[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite]

[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite] 7.2.0

No permission to download
a brand name a lot of people have become familiar with over the past 6+ years :mad:

Notwithstanding, looking forward to trying it as soon as you get the fixes done. How much is branding removal?

a brand name a lot of people have become familiar with over the past 6+ years :mad:
I'm confused, I was referring to the "vBShout" name, not vBulletin itself. Besides, I don't believe anyone - regardless of their feelings towards the direction IB has taken vB5 - would dismiss a product simply because it is a port :)

Notwithstanding, looking forward to trying it as soon as you get the fixes done. How much is branding removal?
The Branding Free add-on is $75. In order for the BF key to work, you'll need to have an account @ www.dragonbyte-tech.com and download the Lite version (either via the button here or via the "Download Demo" link @ our site) while logged in. This is because each BF key is unique to each user.

Fillip

I'm confused, I was referring to the "vBShout" name, not vBulletin itself. Besides, I don't believe anyone - regardless of their feelings towards the direction IB has taken vB5 - would dismiss a product simply because it is a port :)

Yes I realise we are talking about vBShout, but the vB part of the brand is what makes me feel uneasy. I shudder whenever I think of all the issues vBulletin caused me and very happy to have found xenforo , so although it may well be totally irrational I am put off by that name - nothing much I ca do about that. However of course I won't dismiss the product, nor have I (or I wouldn't even have downloaded it and enquired aboutb the branding free price) I've already said I'll try it once you get the errors sorted.

After installing it threw up an error, making the page unavailable to look at.

"Error Info

ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected ';' - library/DBTech/Shout/Shoutbox.php:576"

Fixed by searching for the line and removing the ;

// Attempt unserialize if needed
$userInfo['dbtech_vbshout_invisiblesettings'] = (
isset($userInfo['dbtech_vbshout_invisiblesettings']) ?
$userInfo['dbtech_vbshout_invisiblesettings'] :
[];

--> removed the ; behind [].

That fixed it to view the page.
Next problem: the shoutbox is on a forever-loading mode...
It loads the users online but not the actual shoutbox. Shouting doesn't work!

Next error found:
ErrorException: Undefined variable: settingName - library/DBTech/Shout/Shoutbox.php:541

Chrome throws out errors as well all the time (before xenforo/data/DBTech/Shout/Files/shouts2.txt my actual site path is filled in):
GET xenforo/data/DBTech/Shout/Files/shouts2.txt?v=8408465865068.054 404 (Not Found)send @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4n.extend.ajax @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4DBTechShout.fetchShouts @ shout.core.js?_v=2437a09b:228(anonymous function) @ shout.core.js?_v=2437a09b:29n.isFunction.e @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
xenforo.js?_v=2437a09b:223 XenForo.activate([div.shoutbox2, context: div.shoutbox2])
shout.core.js?_v=2437a09b:228 [23:16:33] Fetching shouts2...
jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4 GET xenforo/data/DBTech/Shout/Files/shouts2.txt?v=42474754340946.25 404 (Not Found)send @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4n.extend.ajax @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4DBTechShout.fetchShouts @ shout.core.js?_v=2437a09b:228(anonymous function) @ shout.core.js?_v=2437a09b:29n.isFunction.e @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
xenforo.js?_v=2437a09b:223 XenForo.activate([div.shoutbox2, context: div.shoutbox2])
shout.core.js?_v=2437a09b:228 [23:16:38] Fetching shouts2...
jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4 GET xenforo/data/DBTech/Shout/Files/shouts2.txt?v=84953637002035.12 404 (Not Found)send @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4n.extend.ajax @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4DBTechShout.fetchShouts @ shout.core.js?_v=2437a09b:228(anonymous function) @ shout.core.js?_v=2437a09b:29n.isFunction.e @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2

Last edited:
Both of those issues have been hotfixed in the latest version, if you re-download and re-upload the files this should now be resolved :)

Thanks!

Fillip

Hi,

No problem, thanks :-).
It fixed the errors Xenforo threw up and the pages are back accessible.
The problem of forever "Loading..." is still there.
Nobody can shout because of this. "Loading..." doesn't disappear and prevents shoutbox activity.

The error I posted earlier, only seems to occur under certain situations of not having a chat room applied to the instance.

After I created a chat room the error goes away, if I delete the chat room the error happens again.

Hello DBTech. I am now using this. Everything works but I'm getting this in the error logs and I wanted to tell you:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 1 - library/DBTech/Shout/Shoutbox.php:778

However, I have one problem. The admincp loading icon in the top right hand corner keeps flashing every few minutes. Think you can get a fix for this?

Not sure why. It just flashes like it's loading something and then goes away and comes back continuously.

Hello DBTech. I am now using this. Everything works but I'm getting this in the error logs and I wanted to tell you:

Code:
Can you show me what's on that line in that file? Each file is slightly different so I'll need to see what's on that line for you in order to fix it.

Thanks!

However, I have one problem. The admincp loading icon in the top right hand corner keeps flashing every few minutes. Think you can get a fix for this?

Not sure why. It just flashes like it's loading something and then goes away and comes back continuously.
That is the AJAX loading indicator. It's telling you the Shoutbox is checking for new content, and is also something embedded in the core XenForo product so unfortunately I cannot remove this for you.

Sorry :(

Fillip

Can you show me what's on that line in that file? Each file is slightly different so I'll need to see what's on that line for you in order to fix it.

Thanks!

That is the AJAX loading indicator. It's telling you the Shoutbox is checking for new content, and is also something embedded in the core XenForo product so unfortunately I cannot remove this for you.

Sorry :(

Fillip

Sure, here it is minus the delicate natured forum URLs.

Code:
Error Info

Stack Trace
#0 library/DBTech/Shout/Shoutbox.php(778): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/thexboxc/...', 778, Array)
#1 library/DBTech/Shout/XenForo/EventListener/FrontControllerPostView.php(66): DBTech_Shout_Shoutbox->renderWrapper(Array)
#2 [internal function]: DBTech_Shout_XenForo_EventListener_FrontControllerPostView::listen(Object(XenForo_FrontController), '<!DOCTYPE html>...')
#3 library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(179): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('front_controlle...', Array)
#5 index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "http://www.thexboxcloud.com/forums/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["routestring"] => string(7) "forums/"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }

Also at least the ajax indictor didn't mean there was something wrong with the shoutbox itself. I had uninstalled it temporarily until you could find a fix but since it's normal for that to happen, I re-installed it just now.

I may put it on a separate page later on so it's not a big deal. Thanks.

I don't know what the errors mean but maybe you do and can work a fix if it's something you understand.

Regards,

Bradley

Sorry, I meant whether you could open that file on your FTP server, navigate to line 778, then paste that line here for me to see :)

Fillip

Okay no problem, I just did that for you. I'm using php storm so this is the exact line 778 of that file.

Code:
tabs: " . $this->app->encodeJSON($this->tabs[$instanceid]) . ",

Let me know what you come up with. Thanks.

Top Bottom