[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite]

[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite] 7.2.0

No permission to download
Hello,

I noticed all the shouts are store in MySQL and in "Files" directory.

The issue I have is, we run a cluster where we need everything to run from the database and no txt files. This possible with Lite and/or Pro versions?

Hello,

I noticed all the shouts are store in MySQL and in "Files" directory.

The issue I have is, we run a cluster where we need everything to run from the database and no txt files. This possible with Lite and/or Pro versions?
Hi Cory,

The files are not shouts, they are the "last shout time" - the text files contain only a UNIX Timestamp. The Shoutbox should work fine even if they are desynchronised :)

Fillip

hello!

I am trying to try the lite version of this on my sight running XF153, but I got this error:
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/drumless/public_html/library/DBTech/Shout/Core.php on line 7
Now I cannot uninstall this addon. Any help is much appreciated.

hello!

I am trying to try the lite version of this on my sight running XF153, but I got this error:
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/drumless/public_html/library/DBTech/Shout/Core.php on line 7
Now I cannot uninstall this addon. Any help is much appreciated.
This sounds like you may be running an older version of PHP. Can you please make sure you are running PHP 5.4 or newer?

Fillip

Hi Cory,

The files are not shouts, they are the "last shout time" - the text files contain only a UNIX Timestamp. The Shoutbox should work fine even if they are desynchronised :)

Fillip

Yeah they don't load at all.

Just shows: Loading...

zHo4nGC.png

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=gw108jpE

Hi Cory,

From the looks of that error log, it seems like you will need to CHMOD /data/DBTech/Shout/Files/ on all your networked servers. Is that something that's possible for you?

If not, let me know and I will explore alternate solutions to get the Shoutbox working for you :)

Fillip

So is the smilie option and sound option only on the pro version? I have them set in the settings but they are not working.
View attachment 124787
Hi Jim,

That's correct, sorry for the confusion :( I'll revisit it once the holidays are over, but I believe there were certain limitations on the method I used for storing settings that resulted in those options displaying in the Lite version.

Fillip

Update: An issue with using the <!--XFSHOUT.instance1--> to manually deploy the shoutbox has been hotfixed. If you are affected by this issue, please re-download Beta 10 and re-upload
/library/DBTech/Shout/EventListener/FrontControllerPostView.php to resolve this issue.

Beta 11 with this fix will be released during the next update cycle.

Thanks to @SanMan for his assistance in discovering this issue :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shout v7 [Lite] with a new update entry:

7.0.0 Release Candidate 1

New Features:

Desktop Notifications
  • Shoutbox PMs received can now be displayed as desktop notifications!
  • Works in Chrome, Firefox and Safari
  • Can be toggled by the user

Markup Username
  • Banned Users list (Command: /banlist) now uses markup username
  • (Pro) Silenced Users list (Command: /silencelist) now uses markup username

Bug Fixes:
  • Manual deployment would not work correctly in certain...

Read the rest of this update entry...

DB Shout + tapatalk + SSL (forum)
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function fetch() on null - library/DBTech/Shout/Cache.php:206

what may have caused the error ?

P.S.
OFF chatbox , Tapatalk works ok .
Enabled chatbox is this error, You can not send messages Tapatalk

DB Shout + tapatalk + SSL (forum)
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function fetch() on null - library/DBTech/Shout/Cache.php:206

what may have caused the error ?
This appears to be an issue with the system detection. I'll look into this and post back when a resolution is available :)

Edit: Would you happen to have the full stack trace available in the error log in the XF AdminCP? That would help immensely. Thanks!

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite] with a new update entry:

7.0.0 Release Candidate 3

New Features:

Developer Friendly
  • Full XFCP support for every Action page
  • Full XFCP support for every DataManager action
  • Full XFCP support for every Shoutbox API call

Changes to Existing Features:

Framework
  • Various back-end changes to bring the framework in line with DragonByte Shop

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue with the shout auto-scroll when using Oldest First

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom