[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Bob has been kind enough to provide me with a development copy of this product and I will be looking to add support for those 4 actions in a future version, hopefully in an update to be released around the 26th. That's my current plan, but plans are subject to change so I cannot guarantee I will be able to add support at that time.

Fillip

Im excited for this. The gaining credits for reviews are what I am most interested in

Just to keep you guys updated, I don't believe I'll be able to have it ready for Monday's update as I had some unexpected work come up. I'll be working to add support for his mods in our new DragonByte Optimise mod as well as this mod over the coming weeks, so stay tuned :)

Fillip

Hi Fillip,

Very much interested in this and I'm checking out your demo.

I've noticed there's an option for awarding points for posting, however would it possible to implement a minimum amount of characters to post? This would help prevent one word spam.

Awesome! Can the navigation button also be changed to display the balance rather than just "Shop"?

And can the posts that earn the points get linked in the transaction log? I'd like to see where I got the point from.

Finally, on my current addon editing a post still grants the original reward, does that happen on here?

Awesome! Can the navigation button also be changed to display the balance rather than just "Shop"?
Not at this time. The navbar will read "Credits" if you are installing this mod stand-alone, and "Shop" if you have DragonByte Shop installed and integrated.

The problem with displaying balance on the main navbar tab is that multiple currencies can be added to the system, but I may be able to come up with a system where only one currency is allowed to be displayed there. I'll add this to the list :)

And can the posts that earn the points get linked in the transaction log? I'd like to see where I got the point from.
There's actually back-end support for this, I just haven't added the display for it yet. I'll work out how challenging this will be and add it to the list.

Finally, on my current addon editing a post still grants the original reward, does that happen on here?
Yes and no. When you edit the post, the event will be "negated" (or reverted, but "negating" is the terminology used). In the event settings, you have a "Negation Amount" setting, which is how much you want to take away when the event is undone.

For posts, and for you, this is relevant as you would set it to the same amount as they got when they first posted the post, so it would end up being
Awarded (First post) -> Negated (saving edit) -> Awarded (post saving edit).

The reason why this is happening is that the Post event has support for giving a variable amount of credits based on the number of characters added to the post. For instance, if you give 0.01 extra credits per word posted, a post might look like this:
Awarded 5.03 credits (first post, 3 words) -> Negated 5.03 credits (saving edit) -> Awarded 5.06 credits (post saving edit, 6 words).

Does that make sense? Feel free to let me know if you need any further information :)

Fillip

Thanks for the prompt and detailed response!

Ideally it would be good to see the current balance on any page, so people can keep track.

Here's how my current one looks:

EldvRgN.jpg

Liking the sound of the variable amounts!

I'm all for this if if the visual balance can be implemented so I can have a smooth transition over, I also hope I can add the balance info to the postbit, like I have here:
GHptt2r.jpg

These subtle things make it much more usable and attractive to posters.

Once I see that update, I'm purchasing instantly :)

I'm all for this if if the visual balance can be implemented so I can have a smooth transition over, I also hope I can add the balance info to the postbit, like I have here:
GHptt2r.jpg

These subtle things make it much more usable and attractive to posters.
Is that a stock XenForo postbit display? If so, how do I enable it? If not, what mod is it, so that I can install it and see how hard it would be to add support? :)

Confession: I've never actually used XenForo as a forum administrator, so I'm not really familiar with all the ins and outs just yet.

Fillip

Is that a stock XenForo postbit display? If so, how do I enable it? If not, what mod is it, so that I can install it and see how hard it would be to add support? :)

Confession: I've never actually used XenForo as a forum administrator, so I'm not really familiar with all the ins and outs just yet.

Fillip
Ah, no, it's semi-custom, some CSS edits, some template edits.

I'd just need the template variable to replace that "7g" with the currency from here.

The nav bar balance is most important though.

Ah, no, it's semi-custom, some CSS edits, some template edits.

I'd just need the template variable to replace that "7g" with the currency from here.

The nav bar balance is most important though.
Oh okay, I see. I'm sure I can find an available template variable for you, I'll do some research tomorrow and get back to you :)

Fillip

Oh okay, I see. I'm sure I can find an available template variable for you, I'll do some research tomorrow and get back to you :)

Fillip

Oh, I see the demo forum shows it anyway "Credits: 14" in the postbit

I can just adapt what extra code you've put into message_user_info

I mean, if whatever is put there can just be put at the top too instead of "Credits" or "Shop", we're golden, no other changes need to be made.

I mean, if whatever is put there can just be put at the top too instead of "Credits" or "Shop", we're golden, no other changes need to be made.
Try this:
  1. Options -> DragonByte Tech: Credits -> Navbar Tab -> Set to any of the "Right" options
  2. Edit template dbtech_credits_navbar_right
  3. Change
    Code:
    {$extraTab.title}
    to
    Code:
    Money: {xen:number {$visitor.credits_1}, 2}
That should, in theory, produce the display you want.

Fillip

Lets goooo purchasing now!
Great :)

For the message_user_info template edit, I believe
Code:
{xen:number {$user.credits_1}, 2}
should work, although I didn't test that. If you run into problems with it, let me know and I'll get it working for you :)

Also, if you set up more than one currency, you'd use credits_2 to refer to currency ID 2, or credits_3 for currency ID 3, etc. You can see the currency ID by hovering over the Edit link in the AdminCP :)

Fillip

OK, navbar sorted, about to do postbit.

I've got a bit of a template issue when you click "Transaction Log" - I've also got 11.66 credits after making one post, which is odd, as i've changed the events to much lower.

Looking more into it now.

Edit: Suffix isn't showing in the nav, but I can add that manually. Subheading balance is rounded up also.

I've also got 11.66 credits after making one post, which is odd, as i've changed the events to much lower.
Could it be the multiplier / word amount settings?

Edit: Suffix isn't showing in the nav, but I can add that manually. Subheading balance is rounded up also.
This is just a stopgap measure until next week's update where I'd be using the same rounding functionality as is used throughout the mod, which is done via PHP.

Fillip

Could it be the multiplier / word amount settings?

This is just a stopgap measure until next week's update where I'd be using the same rounding functionality as is used throughout the mod, which is done via PHP.

Fillip
Ah ok.

The postbit has now added "Credits: Blah" to everyone's postbit, and it's only showing my credits. Hmm.

Not sure if this will help but this is what I had for the previous addon:
Code:
<span class="bdBank_Balance" data-userid="{$user.user_id}" data-balance="{xen:helper bdBank_balance, $user}">{xen:helper bdBank_balanceFormat, {xen:helper bdBank_balance, $user}}</a></span>

The postbit has now added "Credits: Blah" to everyone's postbit, and it's only showing my credits. Hmm.
You can turn off the built-in Credits display by going to the Options and turning off the Postbit Integration there.

Not sure if this will help but this is what I had for the previous addon:
Code:
<span class="bdBank_Balance" data-userid="{$user.user_id}" data-balance="{xen:helper bdBank_balance, $user}">{xen:helper bdBank_balanceFormat, {xen:helper bdBank_balance, $user}}</a></span>
Try something like this:
Code:
<span class="bdBank_Balance" data-userid="{$user.user_id}" data-balance="{xen:number {$user.credits_1}, 2}">{xen:number {$user.credits_1}, 2}</a></span>

Does that work better for you?

Fillip

You can turn off the built-in Credits display by going to the Options and turning off the Postbit Integration there.

Try something like this:
Code:
<span class="bdBank_Balance" data-userid="{$user.user_id}" data-balance="{xen:number {$user.credits_1}, 2}">{xen:number {$user.credits_1}, 2}</a></span>

Does that work better for you?

Fillip

cIRa3Ob.jpg

:)

Now for the template issue?

yo8wKVM.jpg

Seen the bit at the top before?

Edit: Also went from 11.8 to -3.8 for editing a post :eek:

7sk28uK.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom