[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite]

[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite] 7.2.0

No permission to download

Hello, Fillip.

I'm having an issue with your latest release.

Now the shoutbox doesn't work at all. It won't display anyone's shout at all.

I re-installed RC7 for the time being until you are able to present a working release.

But it did fix the server error on RC8. There was no server error when I installed it.

Thanks.

- Bradley

i just install the addon and i get this:

Code:
An exception occurred: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Permission::hasPermission() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/admin/web/escritoriobase.com/public_html/library/DBTech/Shout/Application/Core.php on line 743 and defined in /home/admin/web/escritoriobase.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Permission.php on line 27

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Permission.php at line 27
XenForo_Permission::hasPermission() in DBTech/Shout/Application/Core.php at line 743
DBTech_Shout_Application_Core->usergroupPermission() in DBTech/Shout/XenForo/EventListener/FrontControllerPostView.php at line 9
DBTech_Shout_XenForo_EventListener_FrontControllerPostView::listen()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 183
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/web/escritoriobase.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13

i need some sugestions as soon as possible, thank you!

If you could get a legit fix for the error I got that would be great. I know this stuff is really hard to do but I am still on RC7 with the error since RC8 wouldn't display shouts. Thanks.

Hello, Fillip.

I'm having an issue with your latest release.

Now the shoutbox doesn't work at all. It won't display anyone's shout at all.

I re-installed RC7 for the time being until you are able to present a working release.

But it did fix the server error on RC8. There was no server error when I installed it.

Thanks.

- Bradley
Hi Bradley,

Can you please show me what's in the server error log when you install RC8? Obviously this is not an issue I'm able to replicate as I would not be providing a non-working release, I'll need to see what errors you are experiencing in order to assist.

Thanks!

Fillip

Hi Bradley,

Can you please show me what's in the server error log when you install RC8? Obviously this is not an issue I'm able to replicate as I would not be providing a non-working release, I'll need to see what errors you are experiencing in order to assist.

Thanks!

Fillip

Hello Fillip,

Thanks for getting back to me.

There were 0 errors in the server log after installing RC8. It was showing no errors at all. But when I and several other members tried to use the shout option, it did not work. We would simply type in the words and press enter and nothing would come up.

So I reverted back to RC7.

I have a question in the mean time. Do you think the error I showed you would cause an issue with the site or possibly affect any forum functions in the future if I was to leave it on RC7 until you have a new release? In other words, is it safe for now.

Hello Fillip,

Thanks for getting back to me.

There were 0 errors in the server log after installing RC8. It was showing no errors at all. But when I and several other members tried to use the shout option, it did not work. We would simply type in the words and press enter and nothing would come up.

So I reverted back to RC7.

I have a question in the mean time. Do you think the error I showed you would cause an issue with the site or possibly affect any forum functions in the future if I was to leave it on RC7 until you have a new release? In other words, is it safe for now.
Can you please PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account so I can see this issue in action @ your site and resolve it for you? :)

Fillip

Sure I trust you. Thanks Fillip.

I'll message you now.
This has now been resolved, thanks :)

The reason why this was happening is the fact that I was trying to avoid /createchat commands being saved as real shouts, but I had made a mistake in the way the DataWriter/DataManager API works in XF. In vB, the preSave function returns true or false, but in XF it returns nothing (void/null). I worked around this in other ways, and now both normal shouts and createchat commands are working as intended :)

Fillip

This has now been resolved, thanks :)

The reason why this was happening is the fact that I was trying to avoid /createchat commands being saved as real shouts, but I had made a mistake in the way the DataWriter/DataManager API works in XF. In vB, the preSave function returns true or false, but in XF it returns nothing (void/null). I worked around this in other ways, and now both normal shouts and createchat commands are working as intended :)

Fillip

Thanks Fillip. I'm glad this was resolved so quickly. I will keep in mind your expertise when choosing add-ons in the future.

Are you updating the Xenforo download with the fix?

Are you updating the Xenforo download with the fix?
That's already been done :)

The beauty of the Resource Manager here is that I can link directly to the download @ DBTech, which I can update easily by simply committing the fix to my version control system :D Unlike a certain other site where I have to commit the fix, then navigate to the product page @ DBTech, download the zip, navigate to the downloads in question, edit, remove zip, upload zip, save, save again.

Fillip

That's already been done :)

The beauty of the Resource Manager here is that I can link directly to the download @ DBTech, which I can update easily by simply committing the fix to my version control system :D Unlike a certain other site where I have to commit the fix, then navigate to the product page @ DBTech, download the zip, navigate to the downloads in question, edit, remove zip, upload zip, save, save again.

Fillip

Alright sounds great.

Yeah and vBulletin has it's ups and downs but I am still a fan of both systems. But I enjoy mods on Xenforo far more.

Anyways, thanks for the fix.

hi thanks for your hard work, nice shout can i ask how can i change text colour (when i change colour from shout then its changes it self to default after wile )
and also how to add smiles to it thx

Use the colour selector in the editor tools, it looks like an A with a line underneath :)

The Smilie button is a Pro-only feature :)

Fillip
Thank you I've done that after wile its changes back to default colour also is there any way can I change message display (instead of show new massage on top show on bottom )

Thank you I've done that after wile its changes back to default colour
Is anyone else able to replicate this? (As in, other people here @ XF who use this mod, not other members on your particular site)

also is there any way can I change message display (instead of show new massage on top show on bottom )
I believe this is a Pro-only feature, if you cannot find the display order option in the Instance Management settings.

Fillip

Top Bottom