[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite]

[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite] 7.2.0

No permission to download
Sorry about the delays in responding to this thread, for some reason I'm not receiving any alerts when people post in this thread. I'm not sure why.

Is there any chance you would consider changing it so that it uses it's own style properties instead of reusing the defaults?
Unfortunately that would result in more support tickets from people who use custom skins, is there another style property you feel would fit better?

Any one else have issues with this addon and XenWord while using the comment system?
I inspected that support thread and I'm seeing they have resolved it @ their end - they are using a similar method of initialising XenForo as I am.

Fillip

I've updated to the latest version and now the shoutbox keeps "loading" the console in Chrome shows me following error:

Code:
jquery.tmpl.min.js?_v=aafde949:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined(anonymous function) @ jquery.tmpl.min.js?_v=aafde949:1
core.js?_v=aafde949:360 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined(anonymous function) @ core.js?_v=aafde949:360
(index):3729 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).DBTechShout is not a function(anonymous function) @ (index):3729
xenforo.js?_v=aafde949:223 XenForo.activate(#document)

Any way to fix it? :x

How do I put this into the xf widget framework? Can you post instructions?
This shoutbox is not designed to be loaded in the sidebar, sorry :(

At the moment, it's full-width only.

I've updated to the latest version and now the shoutbox keeps "loading" the console in Chrome shows me following error:

Code:
jquery.tmpl.min.js?_v=aafde949:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined(anonymous function) @ jquery.tmpl.min.js?_v=aafde949:1
core.js?_v=aafde949:360 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined(anonymous function) @ core.js?_v=aafde949:360
(index):3729 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).DBTechShout is not a function(anonymous function) @ (index):3729
xenforo.js?_v=aafde949:223 XenForo.activate(#document)

Any way to fix it? :x
Could you please post the link to your site so I can see this in action? Most likely you have a conflict with another mod that loads a copy of jQuery (which is needed on vB, but not on XF). I'll probably be able to tell you the culprit once I see your site :)

Fillip

Could you please post the link to your site so I can see this in action? Most likely you have a conflict with another mod that loads a copy of jQuery (which is needed on vB, but not on XF). I'll probably be able to tell you the culprit once I see your site :)
Fillip

The link to the site is knickscraft.de
If you need an account to test, I've setup a testaccount: testaccount - testaccount (just a normal, registred user because guests do not have access to the shoutbox)

It worked fine before the 7.0.4 upgrade, I've also checked the CHMOD settings cause this was the cause last time, they are correct.

If you need an account to test, I've setup a testaccount: testaccount - testaccount (just a normal, registred user because guests do not have access to the shoutbox)

It worked fine before the 7.0.4 upgrade, I've also checked the CHMOD settings cause this was the cause last time, they are correct.
I can't seem to login with those account details. It says invalid username. Could you please double-check it? Thanks :)

Fillip

Should work now, but I see the shoutbox doesnt show up at all as a registred user. But the group has the correct permissions set.

I've added this to the top of the forum_list template
Code:
<!--XFSHOUT.instance1--></br>

And this are the permissions for this instance:
instance_settings.webp

As i said, everything worked fine in the previous version. Broke after the upgrade :/

I disabled the Defer JS product and the Shoutbox is now working as intended :)

Fillip

Okay, so I've got the shoutbox installed and displayed, but I have two problems.

1 - It constantly says "loading..." and doesn't do anything when I try to post on it FIXED
2 - I want to put it above the bottom breadcrumb navigations, but when I tried that, it puts it above both breadcrumb navigations Figured it out, was looking in the wrong template :)

Last edited:
Just a couple more questions now, is there a way to have it automatically post the archive in a thread every day?

Also, how do I make it so there is an automated chat post whenever a new thread is made in certain areas? Found it

And, is it possible to put the chat on a separate page at all?

Last edited:
Oh sorry, I keep forgetting this is the Lite version. The Detach feature is a Pro-only feature, sorry :(

Fillip
Ah okay, I'll probably upgrade after I next get paid anyway.
Is it possible to install the premium version by using the update feature at all? Or do I have to completely reinstall?

Top Bottom