Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
- Not sure what you mean by adding a prefix to a group.
- If you cannot see the prefix drop-down menu with the conversation title then your template edit is not correct. Since you did not use TMS, ensure the edits were either made in Master style or in each and every style you have.
- As for your view error, you either have a missing file (try re-uploading all files) or a conflict with another add-on.

I only have one style as default.
When creating a Prefix it asks me to make a group.
Or is it OK to leave conversation prefixes unassigned?

I did find the folder structure of files to upload difficult to understand so perhaps I got it wrong.
The instructions say to upload one lot to js and one lot to library directory online.
In Upload I found only one subfolder called .js not two.

Inside that is one called library and one called convess.
I have not seen a subdirectory called library in the XF js but I did check in case. No, none.
So I uploaded that library one to XF library
The other one convess I uploaded to js

Prefixes only have a title and an order number.
Perhaps you are confusing it with the Participant Groups?

The is one 'Upload' folder
Inside of which there are two more folders. One is called 'js' and one 'Library'
Inside of 'j' there is a folder named 'convess' - upload that into your 'js' folder on your server.
Inside of 'Library' there is a folder named 'ConvEss' - upload that into your 'Library' folder on your server.

Syndol I think you better email me the zip again please.
That's not the folder structure I got from the last zip from you.

Re Prefixes is there a different place to make Conversation Prefixes? I was using the Thread Prefixes section in admincp (Applications sidebar) - that section puts prefixes in groups.

I'll email it to you shortly.
You create prefixes from the Account page under the Conversations section (/account/conversation-prefixes).

Edit: zip emailed

On the page for a specific Conversation the header, and Convess sidebar have slipped to the bottom.
Ive tried adding a </div> in various places which usually fixes that kind of problem but not this time.

Not sure what I can do to help.
Re-check your conversation_view template edit.

Not sure what I can do to help.
Re-check your conversation_view template edit.

It's the template you supplied. Not saying there's anything wrong with it clearly it's fine for others.
But there must be something else I have it doesn't like so its content displays in the wrong order.

Under the Quick Reply box your sidebar appears underneath stretching 100% across the main container for XF.
Under that my header and navigation appears at the bottom.
The footer is at the bottom where it should be.

Not sure what you mean by "your sidebar", but regardless, you obviously have heavily modified conversation templates.
All I can suggest is that you go through them one at a time and try to figure out where my edits/inserts fit in.

I deleted the existing conversation_view page and replaced with yours.
The only edits of mine on it are decorative containers for the title area, and main content. These are used on all pages coming from EXTRA.css via PAGEA CONTAINER
They dont cause a problem anywhere else.

Yes, but that template also calls other templates such as conversation_recipients. They are all inter-connected.

Does this addon have a feature to change the wording "private conversation" to "private message"? How do I change the wording across the entire site. Is there an easy way to do this? I wasn't sure if you had this functionality or not.

As Morgain pointed out, that is a core XenForo phrase and is used in many different combinations. You will also need to change a few phrases in this add-on as well.
If you do decide to change it to 'message' you will encounter phrase issues such as 'private conversation message' will be 'private message message'.

Good morning!

Hit an error today (soon after installation) when trying to compare changes in one of our posts between 4 versions:
Code:
ErrorException: htmlspecialchars(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument - library/UserEss/Diff/Renderer/Html/Array.php:222

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'htmlspecialchar...', '/www/forum...', 222, Array)
#1 /www/forum/library/UserEss/Diff/Renderer/Html/Array.php(222): htmlspecialchars('??????????? ???...', 0, 'UTF-8')
#2 [internal function]: UserEss_Diff_Renderer_Html_Array->htmlSafe('??????????? ???...')
#3 /www/forum/library/UserEss/Diff/Renderer/Html/Array.php(178): array_map(Array, Array)
#4 /www/forum/library/UserEss/Diff/Renderer/Html/Array.php(123): UserEss_Diff_Renderer_Html_Array->formatLines(Array)
#5 /www/forum/library/UserEss/Diff/Renderer/Html/SideBySide.php(55): UserEss_Diff_Renderer_Html_Array->render()
#6 /www/forum/library/UserEss/Diff/Compare.php(101): UserEss_Diff_Renderer_Html_SideBySide->render()
#7 /www/forum/library/UserEss/ControllerPublic/Post.php(843): UserEss_Diff_Compare->render(Object(UserEss_Diff_Renderer_Html_SideBySide))
#8 /www/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): UserEss_ControllerPublic_Post->actionEditHistoryCompare()
#9 /www/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /www/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(214) "http://someforumhere.com/posts/editHistoryCompare?post_id=1081960&old_id=4&new_id=-1&&_xfRequestUri=/threads/813267/&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=2,373247373,ddaf6c2214981b5017fbd0ae7326aedcfcf902e6&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(7) {
    ["post_id"] => string(7) "1081960"
    ["old_id"] => string(1) "4"
    ["new_id"] => string(2) "-1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(15) "/threads/813267/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "2,373247373,ddaf6c2214981b5017fbd0ae7326aedcfcf902e6"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Would try again later, but maybe you can comment what was that?

I think you posted in the wrong thread ;)
The error means the post text was not saved in utf8 for whatever reason.
Can you please PC me the contents of the two posts. What PHP version do you have?

Is there an option to prevent images in conversation with this mod??

If not any plan to implement it?

Is there an option to prevent images in conversation with this mod??

If not any plan to implement it?
There is no option to prevent the use of the insert image link of the text editor.
No plans for it either I'm afraid.

Odd that yourself and xenforo have left that ability in. especially when it can be used unscrupulously

Why should it be any different from how a thread post works?
If someone abuses the system then there is a 'report' link.

Top Bottom