[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.7.0

No permission to buy ($12.45)
No, there are no issues when saving. Make sure you have an Adjust event set up if you've integrated the Shop and Credits currencies.
Regarding this all sorted, unfortunately I’m struggling with couple of bugs which I need your assistance. I’ve opened some tickets already, cheers.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version implements a workaround for ThemeHouse's UI.X themes that use Material icons rather than FontAwesome icons.

Furthermore, it implements "lazy loading" for item icons on the Shop home page, as well as fixing an issue with the "Hidden" flag and the user's inventory.

Complete Change Log

Feature: Add support for lazy loading for item icons
Fix: Purchased items with the "Hidden" flag will no longer disappear from the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

While I currently am just window shopping for paid plugins (don't know if our forums are going to spring into life or not)
I have been keeping my eye on this, and I do believe some of your other add-ons.

While this might be me just not reading it right, I was curious of a few of the features listed for this particular add-on.
  1. Can all the self targeted user edits [ie, username change, username style change] target other user accounts?
    • The only wording I could find that hinted to this was the description for the immunity item, as the rest seemed to indicate that it wasn't a feature, or at least not a prominently listed one at that.
    • Another feature I figured might be a swell addition is style forcing, while most may not have multiple styles on xenforo, I happen to be one of the weirdos that does, and I figure some users would get a kick out of temporarily (or even permanently) forcing users, or even entire forum sections (nodes, but I refer to them as forum section throughout most of this post).
  2. As described at the top of the add-ons post about the multiple currencies is this a basic variant of your DragonByte Credits add-on, and if so, what features does it have of your Credits add-on. or is it more of a shell for the payment methods Xenforo provides so the shop has compatibility with your Credits add-on if purchased later.
  3. Can items in the store have a price value based off of the number of remaining stock (and a multiplier based on this value) [items get more expensive the larger the difference between the current stock, and maximum possible]?
  4. Is it possible to make a bundle/bulk purchase possible with discount [example; allowing a user to buy bulk bans for a thread at a discount]?
  5. Are there ways I can impose criteria upon users for allowing/disallowing the purchase of items? (say only users in the vip group get to buy extended duration items)
  6. I see that you have a few options in the way of getting/losing moderation status, does your add-on currently support forcinganother user to become a mod, via the become a moderator item, but the buyer preconfigures it for the said gift receiver?
    1. Secondly, can users forfeit this purchased moderation, not just entirely, but to other users? (once used, can they lend the rest of their duration to another user, should that be permitted by the administration)
    2. Follow up, can if allowed by the administration, a user automatically inherit rights to buy moderation for sections they buy, while exclude others from doing so (by the buyer's configuration)?
  7. Continuing on the notion of moderation, there seems to be a few items for one use moderation, such as deleting threads, sticky-ing threads and what not, but a further continuation of these disposable moderation actions might actually be a fun addition to this add-on, such as moderation for posts, locking threads, reply banning (I figure this might be thread banning but put it in there why not).
  8. A hopefully last addition to this post, I see that users can purchase forum sections for themselves, and have some basic rights to said section, but is it possible to hi-jack said section, by forcefully purchasing it, and though that allowed to shut said section down if that now rightfulowner wanted it?
    1. Secondly a continuation; could other items be stolen from other users, either through purchase of course by discount, or by outright stealing?
      1. Through bringing this little though experiment to a conclusion most hopefully final; can immunity temporarily purchased for said feature whether for a forum section, or from item theft in general, or both?
      2. as a side note items should have a configurable steal chance, an if so chosen by the administration, immune to theft.

tiny little footnote, 7, and there by its subsections 8.1 and 8.1.1 are much more of a grand scale suggestion than I originally assumed, and by all means, you most likely still have a purchase practically guaranteed, regardless of your acceptance to such a task.
Leaving this in the footnote, but is it possible to have multiple beneficiaries to an item, (wanted to have a central bank account that was listed as the beneficiary to most items, that players could steal from, but I also wanted to reward some players if they came up with interesting concepts/things/uses for this add-on, and provide a sort of reward for it.

Apologies if I went over something you have already added, or have decided against adding to your add-on, and for using this Discussion thread for more suggesting then asking about features.

I know mildly Ironic to extend the post further, but a second apology for providing such a block of text to read, I started writing this post with only 1,2,3, and 6, and I kinda vomited ideas all over the place that I kinda liked.

Can all the self targeted user edits [ie, username change, username style change] target other user accounts?
You can gift these items if the item configuration allows you to, but the recipient(s) can discard them.

As described at the top of the add-ons post about the multiple currencies is this a basic variant of your DragonByte Credits add-on, and if so, what features does it have of your Credits add-on.
The basic points system in this add-on is X points per thread and X points per post. That's it. No per-forum, per-usergroup limits or restrictions of any sort.

or is it more of a shell for the payment methods Xenforo provides so the shop has compatibility with your Credits add-on if purchased later.
I don't understand what you're asking here, sorry. You appear to be conflating purchasing currency with real money, and earning currency for activities around the site.

DB Credits has a Purchase event that enables you to use XF's payment profile system to sell currency for real money, and DB Credits also has a payment profile that you can use for things like the User Upgrade system in XF, or DB eCommerce, etc.

All other DB Credits events deal with earning or spending currency for doing normal forum stuff.

Can items in the store have a price value based off of the number of remaining stock (and a multiplier based on this value) [items get more expensive the larger the difference between the current stock, and maximum possible]?
No.

Is it possible to make a bundle/bulk purchase possible with discount [example; allowing a user to buy bulk bans for a thread at a discount]?
No.

Are there ways I can impose criteria upon users for allowing/disallowing the purchase of items? (say only users in the vip group get to buy extended duration items)
Yes, there are per-usergroup item permissions that let you control who can see and/or buy them.

I see that you have a few options in the way of getting/losing moderation status, does your add-on currently support forcinganother user to become a mod, via the become a moderator item, but the buyer preconfigures it for the said gift receiver?
You can gift these items if the item configuration allows you to, but the recipient(s) can discard them.

Secondly, can users forfeit this purchased moderation, not just entirely, but to other users?
Once an item is gifted, it no longer applies to the original buyer. Once the person holding the item discards it, it no longer applies.

As far as I can remember, only "Username Change" items are irreversible, as I believe I removed the ability to change a user's primary user group using the "User Group Change" item.

Follow up, can if allowed by the administration, a user automatically inherit rights to buy moderation for sections they buy, while exclude others from doing so (by the buyer's configuration)?
I don't understand this question. Maybe this screenshot answers your question:
1594639490458.webp
(The "Manage support tickets" permission comes from the DB eCommerce Tickets add-on.)

Continuing on the notion of moderation, there seems to be a few items for one use moderation, such as deleting threads, sticky-ing threads and what not, but a further continuation of these disposable moderation actions might actually be a fun addition to this add-on, such as moderation for posts, locking threads, reply banning (I figure this might be thread banning but put it in there why not).
This doesn't appear to be a question. If this is a feature request, they need to be posted @ DBTech in the Support forum using the correct thread prefix. Suggestions in this thread are disregarded unless they take less than 5 minutes to implement, as they will get lost in this thread once someone else replies :)

A hopefully last addition to this post, I see that users can purchase forum sections for themselves, and have some basic rights to said section, but is it possible to hi-jack said section, by forcefully purchasing it, and though that allowed to shut said section down if that now rightfulowner wanted it?
It is not possible to "take over" an existing forum, no. The "Create Forum" item creates a new forum.

Secondly a continuation; could other items be stolen from other users, either through purchase of course by discount, or by outright stealing?
It is not possible to steal items from other members.

Through bringing this little though experiment to a conclusion most hopefully final; can immunity temporarily purchased for said feature whether for a forum section, or from item theft in general, or both?
This question appears to be moot due to the above answer, let me know if this is not the case.

as a side note items should have a configurable steal chance, an if so chosen by the administration, immune to theft.
Same with this.

is it possible to have multiple beneficiaries to an item
Items can have 2 beneficiaries: The item owner, and a category-defined beneficiary. It can be split using per-category configuration.

I guess I didn't word the first question properly, I meant more in the terms of a buyer being able to change another user's (username,usernamestyle ect) regardless of their participation/consent.

But other than that, I'm fine with the answers you provided.
And I probably will go ahead and post what I thought were more suggestions than questions there as relevant based off the answers provided here.

I guess I didn't word the first question properly, I meant more in the terms of a buyer being able to change another user's (username,usernamestyle ect) regardless of their participation/consent.
This used to be possible, but it has since been removed as it was underutilised and could cause issues. I believe you're only the second person who has voiced support, though once XF 2.2 is released and I move all of the suggestions into new Suggestions style subforums, we'll find out if I'm wrong 😅

In all seriousness; there's no current plans to bring that option back, but I'm not against re-adding it if I receive enough feedback :)

Hi there, thanks for another GREAT addon! :) Massively satisfied with it so far.

I am in the process of adding items to my shop, and I was wondering how I would go about adding a custom item that allows the user to upload GIF images as their avatars? I have a separate addon that lets me control what users/usergroups are allowed to upload gif avatars, so I want the item to essentially just give the user that bought it the permission to do just that.

I have found the "Usergroup Permissions (Yes / No)" item but I'm worried that will give the entire usergroup the permission? Or am I wrong about that? I only want to give it to the one user that buys the item.

Thanks so much in advance!

@DragonByte Tech thank you for this great addon

I would like to ask if you can help us with a bug/issue with another addon? (There's more people with same issue not just me.)

Basically, when enabling the Shop addon another addon called "Similar threads 7.0 by @AndyB'' is not working.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version adds a few features requested by the community. Administrators have more control than ever over purchases, as the buyer can now be edited when ticking the "Is gifted" box. For users with a lot of purchased items, inline moderation is now available to quickly manage purchases with common actions such as discard, activate / deactivate, and hide / show.

A few issues reported by the community have also been resolved. See the changelog for further...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Forum Access
  • Lets you sell access to a forum
  • Uses XenForo's "Content Permission" system for maximum compatibility with 3rd party mods

Hello, I put this product on sale. I integrated the forum to be unlocked into the product. The forum did not open when I tested it. Can someone write how to use forum lock? Thank you so much in advance.

Hi there, I am wondering how I would go about deleting another users item - I have a custom item that I would like to delete after we (manually) do the thing that the item describes. I am not getting any option to delete/expire their item while I am on their profile, but maybe I am missing something!

Feature: Leverage inline moderation to mass apply inventory actions
Can you explain this new feature more? I can't seem to get it to work, but I may be looking in the wrong place.

Nice, this will be useful! But could there be any reason why the checkboxes won't show up for me? And if I click the "select all" check box at the top it still doesn't select any, but pops up the the inline bar with "Purchase (0)"
Make sure you have reverted any customised templates for DB Shop.

Top Bottom