Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I purchased this mod, but how awesome would it be if you could actually send MASS Messages to certain user groups.

Could you make this possible for us?

I purchased this mod, but how awesome would it be if you could actually send MASS Messages to certain user groups.

Could you make this possible for us?
You want to create hundreds or even thousands of conversations all at the same time?
How are you going to deal with them all?
This does not sound like a very good idea at all. You should check out the mass alert add-on instead.

You want to create hundreds or even thousands of conversations all at the same time?
How are you going to deal with them all?
This does not sound like a very good idea at all. You should check out the mass alert add-on instead.
vbulletin has had a mod that does that for many years, I used it a lot - your mod already allows to send out a conversation where no one can actually reply which is a great feature!

You state how would we deal with it, thats like asking email marketing programs how are we going to deal with all the replies? A very very low amount of people actually reply - it would be mainly for useful information and sales.

This type of addon has been requested here on Xenforo numerous times as well

I would donate for this addition too ;)

lemme know!

So you want to send out locked conversations and not display them them in your inbox. Is that right?

Correct, or send them out but also allow ppl to reply but only when they reply it would hit my inbox. Actually is that even possible? heh...

That can be done, but this sounds like a separate add-on which should be part of the ACP.
I doubt most people who use this add-on have a need for it.
Something to look into.

Syndol, for some reason I keep getting "The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again." I have uploaded everything to the correct folders several times and I'm still getting this error :/ this is the first time I have encountered this problem with any of your add-ons!

I'm upgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.6 < if this helps! ;)

Is anyone even using the new "Likes" feature?
I've found it came in handy on a few occasions already.

That means it cannot find the file ConvEss/Install/115.php
Try deleting that whole folder and the uploading the latest version.

That didn't quite worked, so I uninstalled and installed it again and still had the same problem, after a few times of re-uploading the contents, I was eventually able to install successfully. Problem just something weird on my side ;)

Is anyone even using the new "Likes" feature?
I've found it came in handy on a few occasions already.

Yes, there were a few ppl on my board asking for this and I have used it a few times already ;)

Thanks!

So far very pleased with it... Still testing out all the options.

Can you add an option which allows user groups to mass kick all participants, before leaving their own conversation. This will particularly be useful for admins and or mods. Say you have 80 members in a pm conversation, which I do, kicking them individually is very time consuming.

Placement for this option could either be next to "select all" or in the drop down list. This way, if you select all, you can also mass select the 'kick' action to be performed at the same time.

Thanks.

A page layout issue has been reported to me when using Windows and IE8
As I don’t have either, could someone please confirm or deny such an issue exists and is not related to that specific website only.
Thanks.

The report was from one of my users and I was able to replicate using IE8 on XP.

Basically, everything from my header/footer stacks into the sidebar (only when viewing a conversation).
The issue disappears when I disable Conversation Essentials.

Screenshot from 2013-02-09 11:39:20.webp

No errors at XFShowcase.
So now that it's isolated to my site, any tips on troubleshooting?

It happens on all styles

My only guess is that you have an unclosed tag such as a <div> which is handled by most browsers except the one you are testing with.

Please tell me how to get the Prefixes working.
I have created 4 prefixes and put them in a group called Conversations.
I enabled Admins group to use Prefixes.
I cannot see how to add a prefix to a PC either before I post or after.

Also big oops - on my Conversation list if I click any PC to open it, I get error - The requested page could not be found.

Finally would it be possible to create a Participant group, and make it so a usergroup can ONLY PC with that group?
So no one else can PC this group. They can only PC people in this group.
I also want to limit some groups to PC only me eg newcomers.
I am happy to pay for an extra addon.

- Not sure what you mean by adding a prefix to a group.
- If you cannot see the prefix drop-down menu with the conversation title then your template edit is not correct. Since you did not use TMS, ensure the edits were either made in Master style or in each and every style you have.
- As for your view error, you either have a missing file (try re-uploading all files) or a conflict with another add-on.

Top Bottom