Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
I updated to PHP 8.1 and my admin panel would not load and showed the error below. I disabled all of my addons, switched back to the older PHP, re-enabled them one by one, and when I enabled this one the admin CP would not load again with the same error shown. Currently running 8.1.11.

I saw the support for this is minimal but would love to get this working again, as it's an amazing addon!

image.png

The two most recent 'bugs' reported here just emerged when I updated my server to PHP v8.1. I am getting the same two template errors as @tajhay shown below. Also, the table function is tricky. The insertion of a table works just fine, until one closes and opens an editor window in something with the table.

Suddenly, the BB code is not parsed, objects inserted in the table flow vertically--and the BB table code appears in the rendered "live" window at the top and bottom of the supposedly tabled content.

As v8.2 is now out, is there any activity on bringing this great addon into 2023?

Code:
Template errors

Template public:xfa_faq_macros: [E_DEPRECATED] preg_split(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($subject) of type string is deprecated (src/addons/KL/EditorManager/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php:660)

Template error: [E_DEPRECATED] trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated src/addons/KL/EditorManager/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php:53

I should also mention that the addon crashes and burns on v8.2 :(

Last edited:
Hi, we've been trying to track down an intermittent server error we keep getting in the templater. We've tracked this down to the default "hide" bbcode functionality in this addon. When using certain tags such as [HIDETHANKS] in conjunction with a quoted post that includes an author linkback with member ID, the process of reacting or in some cases un-reacting triggers an error message, once for each quote instance in the post being reacted/unreacted to. The error it generates is displayed below:

Stack trace​

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/www/public_htm...', 1177)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1177): trigger_error('Cannot call met...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/public/bb_code_tag_quote.php(11): XF\Template\Templater->method(NULL, 'isIgnoring', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(1182): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('bb_code_tag_quo...', Array)
#5 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(1126): XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->getRenderedQuote('For some reason...', 'Nate', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(316): XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTagQuote(Array, 'Nate, post: 902...', Array, Array, Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html))
#7 src/addons/KL/EditorManager/BbCode/EditorManagerTrait.php(144): XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#8 src/addons/s9e/MediaSites/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(14): KL\EditorManager\XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(63): s9e\MediaSites\XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#10 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(1351): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#11 src/addons/SV/LazyImageLoader/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(138): XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTagSpoiler(Array, 'replies', Array, Array)
#12 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(316): SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTagSpoiler(Array, 'replies', Array, Array, Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html))
#13 src/addons/KL/EditorManager/BbCode/EditorManagerTrait.php(144): XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#14 src/addons/s9e/MediaSites/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(14): KL\EditorManager\XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#15 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(63): s9e\MediaSites\XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#16 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(39): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#17 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(22): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderAst(Array, Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#18 src/XF/SubContainer/BbCode.php(222): XF\BbCode\Traverser->render([invalid], Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\BbCode\Parser), Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#19 src/addons/KL/EditorManager/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php(36): XF\SubContainer\BbCode->render([invalid], 'html', 'post', Object(SV\ThreadReplyBanTeeth\XF\Entity\Post))
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): KL\EditorManager\XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionReact(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XFost', 'React', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\MultiPrefix\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#22 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\MultiPrefix\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#23 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#24 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#25 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#26 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#27 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(39) "/forum/posts/903178/react?reaction_id=3"
["referrer"] => string(67) "https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/stardust-road.21235/page-3"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["/forum/posts/903178/react"] => string(0) ""
["reaction_id"] => string(1) "3"
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(41) "/forum/threads/stardust-road.21235/page-3"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}

Removing all tagged quotes or removing the HIDE tag appears to stop the error from occurring, as does disabling the addon entirely. We also could swear a user ID's presence in the xf_user_ignored table was a trigger too, but removing any entries for both the poster and the reactor in that database table manually did not change the behavior after the fact. Might be possible as a trigger though if there's any sort of cache in play? Also, some posts generate errors on a react, some only on unreacts, others still do both. Haven't been able to figure out why that is. Again, wonder if there's some sort of cache issue at play there.

We've uninstalled the older Editor Manager we had (making sure to remove files etc) but since installing the most recent version, we intermittently (Usually around every 20minutes) get this server error log, any ideas please?

• TypeError: Return value of KL\EditorManager\Listener\AppSetup::appSetup() must be an instance of KL\EditorManager\Listener\void, none returned
  • src/addons/KL/EditorManager/Listener/AppSetup.php:24
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Apr 1, 2023 at 9:09 AM

Stack trace​

#0 src/XF/Extension.php(69): KL\EditorManager\Listener\AppSetup::appSetup(Object(XF\Pub\App))
#1 src/XF/App.php(2990): XF\Extension->fire('app_setup', Array, NULL)
#2 src/XF/App.php(2028): XF\App->fire('app_setup', Array)
#3 src/XF/Pub/App.php(94): XF\App->setup(Array)
#4 src/XF.php(497): XF\Pub\App->setup(Array)
#5 src/XF.php(520): XF::setupApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#6 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(30) "/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/Autodiscover/Autodiscover_xml"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I just wanted to add onto my last message from our testing:
  • This was tested on our development site works, this worked and still works with no errors (that we've been able to replicate).
  • We've been comparing settings from development to live for the editor, these are the same.
  • We have not been able to track down / identify any pattern, it seems sporadic, unable to generate on demand.
  • The errors are always the same, I've tried comparing files and these are all the same.
  • No reported errors from our users, etc, to suggest there is an issue. It's just in the background.
We can come on the next morning and it'll have a good few hundred of these errors, clearing them down is the only workaround we have at the moment but other than an inconvenience, we're not presently aware of it causing any physical problem. :unsure:

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off / disable server errors generated by this Add-On? We don't want to disable it for all of XF, so add-on specific.

We've not experienced any issues using it but are receiving the error mentioned in post #1708 hundreds of times a day, as we've not had any problems, we'd rather disable these 'errors' until the next update comes out to see if that fixes the issue.

When do you guys get this error?
Do you get the error straight after hit the "thanks" button or reply?

I'm running on php 8.2.9
Tested on 2 servers now, but both give me no error.

Is this dead? Last update a year ago.
Only Lukas can give a definitive answer to that, but my opinion is that it's probably prudent to not use it going forward, especially if you plan on upgrading to 2.3 as soon as it comes out. Even if nothing about that update creates a problem with this addon, I know XF plan on updating the editor not too long after 2.3 is released, which almost certainly would be a problem. Bad enough having to wait on the XF updates, don't think you want to also get locked in to having to wait for this to get updated before you can go ahead with the core updates.

Last edited:
I've personally pretty much moved on from XF. The limbo state regarding updates combined with the constant back and forth on when a new editor could be coming makes wanting to maintain this pretty unbearable. I've bumped this resource to unmaintained for now. If anyone wants to provide additional updates, I'm happy to receive them through the github repository and to publish them here: https://github.com/LukasWieditz/EditorManager

Hey, thanks for the great addon. Can anyone tell me how to use the HIDEDATE feature?

I mean: [HIDEDATE=what_should_i_put_here]test content[/HIDEDATE]

I tried UNIX Timestamps and some other but not worked.. Anyone have idea?

Hey, thanks for the great addon. Can anyone tell me how to use the HIDEDATE feature?

I mean: [HIDEDATE=what_should_i_put_here]test content[/HIDEDATE]

I tried UNIX Timestamps and some other but not worked.. Anyone have idea?
I think it's probably not a good idea to be investing time in this addon now. There's things that just don't work, the developer himself has said he's pretty much through with it, at least until maybe some time in the hazy future, and there's likely to be only more problems with it moving forward.

I think it's probably not a good idea to be investing time in this addon now. There's things that just don't work, the developer himself has said he's pretty much through with it, at least until maybe some time in the hazy future, and there's likely to be only more problems with it moving forward.

But that's the only feature I need. I need to hide posts until specific time. Like 03.03.2024 - 19:30:00. And when that time comes it should make itself visible automatically. I do really need it... Don't you have any idea to make it work in this addon?

But that's the only feature I need. I need to hide posts until specific time. Like 03.03.2024 - 19:30:00. And when that time comes it should make itself visible automatically. I do really need it... Don't you have any idea to make it work in this addon?
I've no idea how to make it work in that addon. Haven't had it installed for some time. Why not just use a scheduler addon? Ozzmozz has a good free one here:

Top Bottom