[DBTech] DragonByte Optimise

[DBTech] DragonByte Optimise [Paid] 3.4.2

No permission to buy ($49.95)
Hi there,

Could you please avoid posting links to our Professional Support forum in this thread? Users who have not yet purchased this product will not be able to access your support ticket, and we would prefer it if support was handled either here @ XenForo.com or @ our site - not both :)

That way, we're not posting the same problem & solution twice.

For anyone wondering, the ticket in question refers to a problem storing variables in APCu which is a server configuration error that we cannot remotely diagnose.

Fillip

I plan to use redis.
Is there any reference how to install redis service in a server with WHM?
I have installed redis php module :)

I have installed the product, but i still have some questions :
  • Where filecache directory is located?
  • Where to check how many queries have been saved only in certain page (not in total)?
  • What does Cache Threads actually do? If i set it to 3600, then if there is a new thread, and the cached data is still < 3600, the new thread wont be displayed on node > thread list?
  • What does Cache Posts actually do? If i set it to 3600, then if there is a new post, and the cached data is still < 3600, the new post wont be displayed on thread content?
  • What does Cache Profile Posts actually do? If i set it to 3600, then if there is a new post, and the cached data is still < 3600, the new profile post wont be displayed on member's profile page?
  • Any plan to include full page caching for guest such as in VB? :)
Thank you

Last edited:
Where filecache directory is located?
./internal_data/dbtechOptimise :)

Where to check how many queries have been saved only in certain page (not in total)?
This is not currently possible, sorry.

What does Cache Threads actually do? If i set it to 3600, then if there is a new thread, and the cached data is still < 3600, the new thread wont be displayed on node > thread list?
When a new Thread is added, the cache is purged.

What does Cache Posts actually do? If i set it to 3600, then if there is a new post, and the cached data is still < 3600, the new post wont be displayed on thread content?
When a new Post is added, the cache is purged.

What does Cache Profile Posts actually do? If i set it to 3600, then if there is a new post, and the cached data is still < 3600, the new profile post wont be displayed on member's profile page?
When a new Profile Post is added, the cache is purged.

Any plan to include full page caching for guest such as in VB? :)
Yeah :)

Fillip

Thank you for the answer. :)

Other than when new thread / post / profile post is added,
what will happen if a thread / post / profile post is edited / deleted / locked / moved / stickied / approved / unapproved and other modification?

Will the cache purged too?

Thank you

Installed the mod last night. The test screen shows memcache is working properly. I turned on side bar statistics... nothing shows up in the forums statics area. This morning I viewed "DragonByte Optimise Queries Saved" in Daily Statistics and it comes up empty.

Installed the mod last night. The test screen shows memcache is working properly. I turned on side bar statistics... nothing shows up in the forums statics area. This morning I viewed "DragonByte Optimise Queries Saved" in Daily Statistics and it comes up empty.
The statistics piggybacks on the "Daily Statistics" cron job, so it can take up to 24 hours before those statistics show up :)

Fillip

Is that needed for the sidebar statistics too? Just wondering.

Also, that cron job ran at 12:30 in the morning (it's 9:14 am now where I am).

Is that needed for the sidebar statistics too? Just wondering.
The sidebar works off of the "Rebuild Board Totals Counter" cron entry, sorry.

Also, that cron job ran at 12:30 in the morning (it's 9:14 am now where I am).
Did you configure a cacher in the options, and have you double-checked that the TTL isn't set to 0?

Have you changed config.php for Memcache as per the manual: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f21/dragonbyte-optimise-cache-info-20587/ ?

Fillip

Still when we enable this add-on, all extra.css codes will be ignored.

Before:
2016-11-15_13-13-56.webp
After:
2016-11-15_13-14-46.webp

As you see all custom fonts and prefixes and ... (that is defined in extra.css) are ignored.

A few issues have been detected with this update:
  1. The Cache Prefix setting may have been inadvertently replaced with a longer string
    Fix: Manually change the prefix back to what you want it to be.

2. Some "Undefined Index" messages may appear in your server error log
    Fix: Re-download the product and re-upload the files.

3. The Guest Full Page Caching option may not allow users to log in
    Fix: Re-download the product and re-upload the files.
Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Fillip

I had to roll back to 3.1. First, the 3.2 update gave an error message. So I uninstalled 3.1, then installed 3.2 from scratch, and couldn't view any forum section thread lists, or threads themselves - they gave errors instead. Back to 3.1 for now.

I had to roll back to 3.1. First, the 3.2 update gave an error message. So I uninstalled 3.1, then installed 3.2 from scratch, and couldn't view any forum section thread lists, or threads themselves - they gave errors instead. Back to 3.1 for now.
Have you seen the post directly above yours? :)

All known issues have been hotfixed, so there should be no problems with (at least a clean install of) 3.2 just now. If you have any problems with 3.2, I will need the actual error message :)

Thanks!

Fillip

Yeah, that's what I was commenting about --- basically that anyone with the problem will have to uninstall and reinstall 3.1 from scratch (check settings screens too, since you'll lose all of that).

Top Bottom