[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite]

[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite] 7.2.0

No permission to download
Getting some errors after installation:

ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Permission::hasPermission() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/hm/htdocs/library/DBTech/Shout/Application/Core.php on line 641 and defined - library/XenForo/Permission.php:27

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Can't use method return value in write context - library/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Savesettings.php:56

ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Permission::hasPermission() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/hm/htdocs/library/DBTech/Shout/Application/Core.php on line 641 and defined - library/XenForo/Permission.php:27
Are there any more parts to this stack trace?

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Can't use method return value in write context - library/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Savesettings.php:56
This will be fixed in the next version, thanks :)

Fillip

An exception occurred: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/ohgunow1/public_html/library/DBTech/Shout/Shoutbox.php on line 766

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in DBTech/Shout/Shoutbox.php at line 766
  2. DBTech_Shout_Shoutbox->renderWrapper() in DBTech/Shout/EventListener/FrontControllerPostView.php at line 66
  3. DBTech_Shout_EventListener_FrontControllerPostView::listen()
  4. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
  5. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 183
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ohgunow1/public_html/index.php at line 13
Whenever I added to navigation template since it wasn't auto appearing.

Haven't had this error again and I deleted the error log. If it occurs again, I will post all the details.

One more thing though: In the admin-cp, I don't see any tab for DBTech Shout:
8c8816266d.png

Also, another error occured:
eae0fab3b6.png

An exception occurred: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/ohgunow1/public_html/library/DBTech/Shout/Shoutbox.php on line 766
Could you please show me what's on line 766 for you? Each file is slightly different so I can't really tell, sorry :(

One more thing though: In the admin-cp, I don't see any tab for DBTech Shout
Look under Applications :)
You'll need the Can Administer Shout permission if you aren't Super Admin.

Also, another error occured
That'll be fixed in the next version, thanks :)

Fillip

Hello,

We just installed the latest version and have found a weird bug when using a dollar sign in a shout. If you use $ in the middle of a shout, ex:

"It costs $100", it replaces the $ with xf_, so the resulting shout is "It costs xf_100". But if the dollar sign is at the start of a shout, like you just enter "$100", then the should correctly displays the dollar sign. Is this a known bug or something weird with our installation? Thanks!

Hello,

We just installed the latest version and have found a weird bug when using a dollar sign in a shout. If you use $ in the middle of a shout, ex:

"It costs $100", it replaces the $ with xf_, so the resulting shout is "It costs xf_100". But if the dollar sign is at the start of a shout, like you just enter "$100", then the should correctly displays the dollar sign. Is this a known bug or something weird with our installation? Thanks!
Update: I have reproduced the issue locally and I will have a fix for it in tomorrow's release :)

Fillip

This will be fixed in the next version, thanks :)

Fillip
I got that error on the front end, but nothing in the error log

Code:
Fatal error: Can't use method return value in write context in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/DBTech/Shout/Shoutbox.php on line 556

I got that error on the front end, but nothing in the error log

Code:
Fatal error: Can't use method return value in write context in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/DBTech/Shout/Shoutbox.php on line 556
I believe this may be fixed in my development version, but for completeness' sake, can you show me what's on line 556 for you? I'll double check to make sure it's fixed :)

Thanks!

Fillip

Code:
$this->app->getUserInfo('dbtech_vbshout_settings') |= 16384;
Made sure to get that fixed, thanks :)

The reason for these errors is that I made a change to the framework after DB Shout was already converted, search & replace doesn't always work out as it would appear :P

Fillip

Just notice the Title description: "DragonByte Shout - vBShout for XenForo!"

vBShout
sound to me like vBulletin, and puts me off a bit.

That description is there because this is a XenForo version of our vBShout product, a brand name a lot of people have become familiar with over the past 6+ years :)

Fillip

Top Bottom