[DBTech] DragonByte Optimise

[DBTech] DragonByte Optimise [Paid] 3.4.2

No permission to buy ($49.95)
Yeah, that's what I was commenting about --- basically that anyone with the problem will have to uninstall and reinstall 3.1 from scratch (check settings screens too, since you'll lose all of that).
Alternatively, you could also untick the box next to DragonByte Optimise before uploading new files and/or before upgrading - that'll stop the forum from temporarily throwing errors before upgrading.

Last alternative being disabling event listeners via config.php before running the upgrade.

There are multiple options that do not involve a re-install :)

Fillip

Well, I skipped 3.2.1 due the issues I had with 3.2. Waited for 3.2.2 and tried to upgrade it today.

Got this when I tried to upgrade:
Server Error

Illegal string offset 'enabled'

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in DBTech/Optimise/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 114
DBTech_Optimise_XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->set() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 579
XenForo_Model_AddOn->rebuildActiveAddOnCache() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1423
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 224
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 237
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/z28.com/htdocs/admin.php at line 13

Now I'm screwed. My site is completely down - gives error pages on every page. For example, my forum index page:

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in DBTech/Optimise/XenForo/Model/Thread.php at line 63
  2. DBTech_Optimise_XenForo_Model_Thread->getThreads() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 103
  3. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in WidgetFramework/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 12
  4. WidgetFramework_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in Andy/RemoveRss/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 8
  5. Andy_RemoveRss_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in EWRporta2/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 9
  6. EWRporta2_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/z28.com/htdocs/index.php at line 13

So I tried to go into the plugins to turn it off. Get an error message and I can't turn it off! I don't uninstall it either.

I can't have my users see an error message, so I decide to turn the board off. I CAN'T EVEN TURN MY DAMN BOARD OFF! ERROR MESSAGE! Now I have to restore from backups.

Last edited:
Well, I skipped 3.2.1 due the issues I had with 3.2. Waited for 3.2.2 and tried to upgrade it today.
New versions will not get you past the difficulties upgrading from v3.1 to v3.2 unfortunately.

You need to disable event listeners via config.php
Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
then upgrade the product with the v3.2.2 files in place, then comment out that line from config.php. Under no circumstances should you, nor do you need to, restore from backups.

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Fillip

Okay, I was confused, I thought the previous instructions in this thread with that note about event listeners had to do with rolling it back the last time I tried upgrading. Too late on the backups, already did that, lol. My server does 4 hour snap shots, and only the file system needed reverting, the DB was okay, so no posts lost in the 4 hour window.

Just did the upgrade per the above instructions and everything is working now.

Just to be sure, this essentially puts query results in cache until new content is added ? like new posts essentially ?

I'm looking for a cache system for the posts table, actually each user is generating a unique query, which obviously puts a lot of pressure on server if many users online at once, i'd like to get that data in cache (refreshed every 1sec) and have xenforo get the data from the cache rather than querying sql .. would this add-on accomplish that ?

More details about my situation here : https://xenforo.com/community/threads/please-help-sql-caching-optimization.123900/#post-1118219

Mehdi

Just to be sure, this essentially puts query results in cache until new content is added ? like new posts essentially ?

I'm looking for a cache system for the posts table, actually each user is generating a unique query, which obviously puts a lot of pressure on server if many users online at once, i'd like to get that data in cache (refreshed every 1sec) and have xenforo get the data from the cache rather than querying sql .. would this add-on accomplish that ?
This mod will not pre-generate results, if that's what you're after. It will store the results of certain queries, not run them in the background and cache the output.

Fillip

hmm, let me be a bit more explicit.

The page that queries the posts table uses always the same query, and is visited by multiple users.
Right now, mysql is querried by every user, I want it to be querried once, by one user, and the results of those cached and used for all other users basically, since it's a comon table..

And once there's a new post in the forum (and in the sql table, therefore), the first user to load the page will trigger a real query, then cache, but following users will get data from cache until a new post is created again and cache purged, etc etc ..

Mehdi

when I check "Store CSS As Files", all css in extra.css of my site will be ignored and my site looks so bad. But when its not checked, rest of the things in add-on works fine.

also, although I use memcache but still system test of add-on says it is not.

We have lots of css codes in EXTRA.css and still when we enable this add-on and check "Store CSS As Files" option, it doesn't load those css codes in extra.css .

@DragonByte Tech I disable the default forum statistics sidebar in widgets addon so it seems saved query stats aren't shown with this addon. Is there plans to do similar vB optimise within admin.php display and chart of saved queries ?

@DragonByte Tech I disable the default forum statistics sidebar in widgets addon so it seems saved query stats aren't shown with this addon. Is there plans to do similar vB optimise within admin.php display and chart of saved queries ?
In the options, be sure you've only turned off the Display Saved Queries Statistics In Sidebar setting, while leaving the Enable Saved Queries Statistics setting on. Leaving that setting enabled will add the saved queries to XenForo's built-in Statistics feature, negating the need for a separate graph in DB Optimise :)

Fillip

In the options, be sure you've only turned off the Display Saved Queries Statistics In Sidebar setting, while leaving the Enable Saved Queries Statistics setting on. Leaving that setting enabled will add the saved queries to XenForo's built-in Statistics feature, negating the need for a separate graph in DB Optimise :)

Fillip
Oh i see you added stats there :cool:

Installed and working nicely with redis caching :D
When i used redis, i always get this error :
Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: No valid caching servers found. Redis error: Redis server went away - library/DBTech/Optimise/Operator/Redis.php:59
Generated By: xxxxxxxxxxx, Today at 12:10 PM

No information on redis log.

Do you use custom redis config?
Maybe my redis is unoptimized?

Top Bottom