XF 1.0 Enhanced Attachment Uploader

One of the first 'Have You Seen...' videos we posted showed our attachment uploader in action, and went on to demonstrate how pictures could be quickly and easily inserted into messages.

However, the system at the time could only handle a single image being uploaded at once.

Not any more. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Okay, my earlier question got lost in the suffle so I'll ask again...not surprising it got lost as to how quickly the pages filled up :)

Anyway, here it is:
Okay, let me ask this? Can we can change what file extensions can be uploaded as admins? Example, on my own site I not only have png and psd extensions but pspimage and tub extensions (paint shop pro extensions).

I'll ask my question again as that also got overlooked.

What are the file limits (pixels & bytes) as they're not displayed anywhere when uploading a file.

How will the users know if their files will be accepted, apart from getting an error message due to them being rejected?

Images get resized to fit (pixel-wise). Even when we did display the limits, we found that they generally got ignored and people tried to upload stuff anyway. As it stands now, we reject the upload before they even upload it. (Except for massive images, because they may be resized; depending on configuration, PHP itself reject those before they get to us.)

Point taken, though I can't think of a good way to actually show it.

Thanks Mike, it was just because on the old system I noticed the limits were displayed so wasn't sure if I was missing something somewhere with the new implementation.

It's not a great solution but I suppose you could do something on hover over the "Upload a File" button?
Or even in the window title which pops up? Although that isn't very visible to the end user.

Making this one of the most attractive software-demonstrations out there yes... (clever thinking, Kier!) ;)
Well nobody wants an ugly demo, but I'll pass on your compliments to Poocher and Dave :)
I suppose you could do something on hover over the "Upload a File" button?
Or even in the window title which pops up?
That's going to be the best we can do at present. I have a few ideas.

As it stands now, we reject the upload before they even upload it. (Except for massive images, because they may be resized; depending on configuration, PHP itself reject those before they get to us.)

this is a good feature to have. i always hate it when a service rejects my upload AFTER it has been uploaded!

youtube for example. would not check for the limitations they put on the video i am trying to upload.

it has rejected videos that were 9 minutes 58 seconds in length. after the massive upload, it told me that it was above 10 minutes. :| that was not funny!

Can you believe that even if you get an error during the upload of a particular file, the remaining other files in your multiple upload are continued to be processed regardless 'in the background'! This is really amazing and yet another typical example of how seriously good the UI/UX of the XenForo product is. I keep being impressed.

Look:
error during upload.webp

Wow :cool:.

Can you believe that even if you get an error during the upload of a particular file, the remaining other files in your multiple upload are continued to be processed regardless 'in the background'! This is really amazing and yet another typical example of how seriously good the UI/UX of the XenForo product is. I keep being impressed.

Wow :cool:.
Yep and I like the fact that they used 'Information' instead of 'Error'. Information = sounds positive and helpful, Error = frustration, negativity.

Yep and I like the fact that they used 'Information' instead of 'Error'. Information = sounds positive and helpful, Error = frustration, negativity.

I never even thought about that, but if this is indeed the thought-process behind titling error-messages, I am more impressed then I already was... :cool:

GREAT addition :)

How well would an "Insert all thumbnails" or "Insert all full size images", I could see someone just showing off screenshots say 20 of them would get rather tedious going back and clicking insert on each one. I know they could simply keep them in the attachments area but just a thought. Either way... great job :)

Top Bottom