XF 1.0 Enhanced Attachment Uploader

One of the first 'Have You Seen...' videos we posted showed our attachment uploader in action, and went on to demonstrate how pictures could be quickly and easily inserted into messages.

However, the system at the time could only handle a single image being uploaded at once.

Not any more. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Excellent addition. This one is going to be very, very useful. Did you develop this yourself or did you use something like plupload? :)

Okay, this simplicity thing is getting out of hand. It's getting to the point that users don't have to think about what they're going to do, they just do it reflexively. Stop that! :p

I love the way this is implemented though, and glad to see it'll be in XF's initial release and not sometime later. Very good stuff. :D ThoughI do notice it allows duplicate attachements, even within the same post... is there a way to prevent that? Or are there plans to prevent duplicates in the future?

Excellent addition. This one is going to be very, very useful. Did you develop this yourself or did you use something like plupload? :)
I spent a day with plupload before giving up on the shocking documentation. The current implementation is based around swfupload.

I spent a day with plupload before giving up on the shocking documentation. The current implementation is based around swfupload.

righto. this is a good test case where it is very hard to ignore adobe flash player requirement. html5 probably has an alternative but it would not work on older IE editions. google gears also had it but then it is being killed.

Top Bottom