[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.9.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Big problem when trying to delete a thread:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1264]: Out of range value for column 'dbtech_credits_credits' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/Db.php at line 785
  5. DBTech\Credits\Application\Db->query() insrc/addons/DBTech/Credits/Model/Event/AbstractEvent.php at line 649
  6. DBTech\Credits\Model\Event\AbstractEvent->_commit() insrc/addons/DBTech/Credits/Model/Event/AbstractEvent.php at line 598
  7. DBTech\Credits\Model\Event\AbstractEvent->trigger() insrc/addons/DBTech/Credits/Model/Event/Thread.php at line 27
  8. DBTech\Credits\Model\Event\Thread->undo() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 260
  9. DBTech\Credits\XF\Entity\Thread->_postDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1517
  10. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete() in src/XF/Service/Thread/Deleter.php at line 71
  11. XF\Service\Thread\Deleter->delete() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 846
  12. XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1891
  16. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  17. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

It seems it failed at deducting my credits when deleting a thread. I had to disable the event in order to bypass this error.

Also a question, is it possible to modify the alert message sent to users when they do trigger an event?
And, is it possible to make a warned user lose currency even if not enough? (I warn him, with an event trigger which will deduct, let's say, 500 credits, but this user only has 50 credits. Is it possible that his balance goes negative -450? Because I tried and it says the user I'm going to warn needs to have at least 500 credits).

"Allow negative display " is already checked.

Last edited:
I do not want members to earn credits for posts or new threads. I have deleted both events from the "Event Management" page multiple times, but as soon as I make a new post or thread, it's recreates itself.

I have both disabled now and that's working, but why are events creating themselves automatically? I don't want other events to randomly start giving out credits when I didn't add them.

Also a question, is it possible to modify the alert message sent to users when they do trigger an event?
And, is it possible to make a warned user lose currency even if not enough? (I warn him, with an event trigger which will deduct, let's say, 500 credits, but this user only has 50 credits. Is it possible that his balance goes negative -450? Because I tried and it says the user I'm going to warn needs to have at least 500 credits).

"Allow negative display " is already checked.

Don't have a solution, but did check and it does the same on my forum, so you're not alone.

I do not want members to earn credits for posts or new threads. I have deleted both events from the "Event Management" page multiple times, but as soon as I make a new post or thread, it's recreates itself.

I have both disabled now and that's working, but why are events creating themselves automatically? I don't want other events to randomly start giving out credits when I didn't add them.

I don't know for sure why they recreate themselves (maybe it's a safety precaution to prevent errors from missing values), but I do know that you can disable the event by clicking the toggle on the left-hand side of Event Management. I disabled the default ones, myself. Edit: I'm bad at reading, you already said you did that.

That could happen if you have points for posts or threads enabled in the Shop settings.

Fillip

I have a problem, I created an even so that when users make a thread in a specific node, they gain 50 credits and it works, but they reported me a bug: if they edit it, they get 50 more credits! And this is an endless loop, they might farm 99999999 credits in a few hours with this glitch. Anything I can do to prevent it? Hope you will reply as soon as possible, thanks.

Another annoying bug about unlimited currency exploits. If you set an event to award credits upon voting on polls, if the user changes his poll vote, he gets awarded credits again and again.

The only temporary fix is to set a negation amount, but users will receive a double notification, while they should instead receive no notification at all as they shouldn't understand the mechanism behind it, or they would keep digging to find exploits. Also, this "fix" does only work if the user re-votes on the same poll option, otherwise the credits will still be awarded and not deducted.

Last edited:
I have a problem, I created an even so that when users make a thread in a specific node, they gain 50 credits and it works, but they reported me a bug: if they edit it, they get 50 more credits! And this is an endless loop, they might farm 99999999 credits in a few hours with this glitch. Anything I can do to prevent it? Hope you will reply as soon as possible, thanks.
This is not a bug, as per the thread @ our site.

The negation amount must be set to the same amount as you originally award.

I get this error as soon as I try to edit currencies.
Why?
This is not an issue I am able to replicate, sorry.

Another annoying bug about unlimited currency exploits.
Could you please stop referring to your misconfiguration as an "unlimited currency exploit"? An exploit is a serious accusation, and throwing the term around when the root cause is a misconfiguration on your end is very upsetting.

As you know, I too am only human, and when someone uses inflammatory language to accuse me of selling products with exploits in them, I get angry and I become less inclined to help that person with their other problems. It's very difficult for me to maintain a respectful discourse with you when you throw these accusations around.

If you could refrain from this in the future, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :)

The only temporary fix is to set a negation amount, but users will receive a double notification, while they should instead receive no notification at all
The notion of erasing the previous notification when an event is undone is something I can look into for future versions.

they shouldn't understand the mechanism behind it, or they would keep digging to find exploits.
This is called "security by obscurity" and is an incredibly harmful practice. Users should absolutely keep digging for exploits, either to find more misconfigurations on your end or finding an actual, for real exploit which should get fixed.

Also, this "fix" does only work if the user re-votes on the same poll option, otherwise the credits will still be awarded and not deducted.
That is not an issue I am able to replicate, can you please provide step-by-step instructions?

Fillip

I apology for upsetting you Fillip, I didn't mean to offend nor to attack your add-on which I'm slowly discovering (even because of the lack of some documentation which could've prevented me to call all these bugs).

As per the Poll bug (or misconfiguration? We'll find out soon), here's how to reproduce it:

1st Create a Poll
2nd At least 2 Poll options
3rd Set the poll as "Users can change their vote"
4th Create an event "Poll"
5th Set the amount you want to award and the amount you want to charge when someone votes
6th Vote on the poll
7th Change the vote to the same option -> Working fine, I lose Credits and then I get them awarded again
8th Change the vote to ANOTHER option (which seems to be the most reasonable thing a user would do) -> BUG FOUND: I get the credits awarded again without getting my old amount deducted from my balance.

Hope it helps.

Just to be clear, I always only aimed at improving your script, it has great potential and I only aim at helping you with bugs reporting, hopefully a stable version will be released soon. If there's something I can do to help, please let me know.

4th Create an event "Poll"
This event is not for when someone votes on a poll, it is for creating a new poll.

If you meant the Vote event, I've tested it and I can't replicate this issue. Are you sure you're running the latest version? Can you please try deleting existing downloaded versions from your computer, re-downloading it and re-uploading the files?

Fillip

Sorry I meant poll vote indeed, not poll. I will try re-downloading even tho I'm not sure it would fix my issue.

Thanks.

Nope, problem still persist. If it helps, additionally, I selected only a few nodes to apply this event, so it's not global.

I'm confused about the events, wouldn't it use your criteria system as part of xF as possible events to award stuff? Or is it individual from it?

Is this a bug? Getting Error: Not Enough Credits to post when attempting at posting something tirggering a charging post event. (I obviously have enough credits to post, but it just wont allow any user post).

How to repliacate:

Event Trigger: Post
Content Ownership: Only someone else's Thread
Charge: YES
Post Amount: 1
Post Negation Amount: 1

All the other settings are untouched.

Any help is appreciated.

@DragonByte Tech how should I apply the credit update. There are no update instructions in the download. Should I remove the old addon, then install the new addon, or do I simply upload, and overwrite the existing files? The last thing I want to do is lose any existing data.

Thanks

Top Bottom