can not simply upgrade. You have to check whether your bridge version is compatible with that update. That was an issue i.e. with WP when they released WP 5.0. Then you have to wait and hope for the next bridge update ;)

Hope that helps

Last edited:
I just upgraded to xF 2.2 the other day, and obviously had to uninstall this. I've removed all the files from the server, checked my .htaccess and actually removed the redirect that was listed there. But my root domain won't stop redirecting to where it thinks the Extra Portal page should be. (https://cogonline.net redirects to https://forum.cogonline.net/index.php?portal/)

I just made the forum folder a subdomain, but even before that it was still redirecting to that portal page. I cannot for the life of my figure out why. I've checked everything I know to check in the ACP.

1679977537112.webp

1679977607840.webp

Top Bottom