Expiring User Upgrades

Expiring User Upgrades [Paid] 1.3.8

No permission to buy ($20.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Hello guys,

I've installed this plugin for a client but hit a snag. The conversation message comes through as just exup_conversationexpired_upgrade_message. What have I done wrong?
The is a bug since 1.1.0 was released. I'm suprised it wasn't fixed or reported.

What are the additional phrases named? In terms of the alerts for example, I can see these:

exup_alert_purchased_user_upgrade
exup_alert_expiring_user_upgrade
exup_alert_expired_user_upgrade
exup_alert_expiring_user_subscription
exup_alert_upgrade_payment_reversal

The only one which seems applicable for the approaching expiry warning of a standard user upgrade is exup_alert_expiring_user_upgrade.

Are you saying there are already two in this case, one for users who will be presented with an Extend Upgrade button and another phrase for those that won't be able to renew until their current upgrade expires?
I'm still considering how best to update the wording an ensure it is the most accurate as possible.

With this add-on enabled, when I issue a refund via Paypal the user is not being downgraded and the following message is in the transaction log.

Code:
Error: Exception: mysqli_stmt::bind_param(): Number of variables doesn't match number of parameters in prepared statement

If I disable the add-on it works fine.

The error messages keep occurring in the log until the add-on is disabled, then the downgrade will go through by itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
@Beanjam I need a stack track to diganose where that is coming from.

:edit: I think I know where it is coming from, but a stack trace will confirm it. Start a conversation with me if you want to keep the details private.

Last edited:
@Xon is this addon only for user upgrades bought through Paypal or manually upgraded users also get alerts/emails before and after upgrade time ended?

I am asking because users bought with PayPal will have button to buy again. What will happen to manually upgraded users?
If they are permitted to buy it, they'll also have a buy button. The extend button shouldn't show up however.

90% of my users do not use paypal for upgrading, they just send money to my bank account with manual payment and the I manually do upgrade for them.
Is it possible to show another button for them that lead to custom page?

90% of my users do not use paypal for upgrading, they just send money to my bank account with manual payment and the I manually do upgrade for them.
Is it possible to show another button for them that lead to custom page?
You can edit the various phrases to use your own custom page.

The phrases are (alerts use html, conversations use bbcode);
  • exup_alert_expired_user_upgrade
  • exup_alert_expiring_user_subscription
  • exup_alert_expiring_user_upgrade
  • exup_conversation_expired_upgrade_message
  • exup_conversation_expiring_subscription_message
  • exup_conversation_expiring_upgrade_message

Thanks @Xon, but they will see button/link upgrade and that will lead to paypal upgrade process, and it will confuse them, trust me, people with 60+ years do not know tech stuff ;)

I was thinking that manually and paypal payed upgrades coud be seperated, so if user has been upgraded manually before, will see link to custom page, and user upgraded through paypal will see link to paypall page (default xenforo page), or could be managed to have both links

Oh, you meant the pay button on the user upgrade page.

You could template edit it enough I guess, but it really isn't that good a fit for this add-on.

Cron (Expiring User Upgrades) is only for alerting and/or emailing users who's upgrades are about to expire?

Conversation/email/alert for purchased upgrade and for expired upgrade are send instantly?

I ask because If I set cron to run once every day, and if PC/email/alert for purchased upgrade and for expired upgrade are controled with Expiring User Upgrades cron, then user who bought upgrade will get mail and conversation only when cron is ran

Purchased upgrades are sent immediately.

Expiring user upgrades are sent via the add-on's cron-entry which runs daily.

Expired user upgrades alerts are sent when XenForo demotes the user, usually via a cron-entry noticing the user has expired. The problem with this is paypal can be slow, and I don't recommend sending expired user upgrade alerts as they can be confusing. I've had cases where the expired upgrade alert was sent, and then paypal sent the paid notifications 4 hours later.

I'm thinking on how to avoid this.

@Xon
Strange option is to set conversation both to user who is upgraded and Superadmin it self (PC sender in ACP options).
Is it not better like xenforo by default give an option with welcome conversation on registration to lock and leave conversation?

Could you add that two options into this add-on?

This add-on would be 100% perfect if it were not for the complexity of manipulating the phrases, it's just been quite painful. I would love to see the options page contain fields for the message texts. I am also having difficulty manipulating the various messages as some of them bbcode or html works some of them not. I just wanted one consistent message with my own text and a few clickable links. I've gotten closer but my links are not clickable. I've now opted to sending out a conversation only. Any idea how to make clickable links for the conversation messages? Thanks!

Top Bottom