Expiring User Upgrades

Expiring User Upgrades [Paid] 1.3.8

No permission to buy ($20.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Daniel Hood updated Expiring User Upgrades with a new update entry:

What's New:
  • Added the ability to notify users of their upgrade expiring by starting a conversation with them.
  • Fixed a bug which resulted in permanent upgrades displaying the extend button even though they shouldn't be extendable.
This upgrade requires you to uninstall the previous version and install 1.1.0 fresh. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Daniel Hood updated Expiring User Upgrades with a new update entry:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: conversation - library/ExUp/Option/NotifyBy.php:7
Generated 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 library/ExUp/Option/NotifyBy.php(7): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '', 7, Array)
#1 library/XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php(365): ExUp_Option_NotifyBy::verify(Array, Object(XenForo_DataWriter_Option), 'exup_notify_by')
#2 library/XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php(222): XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave(Array)
#3 library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1460): XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave()
#4 library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1399): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#5 library/XenForo/Model/Option.php(572): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#6 library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Option.php(179): XenForo_Model_Option->updateOptions(Array)
#7 library/Audentio/UIX/ControllerAdmin/Option.php(6): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Option->actionSave()
#8 library/NodesAsTabs/ControllerAdmin/Option.php(7): Audentio_UIX_ControllerAdmin_Option->actionSave()
#9 /library/phc/LinkDirectory/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Option.php(7): NodesAsTabs_ControllerAdmin_Option->actionSave()
#10 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): phc_LinkDirectory_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Option->actionSave()
#11 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "/admin.php?options/save/exup"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["options/save/exup"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["options_listed"] => array(6) {
[0] => string(16) "exup_notify_days"
[1] => string(20) "exup_notify_purchase"
[2] => string(19) "exup_notify_expired"
[3] => string(14) "exup_notify_by"
[4] => string(26) "exup_respect_email_privacy"
[5] => string(26) "exup_extend_upgrade_button"
}
["options"] => array(5) {
["exup_notify_purchase"] => string(1) "0"
["exup_notify_expired"] => string(1) "1"
["exup_notify_by"] => array(2) {
["alert"] => array(1) {
["active"] => string(5) "alert"
}
["email"] => array(1) {
["active"] => string(5) "email"
}
}
["exup_respect_email_privacy"] => string(1) "0"
["exup_extend_upgrade_button"] => string(1) "1"
}
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Sending you a zip privately to see if it fixes both issues. I do believe that the issue with the extend button showing has to do with you toggling the upgrade to/from permanent. I added an extra conditional though.

ErrorException: Undefined index: conversation - library/ExUp/Option/NotifyBy.php:7
Did you uninstall the old version before installing this one? It's fixed in either case in the zip that I'm about to send you (and will be pushing to everyone else if yours is successful).

Sending you a zip privately to see if it fixes both issues. I do believe that the issue with the extend button showing has to do with you toggling the upgrade to/from permanent. I added an extra conditional though.

Did you uninstall the old version before installing this one? It's fixed in either case in the zip that I'm about to send you (and will be pushing to everyone else if yours is successful).
Yes, did uninstall the old version.
As noted in our conversation, the new versions you sent addressed two of the three issues, with the open issue still being;
  • Extend button showing when user has a permanent end date for the upgrade

I would like to email users whose upgrades expired in the last X days and have visited in the last Y days, reminding them to renew their upgrade.

Can this add-on do that, or something similar?

I'd like to install this, then contact those expired but still active users to ask them to upgrade again.

This add-on doesn't provide a way to contact recently expired upgraded users. This has come up a lot recently, it may be an addition in the future but it's likely to be a couple months off.

I must have made a mistake; for some reason I was positive that this was compatible with Paygates. Rather than ask specific questions I'll just lay all of this out here and hopefully get some insight :)

When it comes to membership upgrades our 'master plan' includes:
  1. Allow members to choose either monthly subscriptions or one year upgrades.
  2. Allow members to pay with Paypal or Stripe.
  3. Allow members to gift upgrades to each other.
  4. Allow members to renew upgrades before they expire.
  5. Send alerts, emails, or conversations when expiration is purchased/pending/expired.
  6. Provide a clean interface which combines payment options for the same upgrade level (I believe I can do this myself via template/CSS edits).

After purchasing and testing numerous add-ons I've found [bd] Paygates to be the standard for payment options (#1 and #2), Gift Upgrades for the gifts (#3), and Expiring User Upgrades (this add-on) for renewals and notifications (#4 and #5).

As much as I'd prefer just one add-on, each of these add-ons does a great job at carrying out their specific purpose. The other two add-ons are already compatible with each other, so my thought is that we'd be able to achieve our goals if this were integrated. I'm thinking a few of us could possibly go in together and fund this integration. I think the Paygate integration might be the bulk of the work.

@Daniel Hood Could you provide us with a cost estimate an any thoughts you might have?

Top Bottom