[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.7.0

No permission to buy ($12.45)
Thanks. Will the update include new features like profile banner for example?
Can you elaborate on why and how DB Shop would integrate with that feature? If you're referring to being able to sell permissions for editing profile banner, that will happen automatically.

If you're referring to being able to sell permissions for editing profile banner

That is exactly what I meant. Going through the Item types mentioned in the overview page of this add-on. I did not see the ability to sell profile banner then I realized that this addon only supports 2.1 but profile banner is a newly introduced feature in 2.2 so that is why I asked if this going to be added in the next release. Good to know it is going to be added automatically.

That is exactly what I meant. Going through the Item types mentioned in the overview page of this add-on. I did not see the ability to sell profile banner then I realized that this addon only supports 2.1 but profile banner is a newly introduced feature in 2.2 so that is why I asked if this going to be added in the next release. Good to know it is going to be added automatically.
This add-on can override (practically) any permission - I'm not sure if there have been any cases of 3rd party add-ons not allowing their permissions to be overridden. So if a new add-on adds a new permission, or the core adds a new permission, it'll immediately become available for selling in the Usergroup Permissions items.

Reactions: KSA
I'm about to start setting up a shop and I also have the Credits addon.

Is there anybody here who is running a shop already that is going well and could let me have a look at what you've done so I can get some inspiration?

And what categories you've set up etc, and tell me anything you wish you'd known at the beginning?

I'd greatly appreciate it!

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

6.4.0 Beta 1

Update highlights

!!! THIS VERSION REQUIRES XENFORO 2.2.0 AND PHP 7.2.0 !!!

This version contains coding style updates and changes for XenForo 2.2.0 / PHP 7.2.0. Furthermore, this version features compatibility with the "Live forum statistics" add-on. This integration has not been tested.

Other minor back-end issues have also been resolved.

This version is flagged as a Beta version as it has not been tested on a live site.

Complete Change...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @DragonByte Tech, a couple of my users are saying they don't get the button to collect interest? They're saying the system acts like they've already collected but they never pressed the button, it always looks like this:

S2A6hwA.png

Hi @DragonByte Tech, a couple of my users are saying they don't get the button to collect interest? They're saying the system acts like they've already collected but they never pressed the button, it always looks like this:

S2A6hwA.png
If automatic interest collection is turned on, no button will display. The collection date will update if they withdraw or deposit currency, to avoid exploitation.

If automatic interest collection is turned on, no button will display. The collection date will update if they withdraw or deposit currency, to avoid exploitation.
Automatic interest collection is not turned on, only a couple of users have reported the button is not there, the rest of us have the button.

Automatic interest collection is not turned on, only a couple of users have reported the button is not there, the rest of us have the button.
In that case, the button will only appear once the "Next collection" time has been reached. As mentioned previously, this date will reset if the user deposits or withdraws currency from the bank.

In that case, the button will only appear once the "Next collection" time has been reached. As mentioned previously, this date will reset if the user deposits or withdraws currency from the bank.
Yes I know I'm telling you that DOESN'T HAPPEN for these users. THey do not get a button, it collects automatically for them but not for everyone else.

If you don't mind me saying so, I've found it incredibly frustrating trying to get support from you for this addon and the Credits addon, you've given me wrong information a couple of times and you seem to just give the shortest answer you can think of without really addressing the issue being raised.

I'll tell the users to not deposit or withdraw and Credit and wait until tomorrow and see if they have the button.

Yes I know I'm telling you that DOESN'T HAPPEN for these users. THey do not get a button, it collects automatically for them but not for everyone else.
This is impossible. The cron that collects interest automatically does not run at all if "Require manual interest collection" is ticked in the settings.
If you don't mind me saying so, I've found it incredibly frustrating trying to get support from you for this addon and the Credits addon, you've given me wrong information a couple of times and you seem to just give the shortest answer you can think of without really addressing the issue being raised.
Likewise, it is incredibly frustrating to read messages from you that refuse to acknowledge how the add-ons work. The above message is one example, the "no I'm telling you, you're wrong about the event only triggering on user activity. The event definitely triggered on save for every single eligible user even though there's absolutely no such code path that triggers on save" from the Credits add-on is another.

You have consistently refused to accept the possibility that you might be reading the output wrong.

Are users constantly seeing "Next interest date: Tomorrow at xx:yy"? Do you think it's possible this is because they are engaging in banking activities (deposit/withdraw), or does it automatically become a bug in the software? Apparently, it's 100% definitely a bug and not user activity.

Did you see some users getting a paycheck after saving the event? Do you think it's possible this is because those users were active @ the site and thus triggered a paycheck event, or does it automatically become a bug in the software? Again, it's apparently 100% definitely a bug and not user activity.

If these were legitimate bugs, would they not be commonly reported? These add-ons have been on the market for three years. Occam's razor applies here.

You also never provided any evidence to back up your claims of them being bugs.

For instance, in the bank interest issue, you could have provided screenshots of their transaction logs showing they received interest at exactly 1:00 AM, daily, without fail.
In the "paycheck event" issue, you could have provided screenshots of their user activity showing they had not been active on the site for a number of days yet still received a paycheck.

Anything at all that showed there were an actionable issue. Would it not be logical to provide some form of evidence if you receive pushback from the vendor about the issue you're reporting? If you go to make an insurance claim on your car and they say they can't find an incident report, would you not send them a picture of the damage to your vehicle?

---
It's also worth mentioning that it's easier to provide support @ DBTech compared to @ XenForo.com.

@ DBTech, each support ticket is its own thread, meaning if I don't have time to properly address the issue right there and then, I can leave it and it will remain in my "Open support tickets" block indefinitely.

@ XenForo.com, each add-on has only a single thread, meaning if I see I have an unread alert, I have to address it right there and then, lest it be hidden from view and forgotten when more alerts roll in.

In short, priority support is given @ DBTech because it's easier to do so.

This is impossible. The cron that collects interest automatically does not run at all if "Require manual interest collection" is ticked in the settings.

Likewise, it is incredibly frustrating to read messages from you that refuse to acknowledge how the add-ons work. The above message is one example, the "no I'm telling you, you're wrong about the event only triggering on user activity. The event definitely triggered on save for every single eligible user even though there's absolutely no such code path that triggers on save" from the Credits add-on is another.

You have consistently refused to accept the possibility that you might be reading the output wrong.

Are users constantly seeing "Next interest date: Tomorrow at xx:yy"? Do you think it's possible this is because they are engaging in banking activities (deposit/withdraw), or does it automatically become a bug in the software? Apparently, it's 100% definitely a bug and not user activity.

Did you see some users getting a paycheck after saving the event? Do you think it's possible this is because those users were active @ the site and thus triggered a paycheck event, or does it automatically become a bug in the software? Again, it's apparently 100% definitely a bug and not user activity.

If these were legitimate bugs, would they not be commonly reported? These add-ons have been on the market for three years. Occam's razor applies here.

You also never provided any evidence to back up your claims of them being bugs.

For instance, in the bank interest issue, you could have provided screenshots of their transaction logs showing they received interest at exactly 1:00 AM, daily, without fail.
In the "paycheck event" issue, you could have provided screenshots of their user activity showing they had not been active on the site for a number of days yet still received a paycheck.

Anything at all that showed there were an actionable issue. Would it not be logical to provide some form of evidence if you receive pushback from the vendor about the issue you're reporting? If you go to make an insurance claim on your car and they say they can't find an incident report, would you not send them a picture of the damage to your vehicle?

---
It's also worth mentioning that it's easier to provide support @ DBTech compared to @ XenForo.com.

@ DBTech, each support ticket is its own thread, meaning if I don't have time to properly address the issue right there and then, I can leave it and it will remain in my "Open support tickets" block indefinitely.

@ XenForo.com, each add-on has only a single thread, meaning if I see I have an unread alert, I have to address it right there and then, lest it be hidden from view and forgotten when more alerts roll in.

In short, priority support is given @ DBTech because it's easier to do so.
Look, I'm certainly not complaining about the speed at which you give support, it's better than most places that's for sure, my gripe was with the dismissive manner of the replies.

You've put more time into that one response just now than you have for any of my other enquiries.

For example the one where you told me with 100% certainty that the only way to get to the Redeem page is to go CREDITS> CREDITS> CREDITS> REDEEM (turns out that isn't true, you can click on the credit amount in the postbit)

or the time you told me that the user logging in is the trigger for a Paycheck event when I later discovered that simply creating and saving the event triggers the payout.

So feel free to vent on me with a long post but I'm not just griping for no reason here.

And while I'm here, can I just say to anyone considering buying this addon that you should absolutely go ahead and do it, the addon is brilliant and the devs are genuinely good guys who want to help, I'm certainly not trying to make out that this addon is bad in any way, it's not, the addon is very good and great value for money.

6.4.0 Beta 2

Update highlights

This version fixes an issue where formatted currency values displayed across the site would display 1 instead of the real currency value. No data was lost, it was a display bug only.

This version is flagged as a Beta version as it has not been tested on a live site.

Complete Change Log

Fix: Fix formatted currency values always returning 1

6.4.0 Gold

Update highlights

Coinciding with the release of XenForo 2.2.0, all XenForo 2.2 versions are now Gold 🎉 This is also the last version that will contain the XF 2.2 / PHP 7.2 warning in the release notes.

Complete Change Log

Feature: Implement wildcard search for item names in the Purchase log in the AdminCP
Fix: Delete clean-up services would produce a server error

@DragonByte Tech Server error log in Xenforo 2.2

Code:
TypeError: Error rendering widget: Return value of DBTech\Shop\Entity\Purchase::getConfiguration() must be of the type array or null, string returned src/addons/DBTech/Shop/Entity/Purchase.php:220

Generated by: Nirjonmela Oct 1, 2020 at 12:57 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DBTech/Shop/Widget/ProfileMusic.php(47): DBTech\Shop\Entity\Purchase->getConfiguration('url')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/widgets/_18_dbtech_shop_profilemusic.php(5): DBTech\Shop\Widget\ProfileMusic->render()
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(7332): XF\SubContainer\Widget->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/SubContainer/Widget.php(168): XF\Template\Templater->renderWidgetClosure(Object(Closure), Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1883): XF\SubContainer\Widget->getCompiledWidget(Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s6/public/member_view.php(540): XF\Template\Templater->widgetPosition('member_view_sid...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1608): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('member_view', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Member\\View', 'public:member_v...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(464): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(22) "/members/nirjonmela.1/"
  ["referrer"] => string(31) "/account/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Will be awesome if you can add some new features items , as current one are a bit boring, and there aren’t a lot of items to be add into the shop. Hope you will take it in consideration.

Top Bottom