Expiring User Upgrades

Expiring User Upgrades [Paid] 1.3.8

No permission to buy ($20.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
This addon just changes the way that users are alerted to when their upgrades are going to expire, it has nothing to do with the payment system

This addon just changes the way that users are alerted to when their upgrades are going to expire, it has nothing to do with the payment system

I believe the incompatibility was due to the template modifications by either this or [bd] Paygates, not the payment system itself. Now that I think about it, if that was in fact what it was, I could probably fix that myself.

Yeah looks like it's all in the account_upgrades template. When an upgrade doesn't have Can be gifted selected the button is removed. With Paygates turned on it's added back in.

I've been wanting to clean up the appearance of this page anyhow, so I'm gonna try to hack something together.

I should probably let @NixFifty and @xfrocks know we're talking about their addons here too :D

[bd] Paygates off:

upload_2016-6-10_13-46-1.webp

[bd] Paygates on:

upload_2016-6-10_13-50-31.webp

Last edited:
I believe the only thing left on my list is compatibility with [bd] Paygates so we can accept other forms of payment. Any plans to do that?
It is on the to-do list, but I wanted to get out the revamped changes especially to work with Gift Upgrades.

It also adds an extend button which allows the user to extend a non-recurring subscription. This is the part which likely needs testing and integration work :)

It looks like all users get the same approaching expiry notifications whether the upgrade is renewable prior or not, is that correct?

If that is the case then it would be better if there were separate phrases for each circumstance.

At the moment the wording is 'You may renew or extend your account upgrades' for all users which could be confusing.

It looks like all users get the same approaching expiry notifications whether the upgrade is renewable prior or not, is that correct?

If that is the case then it would be better if there were separate phrases for each circumstance.

At the moment the wording is 'You may renew or extend your account upgrades' for all users which could be confusing.
There is a separate phrase, it is just worded very poorly.

I'll work on fixing that sometime this week.

What are the additional phrases named? In terms of the alerts for example, I can see these:

exup_alert_purchased_user_upgrade
exup_alert_expiring_user_upgrade
exup_alert_expired_user_upgrade
exup_alert_expiring_user_subscription
exup_alert_upgrade_payment_reversal

The only one which seems applicable for the approaching expiry warning of a standard user upgrade is exup_alert_expiring_user_upgrade.

Are you saying there are already two in this case, one for users who will be presented with an Extend Upgrade button and another phrase for those that won't be able to renew until their current upgrade expires?

What are the additional phrases named? In terms of the alerts for example, I can see these:

exup_alert_purchased_user_upgrade
exup_alert_expiring_user_upgrade
exup_alert_expired_user_upgrade
exup_alert_expiring_user_subscription
exup_alert_upgrade_payment_reversal

The only one which seems applicable for the approaching expiry warning of a standard user upgrade is exup_alert_expiring_user_upgrade.

Are you saying there are already two in this case, one for users who will be presented with an Extend Upgrade button and another phrase for those that won't be able to renew until their current upgrade expires?
exup_alert_expiring_user_subscription - is the one sent for recurring subscriptions.

However exup_alert_expiring_user_upgrade needs to be split into two. One for when they can use the "Extend Upgrade" button and the other where they can't.

Hello guys,

I've installed this plugin for a client but hit a snag. The conversation message comes through as just exup_conversationexpired_upgrade_message. What have I done wrong?

Top Bottom