[DBTech] DragonByte User Tagging

[DBTech] DragonByte User Tagging [Paid] 1.8.0

No permission to buy ($17.49)
I use this addon to use hashtags within a message, e.g. #mynewhashtag. If I start typing after the hash #, a list of suggestions comes up.

But this only works with tags that I create from now on. The tags that have already been defined in the forum in recent years do not appear in the list of suggestions.

It looks like Xenforo core and the addon use two different lists of tags. How can I access the core tags with the addon and use the tags that have already been defined?

@DragonByte Tech

I use this addon to use hashtags within a message, e.g. #mynewhashtag. If I start typing after the hash #, a list of suggestions comes up.

But this only works with tags that I create from now on. The tags that have already been defined in the forum in recent years do not appear in the list of suggestions.

It looks like Xenforo core and the addon use two different lists of tags. How can I access the core tags with the addon and use the tags that have already been defined?

@DragonByte Tech
Yes, XenForo's thread tags are not the same as hash tags. There's no way to access thread tags within this add-on.

Can these features be added?

1. Description on the tag page.

2. Ability to automatically tag threads from the thread topic if the thread creator did not add tags.

3. Limit user's hashtags on threads and posts and prevent hashtag spam and abuse.

So with the Trending Widget it only shows total users that have tagged a specific hashtag. Meaning if User 1tags something 10 times, it seems to only show as a 1 towards the total weight. Is there a way to make it a total number of tags, rather than per user?

So with the Trending Widget it only shows total users that have tagged a specific hashtag. Meaning if User 1tags something 10 times, it seems to only show as a 1 towards the total weight. Is there a way to make it a total number of tags, rather than per user?
That would defeat the purpose, since it would allow someone to artificially inflate the popularity of a certain hash tag by using it in unrelated content.

I have an issue where when a tag is in a quote, it displays a server when user tries to post their reply. Removing the tag makes it work as desired. I only see this happen when quoting a post that has a tag in it.

I have an issue where when a tag is in a quote, it displays a server when user tries to post their reply. Removing the tag makes it work as desired. I only see this happen when quoting a post that has a tag in it.
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by this, can you clarify please?

If you are receiving an error, I will need to see the error message as it's printed in the server error log in the AdminCP.

Because XenForo's own search does. It could be seen as content stuffing.
That's one way to it but, I still do not see much difference with tags.
If tags are indexed why not the hashtags?
Most social networks have their hashtags indexed due to the trending values.

Either way, users have the choice for the minor edits.

@DragonByte Tech Server error log:

Code:
TypeError: XF\Tag\AbstractHandler::canViewContent(): Argument #1 ($entity) must be of type XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity, null given, called in /home/nadda/public_html/src/addons/DBTech/UserTagging/Alert/Tag.php on line 27 src/XF/Tag/AbstractHandler.php:50

Generated by: KrakatoaIguazu Jun 28, 2022 at 4:07 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DBTech/UserTagging/Alert/Tag.php(27): XF\Tag\AbstractHandler->canViewContent(NULL, NULL)
#1 src/XF/Entity/UserAlert.php(41): DBTech\UserTagging\Alert\Tag->canViewContent(Object(DBTech\UserTagging\Entity\TagContent), NULL)
#2 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php(1360): XF\Entity\UserAlert->canView()
#3 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php(1323): XF\Pub\Controller\Account->markInaccessibleAlertsReadIfNeeded(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionAlertsPopup(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Account', 'AlertsPopup', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(AddonFlare\PaidRegistrations\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(AddonFlare\PaidRegistrations\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2352): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(163) "/account/alerts-popup?_xfRequestUri=%2Fthreads%2F91915%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1656367673%2C25e6e23205c05d712b44287f29e8eb45&_xfResponseType=json&_=1656367675726"
  ["referrer"] => string(37) "/threads/91915/"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(15) "/threads/91915/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1656367673,25e6e23205c05d712b44287f29e8eb45"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    ["_"] => string(13) "1656367675726"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@DragonByte Tech Server error log:

Code:
TypeError: XF\Tag\AbstractHandler::canViewContent(): Argument #1 ($entity) must be of type XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity, null given, called in /home/nadda/public_html/src/addons/DBTech/UserTagging/Alert/Tag.php on line 27 src/XF/Tag/AbstractHandler.php:50

Generated by: KrakatoaIguazu Jun 28, 2022 at 4:07 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DBTech/UserTagging/Alert/Tag.php(27): XF\Tag\AbstractHandler->canViewContent(NULL, NULL)
#1 src/XF/Entity/UserAlert.php(41): DBTech\UserTagging\Alert\Tag->canViewContent(Object(DBTech\UserTagging\Entity\TagContent), NULL)
#2 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php(1360): XF\Entity\UserAlert->canView()
#3 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php(1323): XF\Pub\Controller\Account->markInaccessibleAlertsReadIfNeeded(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionAlertsPopup(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Account', 'AlertsPopup', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(AddonFlare\PaidRegistrations\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(AddonFlare\PaidRegistrations\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2352): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(163) "/account/alerts-popup?_xfRequestUri=%2Fthreads%2F91915%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1656367673%2C25e6e23205c05d712b44287f29e8eb45&_xfResponseType=json&_=1656367675726"
  ["referrer"] => string(37) "/threads/91915/"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(15) "/threads/91915/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1656367673,25e6e23205c05d712b44287f29e8eb45"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    ["_"] => string(13) "1656367675726"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Can you please re-post this @ DBTech so it won't get lost? I won't be able to look into this right away and I want to make sure I can get to it. Thanks :)

Top Bottom