Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I just upgraded to XenFo version 1.1.4 today and there was a message in the Convo which I never opened. Upon finishing the upgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4, I tried to open the Convo and I recieved this error:

conversationessentials_error01.webp

Please advise on how to correct this? Thanks in Advance ;-)

So, those of us with the turn off/on bug, should be re-enable the add-on or just leave it off?
Does it still work when it shows it as deactivated?
It would seem that only you have this issue as Stewart1champ did not encounter it with this add-on.
Since I'm unable to reproduce this issue, there isn't anything I can do to help you figure out what is causing it on your particular setup.

Does it still work when it shows it as deactivated?
It would seem that only you have this issue as Stewart1champ did not encounter it with this add-on.
Since I'm unable to reproduce this issue, there isn't anything I can do to help you figure out what is causing it on your particular setup.

Well, it had been off. I just tried to enable it, and got this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 1126

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/domain/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 1126

This is weird. When I got that, I used the dropdown menu (like you would if you wanted to hit uninstall). When i clicked the checkbox, it reenabled. Then, when I reloaded the page, it disabled itself again.

Try disabling other add-ons one at a time, then enable/disable this one to see if you still get the error.
My only guess is that another add-on you installed is causing this.

Alright, I've gone through and deactivated every single ******** add-on, and uninstalled the ones that wouldn't deactivate, and it still won't work. 36 total. After every single one, I tried turning it back on, and I'd reload the page and it would turn off again.

I'm now going to drown a box of kittens in a bucket.

Reactions: DRE
That's just not a funny saying. Period.

Since you are still on a test installation of XenForo, my only suggestion for you is to start over and only install the add-ons you really need.
Install them one at a time, ensuring everything still works after each install.

That's just not a funny saying. Period.

Since you are still on a test installation of XenForo, my only suggestion for you is to start over and only install the add-ons you really need.
Install them one at a time, ensuring everything still works after each install.

Its a joke from a great comedian, actually. That aside, my site's no longer a test. I ended up unistalling CE. I would very much like to get it working again though. I don't think that would work, seeing as how I already tried turning every one off. If I uninstalled them all, would it make any difference?

-A

Hello Syndol.
Having a bit of an issue with the auto response feature.
I have set an auto response (for 8 years or so time frame) (would be nice to have a perma auto response feature)
But anyways I have set an auto response; and all works perfectly well with the feature. Just one issue however. Whenever someone pms me and I auto respond to them I now also show up as using that persons IP under "more user": http://imgur.com/Uo1dFOR

This is quite an issue for us - is there anything that can be done about this. Basically I show up under more users for that IP for every single person I have auto replied to.

Having a bit of an issue with the auto response feature.
Thanks for reporting.
I'll correct this for the next update, but in the mean time I have emailed you a fix.
If anyone else is using this feature and wants the patch right away, just let me know.

Its a joke from a great comedian, actually. That aside, my site's no longer a test. I ended up unistalling CE. I would very much like to get it working again though. I don't think that would work, seeing as how I already tried turning every one off. If I uninstalled them all, would it make any difference?

-A

Got this working again. I had uninstalled the whole thing (from ACP, then folders from server), and was told to try out all my add-ons on the test site. So I did. About half way through, everything was working fine, and most everything I had left to install weren't going to interfere, so I figured '**** it' and tried it again on the main site. Installed smooth as silk. Been a few days now and its still holding strong. Still no idea what FUBARED it in the first place, but if you're having issues, try a complete uninstall and reinstall.

This is a typical xenforo phenomenon. I had this all the time. If your test installation is on an apache server, get rid of it and use nginx. With nginx add-ons activate/deactivate much faster. There is a rule of thumb here. The more templates are involved with an addon, the more time it takes for the addon to activate/deactivate.
Another solution would be to increase the execution time. And finally, a third solution is to repeat the activation/deactivation process till the addon has been completely activated/deactivated. Addons are actually activated/deactivated in chunks if your server is not fast enough.

How do you set prefixes for Private Conversations?

Do I have to add them first through the admin Thread Prefixes? Is there any special instructions on this?

I enabled thread prefixes in the usergroup permissions for the groups already.

EDIT: nevermind, I see each user can create them - I was wondering if I can define a fixed set for everyone to use

Alright, I've gone through and deactivated every single ******** add-on, and uninstalled the ones that wouldn't deactivate, and it still won't work. 36 total. After every single one, I tried turning it back on, and I'd reload the page and it would turn off again.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom