1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can not upload multiple images with the attachment uploader

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by gldtn, Feb 12, 2011.

1. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

I'm running Xenforo RC2 and I just noticed that I can't select multiple images to upload.

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Do you have the 'Use Flash Uploader' checked in the admincp?

admincp->options->options-> attachments -> Use Flash Uploader

3. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Yes, I just double checked on that and it's active! and it works here on xenforo, so I guess I can rule out a browser issue

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is Control-F5 to hard refresh the page.

5. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

No luck with that Dean.. What are the files that controls the attachments script? Maybe it was corrupt somehow and if I re upload them it might work?

6. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

If that is the only anomaly I doubt reloading files would help..

Wait. Today I found a bit of weirdness on my forum. Is this the default skin you are using?

7. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

No, it's a skin I made it myself, but I just tried switching to the default style and it's the same!

8. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

If I think of anything else I will post, in the mean time someone else may have more ideas.

gldtn likes this.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Has it ever worked on your installation?
    If so, do you remember when it stopped working?

Have you installed any add-ons?
    Has your host made any changes?

You could try reuploading the files (upgrade package so you don't overwrite your attachments and avatars).
    That will rule out any file related issues.

10. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Brogan, to tell you the truth I'm not sure if it ever worked, but I did a separate install on my server to test it out and it's working on the separate install. So I guess we can rule out being a server thing..

My addons are:
    Post Message Regex Replacer 1.0.0
    TaigaChat 0.4.1
    The Happy Place 2.0.1
    [8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Wiki) 1.2.2
    [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) 1.2.3

I disabled all the addons and re uploaded the upgrade files as you mentioned and it's still not working :/

11. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

Have you tried changing the jQuery from local to like Google.com or reuploading the jQuery file?

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your own tests have ruled out a server issue so that at least removes that from the equation.
    It's obviously something to do with this install, we just need to find out what.

You've uploaded the files again so that should mean all of the files are correct.
    It can't really be a JavaScript issue as the uploader uses Flash.

Have you made any other template changes apart from for the add-ons?
    Are there any outdated templates, although again that shouldn't really affect this.

13. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Curious

AdminCP -> appearance -> style properties -> general: Enable Animations, Using Multiplier, is that box checked?

In my custom style it became unchecked after RC1->RC2, and I could not check the box and save it. I needed to revert.

14. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Yes, I've tried all of them just now, and no luck :/

15. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Yes, it's checked.

16. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

I just upgraded to rc3, made sure there is no outdated templates, disabled all the addon, and still not working.

I was able to select multiple files by pressing cmd+all, but when I click on upload, it only uploads the first image selected.

:/

17. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Finally after the upgrade to the stable release it's working again ;), thanks for the support guys!

Dean likes this.