[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
There are quite a few requests in regard to bitcoin and credits, pay for posting, donations, etc.

I've seen posts by @denam @beanfan78 @Glockie @StarArmy @John Blaze @Mert and a lot of others requesting bitcoin payment functionality.
An example:
How about...
- users being able to purchase credit points using bitcoin
- users should be able to set up their receiving bitcoin address in their account linking to an external wallet
- purchase advertisement space using bitcoin

So I have 3 suggestions:
  1. Add bitcoin payments for both Credits & Donations.
  2. Add support for DragonByte Donations. i.e. pay for donations with credits and give credits for donations.
  3. Add a 'Wallet Page' in XF account which has all credit related overviews and functions:
    - display total credits owned
    - history overview of received and spent credit
    - function to send credits to another member
    - function to spend credits on events
    - function to buy credits

In User Management, I search a user and then change his credit. And click on "Update". But still his credits is what it was before I manually change it. It seems that is not working.

A virtual wallet is basically a page or set of account pages that shows what they have and its history.
Is there an account page to see the amount of credits they have, their transfer history, with functions to buy more credits, send credits, etc. ?
The main Credits page has this overview: https://i.imgur.com/IaMqjlA.png

How about Conversation? If its implemented, then its not working.
I'll remove those options in the future until they can be implemented.

One another suggestion here: now we can set to have Alerts OR Conversation OR Email to let users they got credit. and per-event we can enable/disable it.
It would be better to be able to set the type (alert, conversation, email) per-event base. For example, some events are important so we want the conversation be started with user. and some of them are not important and we want to sent alert to them. But now, we can set just one type for all events.

Thanks
That might be something to re-visit for the future when more than one alert type is implemented :)

There are quite a few requests in regard to bitcoin and credits, pay for posting, donations, etc.
We would be implementing Paygates mod support and let it handle the different ways of paying for credits as opposed to PayPal only :)

In User Management, I search a user and then change his credit. And click on "Update". But still his credits is what it was before I manually change it. It seems that is not working.
This will happen if you have edited the Adjust event and set Target Usergroup to anything other than all usergroups or nothing selected. If you have done this, please select ALL usergroups instead.

A lot of people mistake the Target Usergroup setting for the Adjust event as "these are the usergroups that can use the Adjust feature", not "these are the usergroups that can be affected by the Adjust feature".

Fillip

This will happen if you have edited the Adjust event and set Target Usergroup to anything other than all usergroups or nothing selected. If you have done this, please select ALL usergroups instead.

A lot of people mistake the Target Usergroup setting for the Adjust event as "these are the usergroups that can use the Adjust feature", not "these are the usergroups that can be affected by the Adjust feature".
Can you please give an screenshot of a correct settings for Adjust event? (from all its settings)
Because I selected all groups for it, but still it doesn't save new credit that we manually set for it.

hmmm you are right. the Enable option in add-on's option page. Thanks

I added an event to give 1 credit when users visit a thread (for example) and set its Limit Period to 120. (so normally this should be happened each 2 mins) but each time that we refresh the page, we get credit for visiting the thread. even if we refresh twice in 10 seconds, we get the credit twice and it doesn't pay attention to 120 Limit Period.

Am I wrong somewhere?

hmmm you are right. the Enable option in add-on's option page. Thanks

I added an event to give 1 credit when users visit a thread (for example) and set its Limit Period to 120. (so normally this should be happened each 2 mins) but each time that we refresh the page, we get credit for visiting the thread. even if we refresh twice in 10 seconds, we get the credit twice and it doesn't pay attention to 120 Limit Period.

Am I wrong somewhere?
The Limit Period works in conjunction with the "Maximum Applications" setting.

So to achieve what you want, you would set Maximum Applications to 1, and Limit Period to 120. That should ensure 1 application of the event within 120 seconds.

Fillip

The Limit Period works in conjunction with the "Maximum Applications" setting.

So to achieve what you want, you would set Maximum Applications to 1, and Limit Period to 120. That should ensure 1 application of the event within 120 seconds.

Fillip
OK. I set Maximum to 1 and Limit Period to 120. Then 5 minutes is passed. But now when I visit a thread, nothing comes to my credits (and for another event, nothing goes to thread starter's credits) it seems when they are set, something goes wrong.

I also got this server error log more than 10 times in a few minutes ago:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
DBTech_Credits_Application_ResponseMessageException: dbtech_credits_cancel_price_resourcedownload - library/DBTech/Credits/Model/Event.php:379
Generated By: a user, 33 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/DBTech/Credits/Model/Event/ResourceDownload.php(10): DBTech_Credits_Model_Event->trigger('resourcedownloa...', 15452, NULL, false, Array)
#1 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/DBTech/Credits/XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php(44): DBTech_Credits_Model_Event_ResourceDownload->apply(15452, 12039, 573755)
#2 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/phc/AttachmentPlus/Extend/XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php(7): DBTech_Credits_XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->actionDownload()
#3 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): phc_AttachmentPlus_Extend_XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->actionDownload()
#4 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(152) "http://mysite.com/resources/%D8%A2%D8%B2%D9%85%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%B9-%D9%88%DA%A9%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA-95.1858/download?version=1869"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["version"] => string(4) "1869"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

OK. I set Maximum to 1 and Limit Period to 120. Then 5 minutes is passed. But now when I visit a thread, nothing comes to my credits (and for another event, nothing goes to thread starter's credits) it seems when they are set, something goes wrong.
I cannot replicate this issue but I'll test it again for a future version.

I also got this server error log more than 10 times in a few minutes ago:
That's not an error, it's notifying the user they don't have enough credits to download the resource in question.

Fillip

That's not an error, it's notifying the user they don't have enough credits to download the resource in question.
hmm. yes. But why they get it like a server error or a bug? they get this:
2016-09-15_19-42-34.webp
wasn't it better to get a normal clean error like a pop-up or so? its more like a bug or a problem somewhere in add-on.

hmm. yes. But why they get it like a server error or a bug? they get this:
View attachment 140790
wasn't it better to get a normal clean error like a pop-up or so? its more like a bug or a problem somewhere in add-on.
It'll only display a stack trace like that if the Debug Mode is on, so that shouldn't appear to normal users. I'll look into ways of modifying the way the message is displayed, but at the moment it has to remain that way. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Fillip

It'll only display a stack trace like that if the Debug Mode is on, so that shouldn't appear to normal users.
But it is being showed although debug mode is not on. Even to normal users. (as you can test in my site too. I tested with other add-ons disabled and it removed 2 lines of it but still getting error like that)
at the moment it has to remain that way. Sorry for the inconvenience :(
No problem. Thanks for the support. Hope to see the fix in next updates. I know you are busy now. So take your time as you planned for it :)

Thanks

I have a suggestion. And I don't know if its logical and accepted by all users, but its logical in our situation:
some events like Visit, Profile, and .... that trigger the visit of user from special page, should be limited to once or have an option to be able to limit them in this way => for example I visited your profile and got credit for it, never get credit again for visiting your profile again. Or if I visited thread with id 25, never get another credit by visiting that thread. (now we have option to limit the period of getting credit for an event, but its possible to get credit multiple times by visiting same thread or profile.)
For example we want to give some credit for profile visit. and when some users are friend with each other, they visit their profiles a lot during a day. So they will get lots of credits by visiting each other's profile (and the period limit will not solve this problem any way too). Or imagine there is trending thread and lots of people are discussing a subject in it. So users visit that thread more than 2000 times. because they reply and after a few seconds and minutes gets new alert and again visit it.... this way they will get lots of credits from that thread (but logically they should just get credit once from that thread for ever)

am I right? or just I think this way? :D

I also got this server error log more than 10 times in a few minutes ago
Just a quick update to let you know the next version (to be released Monday) should also correct both of these issues.

It turns out the "frequency" check flag was flipped, e.g. it would check frequency if a frequency was NOT defined.

I've added an exception handler specifically for the resource download, and the missing phrases will be corrected as well.

Fillip

I'm currently working on updates for the Shop mod so I'm not rightly sure when I'll be able to add this, but I'll put it on the list :)
Any news on when Showcase support is added?
I would like to charge credits for:
  1. posting a showcase item
  2. displaying showcase fields
  3. featuring a showcase item
I would like to give credits for:
  1. posting a showcase user review

Any news on when Showcase support is added?
Bob has been kind enough to provide me with a development copy of this product and I will be looking to add support for those 4 actions in a future version, hopefully in an update to be released around the 26th. That's my current plan, but plans are subject to change so I cannot guarantee I will be able to add support at that time.

Fillip

Top Bottom