Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Updating the themehouse theme resolved the above issue.

Now I'm facing an issue where editing the editor isn't actually updating anything, even in the preview.

I'm specifically trying to get the template system to work, but am unable to get it to display in the toolbar.

There needs to be at least one template and the user account needs to have permission to use the template system, otherwise the button will not be shown.

After installing, now some stock buttons don't show up, and some new icons don't show up. See below:

View attachment 254306

Notice that paragraph format icon is last icon in 2nd group above, but doesn't show in preview.

Another issue is, see the drafts icon should be the 2nd to last in last group? Notice it doesn't show in preview either. These also do not show up for the users. Can someone tell us why these don't show in preview or for the customer?
same problem

Greetings 👋 I'm not sure if this was discussed in this thread yet, but the word counter on mobile overlays itself over the editor body and blocks your view of the last word you type. It is making it difficult for my members, so I ended up disabling word count for now :(

@Lukas W. I realized today why the external google fonts I was trying to add weren't loading when I had more than one. The add-on is calling in the google fonts stylesheet like this:
HTML:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Lato|Lobster|Fira+Sans|Dancing+Script">
When the correct way to pull in multiple google fonts with css2 is currently this:
HTML:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Lato&family=Fira+Sans&family=Dancing+Script&family=Lobster">

I was able to fix this by editing KL\EditorManager\Listener\TemplaterTemplatePreRender.php, and replacing this:
PHP:
$params['em_gfonts'] = $googleFonts ? 'https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=' . join('|', $googleFonts) : false;
with this:
PHP:
$params['em_gfonts'] = $googleFonts ? 'https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=' . join('&family=', $googleFonts) : false;

@Lukas W. Server error log:

Code:
Error: Cannot use object of type KL\EditorManager\Finder\Template as array src/addons/KL/EditorManager/Pub/Controller/Templates.php:256

Generated by: Able31 Nov 2, 2021 at 6:06 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): KL\EditorManager\Pub\Controller\Templates->actionSort(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('KL\\EditorManage...', 'Sort', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(KL\EditorManager\Pub\Controller\Templates), NULL)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(KL\EditorManager\Pub\Controller\Templates), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(2345): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "/account/kl-editor-templates/sort"
  ["referrer"] => string(51) "/account/kl-editor-templates/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["templates"] => string(160) "[{"id":"36","parent_id":"","depth":0,"lft":1,"rgt":2},{"id":"34","parent_id":"","depth":0,"lft":3,"rgt":4},{"id":"35","parent_id":"","depth":0,"lft":5,"rgt":6}]"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/account/kl-editor-templates/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

When the installer finishes the addon throws up this error message:

Code:
XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: xf_user_profile: MySQL query error [1118]: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php at line 158
XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 149
XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable() in src/addons/KL/EditorManager/Setup.php at line 434
KL\EditorManager\Setup->installStep17() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 60
KL\EditorManager\Setup->installStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 27
KL\EditorManager\Setup->install() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 416
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2344
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 512
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Sad that this addon is unmaintained now.

Guess with TH leaving the scene Lukas is also leaving the scene?
I think it's just a low priority - a VERY low priority. Must be to do nothing about the fact that even basic paragraph functionality has been missing for months.

I think it's just a low priority - a VERY low priority. Must be to do nothing about the fact that even basic paragraph functionality has been missing for months.
Yeah, it is what it is. That is the only thing hurting me, too. Otherwise all is good.

Yeah, it is what it is. That is the only thing hurting me, too. Otherwise all is good.
Right. I appreciate all the work that he's put in it, and so far the benefits outweigh the negatives for me personally. I just hate to think, though, of the eons of waiting that might be involved if there's any new problems created with XF 2.3. Hopefully there won't be. And if there is, it might finally be the end of the road for all of us on this one. At this point, I would be surprised if Lukas isn't considering putting the axe to this addon. :whistle:

I mean he is busy and it takes time to support such an addon. For me the templates feature also outweighs anything. Such a nice thing to be able to save copy/paste stuff in a template. So with 2 clicks one can re-use sentences and phrases.

Also with 2.2 there was a lot of change to the editor system from XF's side. I don't think we will see such changes anytime soon. So the fixes for 2.3 should be minimal at this point.

Top Bottom