[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.9.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Ahh yes it's done already. I tried right now by disabling the DB Shop entirely, and it still throws the error message

Screenshot_9.webp

so it must be something I'm missing in the DB Credits add-on. Any other ideas about why this would happen? My balance is 1,260 Credits.

It seems we're having similar ideas. It's always been set to "Allow negative display", but I just tried with all the three settings, and no differences so far.

It seems we're having similar ideas. It's always been set to "Allow negative display", but I just tried with all the three settings, and no differences so far.
In that case I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't work for you, unless you're not running the latest version.

If you are, can you please PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account so I can look into this @ your site?

Fillip

Ok so I've done some deep searches, it looks like this does happen only to me (administrator) and not to other user groups. Weird, isn't it?

I'm lost in a maze, again.

So, thanks to your help, the event is now working fine (thanks thanks thankssssssss for it!).

So my user groups structure is made this way:

All my users are in the group: "Registered users", while some special members also are in the following groups (as secondary groups):

Administrator, Moderator, VIP etc etc..

Now, coming back to my question:

How do I exclude a particular event from happening to these specific groups?

I know in the Event Settings I can choose which groups to exclude from the event, but, if my users are in both Registered and Moderator groups (for example), if I do exclude "Moderator" from the selections in the Usergroups list of the event settings, the event will obviously still trigger as the user is also in the group Registered.

I'm sorry for my long explanation, I hope it makes sense.

Thank you!

Last edited:
How do I exclude a particular event from happening to these specific groups?
As far as I can tell, there's no way around that except for making all your registered members also a part of a new member user group, so that you can exclude the default registered users as well as your staff team.

Fillip

I came up with a theorical solution:

Making a copy of the event, applying it only to the secondary groups I want to have excluded from the main event. Basically, if the event A (which applies to EVERYONE) will charge people 1 credit, I will make another event B which applies only to all the secondary groups I have (excluding REGISTERED) in order to GIVE 1 credit.

Could this work?

It would basically act this way:

REGISTERED ONLY: -1 Credit
REGISTERED + SECONDARY GROUP: -1 Credit and then +1 Credit (with the secondary event made only for this purpose)

Hope it makes sense.

By default, only the best event (e.g. the one that will charge people less, or earn them more) will apply.

So in your scenario, everyone who is not in the "secondary group" will get charged 1 credit, and everyone who is in the "secondary group" will earn 1 credit.

Fillip

Thanks for reminding me about it, so setting the amount to charge/award to 0 to my secondary groups and hiding the alert will overcome the issue completely?

Thanks again Fillip, I'll try that, otherwise I'll switch the setting to Event Triggering: "All".

Have a wonderful day!

It worked, but I had to set 0.00001 in order for the event to trigger, then I had to hide the event notification so users don't get notified at all about this.

Hopefully this will help others in my same situation. Thanks again Fillip!

Top Bottom