Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Hi Syndol,

How can I hide conversation participants list on Conversation List & Conversation Popup (to display as original)?
These list make Conversation List & Conversation Popup very messy.

6_Conversation_Popup.webp

Not sure how this is messy, but to answer your question, insert
Code:
return true;
to the very top of the _addParticipants() function in ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php

I'm considering to buy this add-on but one thing bothers me: is the conversation creator able to kick people out?

Its a user group permission. If you do not want this feature, then simply do not assign it to any of your user groups.

Tried to send out my first Convo today and it bounced back a server error. Any idea what this is?:

Server Error

Undefined index: conversation
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 348
  2. ConvEss_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/site/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13
Using v1.1.7

What version of Conv Essentials are you using ?
1.1.3 ?
1.1.6 ?
1.1.7 ?

1.1.7. sorry, forgot to add that. I disabled the add-on and was able to send a Convo. I was sending it from an admin account. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I also have Chris' start conversation from post bit add-on installed. Don't know if that could cause a conflict.

Tried to send out my first Convo today and it bounced back a server error. Any idea what this is?:

Server Error

Undefined index: conversation
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 348
  2. ConvEss_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/site/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13
Using v1.1.7

I have the same error, I tried to uninstall then reinstall but after a while this error came back like the plague. Also using 1.1.7 on xen 1.1.4 any help is much appreciated.

That error is telling me that you have another add-on overwriting the view conversation function.
I assume the conversation gets created but you receive the error once redirected to the conversation view page.
Can the person you sent the conversation to vie it?
Are you using Tapatalk to start the conversation?
Could you please deactivate other add-ons one at a time to see which if any are causing this.

I am unable to reproduce your error.

My guess is that you guys installed the Conversations Wrapper add-on recently.
You will need to change the order of the Code Event Listener for that add-on.
To do this you will need to view the Admin Control Panel in Debug mode.
Then select the Development tab.
Then select Code Event Listeners.
Then select the load_class_controller underneath Add Account Wrapper to Conversations.
Then change the Callback Execution Order to 100
Then save.

My guess is that you guys installed the Conversations Wrapper add-on recently.
You will need to change the order of the Code Event Listener for that add-on.
To do this you will need to view the Admin Control Panel in Debug mode.
Then select the Development tab.
Then select Code Event Listeners.
Then select the load_class_controller underneath Add Account Wrapper to Conversations.
Then change the Callback Execution Order to 100
Then save.

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks Syndol!

Got a weird but that just started popping up after I did the debug trick - now, when I install an add-on, after it rebuilds the caches and templates, Conversation Essentials shows up as deactivated. I can seemingly reactivate it just fine. Then it does it again after another add-on install. Happened 4 times now.

This can't have anything to do with changing the even listener order.
Which add-ons have you installed recently?

This can't have anything to do with changing the even listener order.
Which add-ons have you installed recently?

I didn't think it would, but it definitely started happening after I did that. Recent installs:

[bd]tag me
waindigo's login as user
sypex dumper
tiny mce fix
tiny mce enhancements
hulu media codesite addon

I had that issue just a bit ago, actually... with a different add-on.

I'd attempted to turn back on Mobile Agent Tracer, but it would never come back on. Kept timing out for some reason. I know what you are talking about, but not sure what issue is causing it.

*I didn't change or haven't changed any of the event listener orders.

My convos are broke too. I don't have conversation wrapper installed either. Just the template edit.

View attachment 42966

Not sure how this is messy, but to answer your question, insert
Code:
return true;
to the very top of the _addParticipants() function in ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php

Just some is fine, but too much people and every message in my case, it looks messy.
Could you please add an option to display or not display these list on next version?
Thank you.

The whole idea is to provide some basic information about the conversation.
It should display as many names as fit in one line and then include "...and X more"
If it does not show that for you, then there is something wrong with your set up.

Top Bottom