Expiring User Upgrades

Expiring User Upgrades [Paid] 1.3.8

No permission to buy ($20.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
By default when a user upgrade expires, they are reverted back to their previous settings. This add on just alerts them ahead of time so they can make sure that doesn't happen.

Just purchased this and having server errors in the log files constantly in just 1 night.

Xenforo Version 1.4.3
Expiring User Upgrade Version: 1.0.4

We can not use PayPal so we had a developer come in and write an add-on for Authorize.net (bd paygates would not work for us for some reason).

Error in the log files: (please bare in mind that it's only been installed for 1 day at this point and we have set up a test but don't know if the reminder email is being sent or not. Just trying to get ahead of it.)

Code:
Declaration of ExUp_Model_UserUpgrade::downgradeUserUpgrades() should be compatible with XenForo_Model_UserUpgrade::downgradeUserUpgrades(array $upgrades, $sendAlert = true) 3 minutes ago - library/ExUp/Model/UserUpgrade.php:408

Detailed:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Declaration of ExUp_Model_UserUpgrade::downgradeUserUpgrades() should be compatible with XenForo_Model_UserUpgrade::downgradeUserUpgrades(array $upgrades, $sendAlert = true) - library/ExUp/Model/UserUpgrade.php:408
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2048, 'Declaration of ...', '/home/silent/pu...', 408, Array)
#1 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Autoloader::autoload()
#2 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1047): XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('ExUp_Model_User...')
#3 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(529): XenForo_Application::autoload('ExUp_Model_User...')
#4 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(189): XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass('XenForo_Model_U...', 'model')
#5 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/CronEntry/CleanUp.php(97): XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_U...')
#6 [internal function]: XenForo_CronEntry_CleanUp::runUserDowngrade(Array)
#7 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#8 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#9 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999880791, '')
#10 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999880791, '', false)
#11 /home/silent/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#12 /home/silent/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#13 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://www.silentground.org/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/index.php?forums/hd-movies.135/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Ideas, Suggestions?

Last edited:
When I go to download it says 1.0.5.1 which is the same thing that I downloaded last night after purchasing. But once installed it's showing version 1.0.4

I'm running 1.0.5 and get these errors whenever I do anything in the admincp related to user upgrades:

Code:
ErrorException: Declaration of ExUp_Model_UserUpgrade::downgradeUserUpgrades() should be compatible with XenForo_Model_UserUpgrade::downgradeUserUpgrades(array $upgrades, $sendAlert = true) -library/ExUp/Model/UserUpgrade.php:0
Generated By: paul, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2048, 'Declaration of ...', '/home/talkbass/...', 0, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Autoloader::autoload()
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1047): XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('ExUp_Model_User...')
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Application.php(529): XenForo_Application::autoload('ExUp_Model_User...')
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model.php(189): XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass('XenForo_Model_U...', 'model')
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(101): XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_U...')
#6 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/UserUpgrade.php(563): XenForo_Controller->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_U...')
#7 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/UserUpgrade.php(174): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_UserUpgrade->_getUserUpgradeModel()
#8 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/UserUpgrade.php(257): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_UserUpgrade->_getUpgradeRecordsListParams(true)
#9 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_UserUpgrade->actionActive()
#10 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /home/talkbass/html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(54) "http://www.talkbass.com/admin.php?user-upgrades/active"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["user-upgrades/active"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Also when I click on "expired upgrades" in the admincp, I get a blank page. Almost seems like I'm not getting your XF 1.4 update....

Are you sure you're on 1.0.5?

Yeah, just double-checked. When I go to download, I have the two choices 1.0.5 and 1.0.5.1 The latter actually downloads the 1.4 package as noted above by SilentGround.

So I downloaded 1.0.5 and it shows installed:

Ugh. Nevermind! I used Addon Install and Upgrade to install 1.0.5 the first time, and it appears it didn't overwrite the old files correctly. I just used my sftp client to upload the files, and all is fixed.

Sorry!

Last edited:
Went to bed last night, sorry it got late and I couldn't see any reason why it wasn't working (which makes sense now since seeing your edit). I'm glad you got it figured out.

Is the extend upgrade functionality still working with XF 1.4.6/7? My template modification is failing to find what it's looking for in account_upgrades... Tried reverting the template, no luck...

Just got back from Orlando for a mini-vacation. I honestly am behind on my current installations so I will have to install 1.4.7 to check the template modification. Please give me a couple days as I'm just getting back and I have family in town for Memorial Day. I may get to it tomorrow night but no promises.

Just got back from Orlando for a mini-vacation. I honestly am behind on my current installations so I will have to install 1.4.7 to check the template modification. Please give me a couple days as I'm just getting back and I have family in town for Memorial Day. I may get to it tomorrow night but no promises.

Poke. ;) Same on 1.4.8, template modifications fail

I'm hard-coding the template for now. A fix would be great, obviously template modifications are preferred. It's just a simple change in the default xenforo template's PayPal url:

<xen:if is="{$upgrade.length_unit} AND {$upgrade.recurring}">
<a href="{$payPalUrl}?cmd=_manage-paylist" class="button">{xen:phrase cancel_subscription}</a>

@Daniel Hood question for you, regarding the Extend Upgrades button:

This button will only be available if the upgrade details have not changed since it was first purchased (such as cost, length, user groups, and whether recurring) as they must remain the same in case the payment is reversed and the end date has to be adjusted accordingly.

So does this work right away on an existing upgrade that is about to expire? How many days prior to expiration does the button become available to the user? Just installed and trying to figure that out. Ran the cron, didn't seem to make a difference. Set to send out alert 7 days prior, users with 4 days to expiration aren't showing the button.

@Daniel Hood question for you, regarding the Extend Upgrades button:

This button will only be available if the upgrade details have not changed since it was first purchased (such as cost, length, user groups, and whether recurring) as they must remain the same in case the payment is reversed and the end date has to be adjusted accordingly.

So does this work right away on an existing upgrade that is about to expire? How many days prior to expiration does the button become available to the user? Just installed and trying to figure that out. Ran the cron, didn't seem to make a difference. Set to send out alert 7 days prior, users with 4 days to expiration aren't showing the button.

As long as the upgrade length/cost is the same, the extend upgrade button is always there. Note however that this add on is broken and the template modification to display the extend button doesn't work unless u put it in the template manually

And now I've got 10 pages of server errors, whereas I had zero for almost 3 months...

Fixed...installed wrong version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom